The Graveyard

One Shot Dumping Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Mr. Mr.]

 

Tey sat in the investigation room, listening to his chief explain about the latest murders in the area. All of the victims had evident wounds to throat before their hearts had been ripped out. Though the department wouldn't accept the theory, Tey knew these were supernatural attacks. The attacker wasn't human. He glanced at his partner, Doyeon, shaking his head. 

 

"The attacker couldn't be human," he whispered to his friend, cringing. "I don't know what is was, but it sure as hell wasn't human. Care to take a trip to the graveyard with me and see what real evidence we can come up with?" He grinned. "It'll be fun, and we can solve it ourselves. What do you say?"

 

Doyeon gave him an uncertain smile. "I don't know, Jihyun. That could get us in huge trouble. You're too rash, sometimes...but it's tempting."

 

Tey glanced at the chief, to make sure the older man wasn't paying attention to them. "Doyeon...people are dying, and the killer's some monster. You can't tell me that you're not just the slightest bit intrigued. It'll be dangerous, but likely worth it."

 

Doyeon nodded. "Yeah, it could be fun...unless this supernatural attacker comes after us." 

 

Tey grinned. "Well, if that happens, we won't have to worry about anything ever again."

 

The other man rolled his eyes. "Alright. I'll go with you. If we get in trouble, I'm wringing your neck...Got it?"

 

Tey smiled again, slapping his partner's leg. "Yeah, I got it. Thanks. You're awesome. Meet me tonight at 10:00 at the graveyard."

 

Doyeon shook his head. "Okay. Take your weapons." 

 

Tey raised his eyebrows, looking excited. "Duh."

 

 

Tey shivered, despite the light jacket he was wearing. As much as he wanted to pretend that the chill was coming from the weather, that wasn’t the truth. He was shivering from the feeling of standing at the gate of the graveyard. This was the same place that had been the focus for their investigations for the last month, though the chief always insisted on investigating in the daylight. He smiled, thinking about the conversation he had with the other man recently about the possibility of supernatural cases. According to the chief, that wasn’t a matter discuss, since they didn’t exist. Tey was ready to prove him wrong, if they could catch the bastard who had done these brutal killings and left the shredded, mangled bodies to rot. It was more of an animalistic attack, like a werewolf or something of the sort. 

 

“Let’s go in and investigate, unless you’re having second thoughts now,” Tey jumped at the sound of his partner’s voice. He had become so wrapped up in his thoughts that he had forgotten about the other man. “Yeah. Let’s start looking around. We may find something that the others didn’t.” Tey grinned at Doyeon, cocking his police revolver and stepping into the cemetery. They walked from one grave to the next, noticing that many of them hadn’t been touched. It was as if the killer was looking for something specific, and they were going to find out what it was. Tey shook his head, thinking about how disrespectful it was for the attacker to tear open graves and…

 

He stopped in his tracks, turning to his partner. “Hey, why would the attacker want to tear open graves? These people are already dead…aren’t they? The only other people who have been killed were the loved ones, if they were unlucky enough to come here at night.” 

 

Doyeon slapped him on the arm. “Don’t talk like that. It’s unnerving enough to come here around the graves, where spirits are bound to catch us and make us corpses. You scare me with your sadistic mind sometimes, Tey…seriously. What are we looking for, anyway?” This killer could come back and get us, if we’re not careful.” 

 

Tey rolled his eyes. “Where’s your adventure, anyway?” 

 

Doyeon sighed. “It’s here, but if I die, I’ll come back and kill you.” 

 

“Okay,” Tey was distracted, falling into the zone of investigating. He shined his flashlight around the graveyard, noticing that nothing else had been disturbed since the attacks on the mourners and loved ones. It was so quiet. 

 

He started to turn away and walk in the other direction, when something caught his eye. There was something lying on the ground and it could be another victim. He began to walk over to the still form, reluctantly followed by his partner. As they moved closer, he could see that it was a young man, sprawled out on the ground like a rag doll. Hurrying to the young man, Tey motioned for Doyeon to pull out his gun and cover him as he reached down and touched the man’s pulse. He had a weak pulse, and blood covering his clothing. Tey was tense as he began looking for injuries, noticing that there weren’t any. The young man seemed to be unscathed, despite the blood. 

 

“He’s alive and breathing, so let’s get him out of here,” Tey glanced at his partner, and in that same moment, he heard a sharp breath being inhaled as the young man sat up suddenly and stared at them. He looked afraid as he noticed the gun that was pointing at him and tried to jump to his feet. Tey grabbed the young man’s arm, pushing him back down to the ground. He looked frightened but also confused, his eyes wide and frightened. He struggled against Tey, but the police officer held him down firmly. “It’s okay. We’re here to help you, okay?” Tey attempted to reassure the young man, even though he was afraid, himself. The attacker could come back at any moment. 

 

Doyeon moved over to them slowly, keeping one hand on his now holstered gun. He glanced at Tey, who motioned for him to help them both up. The young man looked weak, despite not having any visible wounds. He wasn’t resisting Tey now, and let Doyeon pull him to his feet. However, as soon as he was on his feet, his he wobbled and passed out again. Sighing, Tey picked him up easily and began carrying him to their patrol car and laid him in the back seat carefully. The bars in between the front and back seats would protect them, if he decided to attack the two officers. 

 

 

When they pulled up to Doyeon’s apartment, they noticed that his boyfriend, Changjae, was home, so Doyeon left the car to explain everything to him. “We found this guy in the graveyard, while we were poking around for evidence.” He glanced at Tey. “I think he’s going home with Tey, though. Right?” He grinned at the younger officer. 

 

Tey shrugged, noticing that Changjae looked slightly irritated. “Um, yeah, I’ll take him home with me. Jin shouldn’t have a problem with him staying for a few days, while we figure out what happened.” He leaned out the window, smiling at Changjae. “It was my idea, so I’ll take him, okay?” 

 

Changjae grinned at him, shaking his head at his boyfriend. “If it was your idea, then it’s your problem to deal with. Just let us know how he does, and don’t hesitate to call, if you need help, okay?” 

 

Tey grinned back, knowing that this was what he should have expected from the other man. “Thanks. I had better get home, so Jin doesn’t start wondering what happened to me. Thanks, guys.” 

 

Doyeon grinned at him. “You’re welcome. It was kind of fun, actually. Be careful, dongsaeng. I’ll see you in the morning.” 

 

“Okay. You, too. Goodnight,” he replied, rolling up the window and glancing into the back seat. The young man was still unconscious, so Tey wanted to hurry home and check him over again. 

 

 

When he got home, Tey texted his housemate, Jin, letting him know about the situation. He was met by the other man, and they both walked to the back of the car carefully. Jin looked concerned as he touched the young man’s face carefully, expecting him to wake up. He was warm to the touch, which alarmed him. Jin was a paramedic, so he knew how to deal with injuries. He motioned for Tey to help him lift the young man out of the car carefully before they moved to the house and laid him on one of the beds. 

 

“He doesn’t seem injured, but that doesn’t mean much, when it comes to supernatural attacks.” Jin said, checking his pulse. It seemed okay, with the only obvious problem being the high temperature. “Well, I guess we’ll just wait until he wakes up and we can see what happens, right?”

 

Tey nodded. “I’ll stay with him until he wakes up again, okay? It’s going to be a long night.” 

 

“Okay. Thank you, Tey. Just be careful. We don’t know who he is,” Jin smiled at him. “Text or call me if he wakes up, alright?” Tey nodded to him, watching as Jin left the room. 

 

As soon as the paramedic was out of the room, Tey walked over to the young man carefully, studying his face. He was good looking, with slightly chubby cheeks and a delicate, chiseled jaw-line. Tey was very curious about why he had been in a graveyard, especially uninjured amongst all of the graves. He was surprise that they had found the young man alive, but something didn’t seem to quite add up. 

 

Watching the young man sleep, Tey leaned down to look at him again. “What’s your secret, gorgeous? Why’d you survive?” 

 

He placed a pair of handcuffs on the young man and leaned back on the bed. He needed to get some sleep, if he was going to be any good to his fellow officers in the morning. 

 

 

The next day, the department investigated the graveyard incident further. They found a few pieces of evidence, like more blood and odd scratches on the dirt around the graves. Tey glanced at Doyeon when they came to the spot where they had found the young man. The chief investigator was trying to figure out what had happened there, and he was saying something about the killer taking the victim away after killing them. Tey wasn’t going to tell him about the young man that was currently handcuffed to his bed. Thinking about the young man, he worried about when he woke up, unable to move. Tey made a mental note to go check on him when he went on lunch. He texted Jin, asking his roommate if he was home. He didn’t get a reply, so he guessed that the paramedic had gone to work.  

 

Tey worried through the rest of the morning’s work, thinking abut the young man and wondering who he was. He hoped that the pretty guy wouldn’t be too upset with him, but he didn’t hold out much hope for that. 

 

As soon as he was on his lunch break, he drove the patrol car home and stepped into the house. It was very quiet, which was a good sign, unless the guy was loose and about to ambush him. Tey sighed, keeping his revolver with him, just in case the guy wasn’t on the bed. 

 

Once he got to his bedroom, Tey noticed that the guy was still handcuffed, staring blankly at the wall. The investigator found it odd that he wasn’t struggling, but wasn’t complaining about it. Stepping over to the bed, he smiled at the young man. “Hi. I’m sorry I had to handcuff you. It’s just that I don’t know who you are and it was simply a precaution. You understand what I’m saying, don’t you?”

 

The young man continued to stare at the wall, unresponsive. Tey was beginning to think he may have drugs in his system, from his lack of reactions. The young man finally sighed, looking up at Tey. “I get it, okay? I also don’t really give a why I’m tied to this bed. You’re obviously a cop.” He was still staring at Tey coldly, which was a bit unnerving. There was silence for a moment, and Tey took advantage of it. 
 
 

“Yes, I’m an investigator.  My partner and I found you and brought you here,” Tey kept his emotions in check, despite his own nervousness. He didn’t know what the other man was capable of, or why he had been in a graveyard. “Do you have any idea what happened? We found you in a graveyard. There was blood surrounding you, but you didn’t have any wounds. I’m glad we found you alive. You’re lucky.”

 

The young man sighed, shaking his head. “I have no idea what happened. I remember arguing with my dad on the phone, driving to the store for some grocer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter