Lessons

One Shot Dumping Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Infinite + HeySayJump]

Hoya stepped into the school kitchen, lifting his nose and breathing in deeply. It always smelled amazing, and today was the beginning of the cooking class he had been looking forward to all Summer. Now the Fall semester was finally here and he could begin the cooking class. He looked over and saw the dark blue aprons stacked on one of the tables, smiling. Walking over, he searched for his size and tied it on. There was a list on the wall, explaining who would be paired together. He had been paired with a Japanese guy, Ryosuke Yamada, but he didn't see any Japanese guys in the room among all of the Koreans. 


Shrugging, he made his way over to the work station with his number on it, searching the drawer for all of the utensils he would need to cook. His stomach growled as he began looking through all of the tools. He wished he had remembered to eat before he had come to class. Now he would have to wait until his lunch break. 


While he was sharpening one of the knives, he heard a soft voice behind him. "You're taking up more than half of our work station, you know?" Hoya scooted over and turned around, grinning. "I'm sorry! I wasn't taking up all the space on purpose. I was just looking for my tools." He felt his heart skip a beat when he noticed how gorgeous the tiny young man was. "Hi! I'm Hoya," he extended his free hand, forgetting about the knife in his other hand. 
with 


The young man scoffed at him, reaching over and taking the knife from his right hand. "Be careful. You're going to stab someone with that, especially with it being freshly sharpened." Laughing softly, he smiled at Hoya. "Here's your knife back. I'm Ryosuke and I think I'm supposed to be paired with you. Please try not to kill us both in your excitement."


Hoya grinned at him again, nodding. "I'll try not to. So, what would you like to cook first? I don't know how to make very many things, but I guess that's what this class is for, right?" He wanted to smack himself for his failed attempts at flirting. It wasn't very impressive. 


To Hoya's relief, Ryosuke ignored the failed flirting and turned the page of the cookbook. "Um...this recipe looks good, so let's try it, okay? Do you think you could handle turning on the stove without burning either of us?" Ryosuke grinned at him, his eyes mischivous. "If you want to brown the beef, I'll start chopping the vegetables. We can start with stew. Does that sound good?" 


Hoya nodded, pulling a cast iron pan off of the wall and miving toward the refrigerator. "Sounds yummy!" 


The shorter man nodded, pulling a knife out of the block on the station. He began chopping the vegetables, smiling as he glanced over at Hoya's muscular frame. He had a nice view, which was always a bonus. 

 

 

For the next few days, Hoya and Ryosuke worked together, trying out several different recipes. Some turned out well, while others were complete failures. Hoya noticed that every time he messed up, Ryosuke would become irritated. It seemed as if he couldn't do anything right. 


On the fifth day of knowing the young beauty, Hoya went to visit his friends, Myungsoo and Sungjong. He had known them in high school, trusting their opinions. When he arrived, he was met by Myungsoo, who invited him in quietly. "I haven't seen you in a while. What's up?" 

 
"Well, I have this new cooking partner, and I need some advice," Hoya began, but Myungsoo shook his head. 


"If you want advice about some crush, you need to talk to Sungjong. That's his area of expertise," Myungsoo offered him a rare grin, glancing at his watch. "He'll be home in about thirty minutes. I'd love to hear what you're going to ask him, though, so I'll stick around."


Hoya smiled at him, leaning back in the recliner. "Sounds good. I'll wait for him and speak to both of you about it."


"Okay," Myungsoo started talking to him about other things for a while, passing the time. Hoya smiled when he heard the door unlocking, watching as Myungsoo stood up and walked over to greet his boyfriend with a light kiss. The action tugged at Hoya's heart, and he grinned at Sungjong as the tall young man walked into the living room. They seemed to have everything together, and he had to admit to being jealous over their great relationship. 


"I just wanted to let you know that my cooking class is going really well," Hoya said, suddenly changing his mind about advice. He wasn't sure that he wanted to hear anything from them, since he knew that they were so perfect for each other. He felt foolish for going to them, since he might hear something that would point out his flaws. 


Sungjong frowned at him, brushing his hair out of his face and sighing. "Are you sure it's going okay? You seem anxious about something." 


Hoya shook his head, knowing that Sungjong had seen right through his resolve to avoid his problems. "It's going okay. My partner's just a bit difficult, but I can deal with him." He ignored Sungjong's disapproval of his backpedaling. 


"How's he difficult?" Sungjong pressed the subject, despite his friend's hesitance. "What's wrong with him?" 


Hoya laughed nervously, fumbling with his keys. "He's just a bit...evasive. That's all." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter