Fading Time

One Shot Dumping Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[F.CUZ]

 

Yawning and stretching, Kan turned over in his bed, gaining a groan of complaint from his bedmate. Grinning, he poked Yejun on the cheek with his finger, his friend glaring at him in response. Deciding he had bothered Yejun enough, he pushed up on one elbow, peering down at the younger man. "So..." he paused for a moment, feeling his nerves rising. "When do you leave?"

 

Yejun frowned, his dark eyes tired. "Thanks a lot for mentioning that as the first thing thid morning." He sighed, the action turning into a yawn. "We leave tomorrow morning. This time, we're going to the future. This will be my first time there, instead of the past." He smiled as he thought about it, causing Kan to smile, in response. "It's going to be so exciting!"

 

Kan nodded, still smiling at the younger man's excitement. He was so full of energy and adventure. "It sounds cool, but you know that I'm worried. Last time..." Kan sighed, shaking his head. He knew what had happened the last time he had gone on a mission, and was worried that something would happen to Yejun this time. He also knew that he was great at worrying about things, but that was beside the point today. 

 

Yejun tapped him on the nose, causing Kan to pull back. "That was in the past, so there will be fewer butterfly effects. I think it'll be okay. I'll be back soon." The pretty young man half-smiled. "Don't worry so much!" 

 

Kan sighed, shaking his head. He could remember the last time clearly. It was the only mission that he had been in charge of and they had ended up having to change events in history that had ommited events in the future. The ripple from it had ruined his friendship with a close friend, Seunghyun. The other man had lost a family member to the butterfly effect, and he had left the team because of it. Kan still regretted it, but he couldn't go back and change it. His mistake was now an event lost in history, and that had been why he had made the decision to turn down this mission. He didn't want to risk messing up again, this time possibly losing his best friend. He felt guilty enough from the last time.

 

He was pulled out of his grim thoughts by a hand on his cheek. Yejun smiled at him, a look of concern on his handsome features. "Stop." He paused for a moment, bouncing out of the bed and pulling Kan up with him. "Let's go get breakfast and forget about what happened before. This is a new adventure, and we should enjoy this time before I leave." He cocked his head to the side, studying Kan with concern. "You know, there's still room for you, if you want to go with us."

 

Kan smiled at him, shaking his head. "No, I'm good. I'll stay here and monitor while you guys are gone, and see what you come up with. Right now I'm starving, so we should hurry and find somewhere that's still open for breakfast."

 

Yejun unconsiously his lips, smiling. "Yeah, let's do that." 

 

Getting dressed, the two young men left in search of breakfast, stopping at a small diner. Their outing turned into half of the day, shopping and hanging out together, and Kan cherished each moment they had, hoping it wouldn't be their last. That evening, they stopped to get ice cream on their way back, and Kan was surprised when Yejun insisted on staying in the parlor to spend more time together. However, the time flew by too quickly, and before they knew it, night had fallen and it was time for Yejun to make sure his bags were completely packed and ready to go. When they got back to their bedroom, Kan watched Yejun as he packed, wishing he could calm the nerves knotting up in his stomach. 

 

Yejun glanced at him, smirking. "Why are you so worried? I'll be back before you know it!"

 

 

Kan sighed, swallowing hard. "I know. I'm just worried. You know how much I worry about everything, and when it's you going away without me, I get even more worried. It's not that I don't trust you or Jinon...or Daegun. It's just," he grimaced, running his hand through his thick, wavy ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter