Undaunted

One Shot Dumping Ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[VIXX]

 

Hongbin walked out of his bedroom, his grumbling stomach driving him to find food. The day before had been long and he was looking forward to eating something that wasn't fast food or a bagel when rushing out the door. When he entered the kitchen, he saw his roommate, Hyuk, sitting at the table drinking coffee. The younger man smiled at him brightly, motioning to the chair next to him. Hongbin walked over and poured himself a cup of coffee before sitting down. As soon as he did, he heard a loud farting noise.

 

His friend held a finger to his nose, wrinkling it. "Dude, you need to lay off the beans...or maybe it's the milk. You should start..."

 

Hongbin glared at him, pulling the Whoopi cushion out of his seat and throwing it at Hyuk. "Shut up, Sanghyuk. That was a terrible joke to wake up to."

 

Hyuk burst out laughing, smiling. "Well, you didn't actually wake up to it, though I thought about putting it in your bed for you to roll over on. That would've been hilarious!"

 

Hongbin closed his eyes, shaking his head. "I give up, you little . What do we have for breakfast?" He changed the subject, knowing that he would never admit to his friend that he had actually found the joke funny.

 

 

For the next few days, Hongbin noticed that Hyuk would play pranks on him every day and there were times that he wanted to rip the younger man's throat out. However, he also did find them funny...at times. He often wondered why Hyuk would go to the lengths of driving him insane, instead of just talking to him as a normal person. He did that with everyone else, even their friends, Taekwoon and Hakyeon. This brought an idea to his mind, and he acted on it the next time he saw his friend. It might help him to maybe act normal around him and not be mean. He wasn't quite sure why he wanted to go to Hakyeon to achieve his purpose. Hakyeon was mean. He couldn't think of a better idea, though.

 

"Hey, Hyuk. How would you like to go out to eat with Taekwoon and Hakyeon? They're both free tonight, and I know you don't have class, so..."

 

Hyuk cocked his head to the side, smiling. "Sure. I think that would be fun. What time do you want to go?"

 

The taller man nodded, glancing at the clock on the wall. "Um...What about 7:00? I'll ask them."

 

Hyuk looked a bit suspicious about him suddenly wanting to go out with the couple, but grabbed his wallet and began looking through it for cash. He sighed when he found that he only had two dollars. "Um...I'll have to check my account and see how much money I have." Shrugging, he smiled at his friend apologetically.

 

Hongbin rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Hyukkie...You do realize I just got paid, right? I'll pay for you. Don't worry."

 

The younger man thought about the offer for a moment, then nodded. "Okay. Thank you, Hongbin."

 

Hongbin grinned at him. "Duh."

 

Hyuk turned away from him, hiding his smile and flushed cheeks. He found it very hot that his friend would pick up his part of dinner. "I'm going to go change."

 

Hongbin laughed. "Take a shower, while you're at it. You stink!"

 

Hyuk responded by taking his shirt off and throwing it at his friend. The dirty shirt hit him in the face, causing Hongbin to wrinkle his nose, chuckling. He ran upstairs before the other man could respond.

 

 

That evening, they met Taekwoon and Hakyeon for dinner. When they were halfway done, Hyuk noticed that Hakyeon was cracking jokes at Hongbin's expense and it was beginning to get on his nerves. He knew that they had known one another for a long time, and that was part of what bothered him so much. Hongbin didn't seem to react when the other man was blatantly mean to him, but Hyuk was about ready to strangle Hakyeon by the time they were about to go home.

 

He was quiet on the drive back to their apartment, but when they turned off the car, Hyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter