Filling the Void

One Shot Dumping Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[VIXX]

 

 

Hakyeon stepped out into the dark street, pulling his hood up as he made his way down to the coffee shop. He didn't need food, but a hot cup of coffee sounded really good, since he would be out for a while tonight, taking care of some issues he needed to address...and get rid of. Stepping into the dimly lit cafe, he noticed that it was fairly empty, with only a few other customers around. This would make it easier for him to be in and out in a reasonable amount of time, since he had other things to do tonight.

 

 

Smiling at the girl at the counter, he ordered his coffee, sitting down to wait. Once he coffee arrived, he contemplated what he needed to do. Tonight might be more difficult than usual, since there weren't a lot of people out that he would be after. In a strange sense, he considered the notion to be slow business.

 

 

He was so engrossed in his coffee and thoughts that he didn't notice the tall young man that walked in and ordered a coffee, until the other man took a seat one table away from him, opening a book.

 

 

Once he had finally noticed him, Hakyeon couldn't take his eyes off of the beautiful man, staring at him. He had sharp features and he looked very unusual for this day and age. Hakyeon thought back to the last time he had seen someone like this man, realizing that he must go back one hundred years or so. The man didn't even look at him, but continued to stare at the table in silence. Hakyeon was intrigued by him, so he picked up his coffee and made his way over to the other man.

 

 

"Hi! I couldn't help but notice that you resemble someone I used to know," Hakyeon smiled at him, his gesture returned by a frown and pointed look.

 

 

The other man sighed, appearing as if he was being held at gunpoint. He didn't answer for a long moment, but when he did, his voice was quiet. "Oh yeah? I don't think I resemble anyone I know. What's the significance?"

 

 

Hakyeon ignored the fact that the man seemed grouchy, noticing his looks, instead. He was very striking, so he didn't mind that the other man wasn't too friendly. "My name's Hakyeon, and maybe I'll see you around. We'll see, right? I need to go now, though. See ya!"

 

 

The other man gave him a wry smile, seeming to want him to go away. "Yeah. See ya." Before Hakyeon could say anything else, the man turned away from him, going back to his book. Hakyeon shook his head as he walked out, pulling his hood back up. Now that he had his coffee fix, he could go on to his task at hand, heading down to the seedy part of town. That was where he would need to go to do his work. He would track this hottie down later, and maybe get him to tell him his name.

 

 

Hakyeon left the cafe to go do his work of ridding the world of evil people, a task he liked to call 'pest control'. The first thugs he found were attacking an older woman, so he attacked them back, noticing that the older woman fled as soon as he showed his fangs. It was a small price to pay for saving her life. Once he was alone with the thugs, the vampire attacked them, biting the first one on the neck and draining him. After what the thugs had done to the woman, he didn't mind taking their lives. It also meant that he could get his nourishment, while also helping everyone else out. The metallic taste of their blood was wonderful, too.

 

 

Late that night, the vampire made his way to a club, where he loved to hang out. When he had been human, he would go to club about three times a week. Now that he was a vampire, he still loved to go clubbing, since it reminded him of what used to be. However, now he hung out there to kill boredom and also to find companionship.

 

Seeing several different people, Hakyeon's mind kept going back t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter