Dancing in Your Shoes

One Shot Dumping Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[BTS]

 

Laughing loudly and waving his hands excitedly, Jungkook grinned at his friend, Yoongi. They were on their way back from a big dance competition that they had just won. All of their hard work had paid off in this, proving that all of the hours in the dance room had been worth it.

 

One of their dance crew members, Jimin, glanced back from the driver's seat, grinning at them and talking excitedly. That turned out the big a huge mistake as Taehyung, who was in the passenger seat, screamed something about a red light, but it was too late.

 

Since Jungkook had his back turned, he didn't see what had happened that had caused Taehyung to scream. The teenager also didn't get a chance to react as a large truck slammed into the side of their van, the crunch of metal hitting metal terrible, as well as the heavy impact that sent the young man's entire body into a wave of pain. However, he didn't feel the pain long as he out.

 

 

 

 

One week later, Jungkook was staring at the doctor who had just finished examining him and taking ex-rays. He could still remember the accident, even though he hadn't woken up until two days before now. The teen glanced over at his mother, her comforting smile acting as an obvious mask to hide her own fears. He felt the familiar pain in his chest as he realized that something was about to change forever. His life wouldn't be the same.

 

The doctor sighed, his serious expression striking even more fear in Jungkook's heart. "Mr.s Jeon," he began, glancing at Jungkook, as well. "Jungkook..." The doctor paused, causing the young man to fight the urge to reach of and strangle him.

 

Jungkook pursed his lips impatiently, feeling his heart pounding wildly in his chest. "Yes, doctor?" He stared at the older man, prodding him to just deliver whatever bad news he had for them. He knew that he was injured badly, but still didn't know how much it was going to affect things in his life...especially dancing. That was his main passion, and didn't want to lose it. Staring down at his injured leg, he knew that this could be the end of his dream.

 

The doctor finally nodded and continued, turning to face the young man's mother more than the patient himself. This only added to Jungkook's irritation. "Jungkook has a shattered kneecap, as well as multiple fractures along his entire left leg. We were able to repair as much as possible with surgery, but the rest is up to his body's ability to heal and also his will to walk again. He might not ever be the same, and could possibly spend the rest of his life in a..."

 

Jungkook glared at the doctor, stopping him from saying the words he never wanted to hear in his life. "You know, you could speak to me like an adult, instead of simply acting like I'm not here or something. I am, and this is my body and future we're talking about! I'm not spending the rest of my life in a ing wheelchair!" The sudden outburst brought tears to the young man's eyes, and he could feel his chest tightening again and he was feeling light headed. "I'll do whatever it takes to walk again. I don't care how much I have to go through to do it."

 

The doctor nodded, sighing again. "Alright. Well, now that we've gotten that out, we can begin thinking about therapy. I certainly don't want him..." He smiled at Jungkook. "You...to spend the rest of your life in a wheelchair, either. That's why I'm going to help you as much as I can, and get you the best therapist I can. We'll get you better."

 

Jungkook's mother glanced at the teen, who nodded silently. "We'll sign up for physical therapy. Like Jungkook said, he's not spending he rest of his life in a wheelchair."

 

Jungkook was lost to the rest of the conversation, thinking about his future, if he was stuck in a wheelchair. As far as he was concerned, those were for old people that had lived full lives, not a teen who was just starting his. Sighing, he reflected back on what he had heard about the accident. No one else had been seriously injured, but Jimin HAD broken his wrist, so he hoped that his friend wouldn't have many problems with it, even though he had been the one driving. This accident wasn't something to blame his for, so Jungkook just took comfort in the fact that everyone else was alright, for the most part.

 

 

 

 

The next day, his therapy started, beginning with stretches that made his feel like he was going to die. The therapist had told him that it would be better for him to keep his leg mobile, since it could lock up and be much more difficult to fix later. If he wanted to walk again, it would take work. He was willing to do it, but that didn't stop it from hurting like hell.

 

On the third day of therapy, he got a text from Taehyung, his best friend. Smiling, he opened it.

 

'Hey. I'm going to stop by the hospital after work and see you. Don't give up, okay? You CAN do this. I promise we will get you back on your feet soon. See you in a bit.'

 

Jungkook's smile widened, glad that his friend was staying strong for him. He didn't have to stop by and see him, but it would be great to see Taehyung again. Thinking about it, he felt his heart beat faster. It seemed to happen whenever he thought about Taehyung, and that was confusing to him. They were just friends...

 

That evening after eating a dinner of disgusting hospital food, Jungkook tried to ignore the pain, and also keep his mind off of the accident, and his future. Even though it seemed to be possible that he would heal completely, he would likely never dance again. That took much more movement than simple everyday tasks, and he was worried. All he could do was work on it and hope for the best. Laying his head down on the pillow, he tried to fall asleep. Sleep was said to be the best medicine, and even if it didn't do much NOW, it would be a welcome escape for his fatigued, worried mind. He would see Taehyung again tomorrow, so that was a bright spot in thoughts. He fell asleep thinking about it, dreaming of his friend.

 

 

 

 

The next day was fill with more therapy and trying to help Jungkook to regain some more mobility in his legs. He hadn't thought it would take as much effort as it was now, but every of his legs brought excruciating pain. The teen focused on the image in his head of the dance room, determined to return to it and dance some day. He didn't care how much pain and therapy he would need to go through to get there, but hoped that it would happen some day.

 

At 4:00 that afternoon, the young man was woken up by a warm hand on his forehead. When he opened his eyes, he saw Taehyung's worried face staring back at him. Jungkook smiled at him, but could feel tears stinging the back of his eyes at the sight of his friend. He hadn't seen him very many times since the accident, and all of his emotions were coming to the surface now.

 

"Hey, there," Taehyung smiled at Jungkook, touching his lightly on the arm. "I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner. I had work, and they wouldn't let me go," the older boy frowned, his priceless -face causing Jungkook to crack a smile. "How are you feeling? Your mom told me what the doctor said, but we'll get you through this. I promise!" He grinned, gaining a silent nod from the younger boy.

 

Jungkook shook his head, sighing. "Maybe. I don't know about dancing ever again, though. The doctor said that I would walk again, but he wasn't sure about dancing or anything else. He said the stress that it would put on my legs might be too much to handle, and I can see his point...especially after today." Swallowing hard, he thought back to the accident, wishing that something had been different. If Jimin had just paid attention better, they might have been able to avoid this entire situation, and he wouldn't be in this hospital bed, but in a dance room, instead.

 

Taehyung sighed, his hopes diminished more than they had been, in the first place. "Jungkookie, even if you don't dance again, you will walk and do everything else you did before. However, for the time that you will be out of the studio and dancing, I'll keep you updated on competitions and stuff. It'll be like you can still be there, and just imagine yourself dancing, you know? It's obviously not the same, but that might give you some encouragement and motivation."

 

Jungkook nodded, smiling again. He knew that his friend was only trying to help, but the more he thought about it, the more hopeless it seemed. "Thank you," he replied softly, motioning to his half-eaten plate of food from earlier. "Are you hungry? There's some bar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter