Elite Warriors

One Shot Dumping Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[WINNER]

 

In the year 2314, space travel has become common and several people found that it was much easier to live on either a spaceship and travel the galaxy or settle on the planet of Maxin. This planet not only offered comfort and the luxury of living in beauty and a clean, peaceful planet, but also safety from any outside enemies. Everyone trusted their neighbors and loved each other, creating a utopian existence. It seemed just about perfect.

 

Seungyoon and Taehyun were both born on Maxin, bonding in a close friendship from the time they were small. They enjoyed running through the tall grass and pretending that they were aliens from opposite planets. Their imaginations would run wild without limits and to them, anything was possible, but everything was also safe.

 

When they were both fourteen, Seungyoon began to feel something very different toward his friend, noticing how good looking he was, and feeling jealous when he was approached by any young women. He finally couldn't deny that he was falling in love with him. However, he knew the laws. They firmly forbade the union of any unnatural relationship, having sent people away to an unknown place if they followed their feelings and disobeyed the laws. Seungyoon would never say anything to his best friend, knowing that it would cause both of their banishment. He remained quiet about his feelings, even when he thought there might be a chance that Taehyun might return his feelings. It wasn't worth the pain and possible death that would come as a result of simple feelings.

 

One year later, Seungyoon and Taehyun noticed changes in the military forces. They had begun testing everyone for compatibility with the new magical armor that had been sold to them by one of the space ship captains. He didn't mention which planet he had found it on, but the leaders of Maxin had bought it at a high price, and it was now being duplicated and tested, eventually becoming mandatory to test for the armor. Seungyoon was fascinated with it, hoping he would be one of the young men chosen for it. Even though they seemed to stay in peaceful times, it could one day be needed to protect the planet, and he wanted to be ready to help.

 

Once the day came for testing, he and Taehyun went together, watching as several young men tested and very few passed. Two of their friends, Mino and Seunghoon, passed and were given the armor to put on and become one with. Once they put the armor on, Seungyoon knew that they wouldn't be allowed to associate with them as much as he would like to , since they were now elite.

 

Glancing at Taehyun, he smiled. "I hope we both pass and can begin training together. I don't want to be away from you...ever," he said, feeling his heart clench at the thought of never having the same closeness that they had now. As badly as he wanted to carry the armor, he also wanted to have a close relationship...or at least friendship with Taehyun. He couldn't bear to be away from him.

 

Taehyun smiled back at him, cocking his head to the side. "Are you okay? You seem to be thinking about something. Don't worry. You'll pass," he said, grinning.

 

Seungyoon smiled, trying to ignore the bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. "Yeah. Things will be okay," he replied quietly, trying to reassure himself, as well as his best friend. His heart began to beat faster as he saw several young men go through the testing. It was almost time for his own testing, and he hoped he would pass, for no other reason but to stay by his friend's side.

 

Taehyun watched the line become smaller as the testing and selection got to the young men in their year. Once it got to people born in April, he squeezed Seungyoon's hand. "It's almost your turn," he said quietly, noticing how clammy his hand was, but dismissing it as simple nerves. He didn't realize that it was because of the possible separation from him, and that it was killing Seungyoon inside.

 

Seungyoon sqeezed Taehyun's hand as he realized it was his turn. taking a deep breath, he made his way to the front. He hoped that they would both be chosen, but knew it would be a slim chance. Smiling at his precious friend, held out his arm for the needle that would test him.

 

While he watched with his stomach in knots, Taehyun's heart sank as Seungyoon failed. He wasn't fit to carry the armor, and they would be torn apart. Tears forming in his eyes, he realized that his only hope was that he would fail, too. That way, they would still be together.

 

Seungyoon offered him a watery smile as he stood next to him again, feeling as if he had failed his friend. Taehyun's response was as gentle as always, placing his hand on top of Seungyoon's. The older male took a deep breath, pulling his hand out from under Taehyun's. "It's almost your turn. Good luck," he managed a smile, still hoping he would fail, but the feeling in his gut told him otherwise.

 

Taehyun made contact with Seungyoon when the needle was drawn out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter