Chapter 8

You and I {Completed}
For weeks,Jiro and Hebe has been riding together in the school bus.Their friendship have developed,that they started calling each other after school.Jiro have also found some new found friends ,who are his classmates.

One Friday afternoon,Jiro called up Hebe.

"Hello,Hebe,this is Jiro."he asid on the line."I wonder if you have freetime for tomorrow,I know that it is your cheerleading practice that day."

"Oh,Jiro ,yeah I have a practice but that will be in the morning until noon." Hebe answered."Why did you ask?"

"I thought,we can start up your Chinese lesson that I promised you."Jiro said."And to tell you the truth,I miss talking in our language,and the sooner you learn the better for me."

"How about your parents?" Hebe asked.

"yeah,but they are very busy,and if ever,they want me to speak English,so I can get rid of my accent." Jiro said."That's what my Dad said.But I don't know,I think that is all BS,you know what I mean."

"I will be free after lunch,so where are we going to meet?" Hebe asked."Or I can go to your house after our practice,but then you just have to feed me." as she laughed.

"You want me to pick you up from the practice?" Jiro asked."I forgot to tell you,I just got my license and now I am a certified driver." sounding so proud and excited.

"Uhmm is it safe?" Hebe said."As long as I don't have to hold on my ears all the way to your house."

"No,I am a very careful driver and I follow the law and regulations." Jiro said."You are safe with me,I can guarantee you that."

"Alright,picked me up from school after twelve?" Hebe said."Call me if you can't come on time,and I hate to be kept waiting."

"Yes Ma'am" Jiro said laughing."I'll keep a note on that.I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Bye,see you tomorrow,Jiro" and with that ,they hang up.

The next day,Hebe waited for Jiro after practice and Jiro arrived at exactly twelve and Hebe's friends did not miss her ride,as Ashley stared at them,and felt a certain jealousy at attention that Hebe was getting from Jiro.And since Jiro is new in school and his good looks ,his name spread like wildfire,and he became one of the most popular guy in school.Everybody is so curious about him,and the fact that he is handsome,intelligent and rich just added to his charm.

"Uhmm,you've got a nice car." Hebe said."A beamer is not bad for a first car."

"Yeah right,I did not even choose this one.It is my parents who picked this one." Jiro said."How about you ,do you drive?'

"Uhmm,I just turned sixteen,another year maybe." Hebe said."But I don't think I can have a nice car as this one.For all I know,I'll probably have an old beaten Toyota or Honda or even Ford or Hyundai."

Jiro laughed with her.And before, Hebe notice,Jiro took the highway.

"Where are you going,this is not the way home?" Hebe asked.

"Relax,I'm not doing anything crazy." Jiro said."You said you want lunch right,so I am taking you to Chinatown as a first day of our lessons."

"Chinatown,that is like an hour away from home." Hebe said."That is in the city,Jiro."

"Yes,I know.Don't tell me you are scared?" Jiro asked.

"No,it is just,I did not told my Mom about our little lesson for I don't want them to worry.They will think that I will be starting to search for my root and my birth parents." Hebe said."I just told them,I have a group study this afternoon.Hope we can go back in the afternoon."

"Yeah,will be home before you know it." Jiro said."I promise.You want to call your Mom now?"

"No,it is alright.She will worry more,if she knows where I am right now." Hebe said.

"They really love you,I am glad to know that." Jiro said.

"Why did you say that?" Hebe said."My parents love me very much,I may not have come from my Mom's womb,but she made me feel like this is where I truly belong and not from any other place.I feel so lucky to have them as my parents."

Jiro just nodded his head as he hold her hand with his other hand."I am sorry,I don't mean to pry on your private life." Jiro said."I just want you to be happy and loved"

"Thank You for your concern,Guess,I am so lucky I have a parents that loves me a lot and a friend that cares for me a lot.I can't ask for anything anymore." Hebe said as she smiled."To tell you the truth,you are the first one who shows real affection for me,first one that one really care for me,aside from my parents."

"Uhmm,now I feel like crying.."Jiro said as he mimicked one and then laughing.Hebe laughed with him too.

They finally arrived in Chinatown,and Hebe liked the bustling crowd of people in the city.Seeing people of her kind,somehow gave her a feeling of belonging.They have hot noodles and Hebe ate in chopsticks with much difficulty as Jiro laughed.Hebe and Jiro browsed from shop to shop.And they have such a good time,that Hebe lost count of the time,not until Jiro point out to her the time as he told her that they have to go.With a heavy heart Hebe conceded,not wanting to worry her Mom.

On the way home,before Jiro start up the car,Jiro gave Hebe a bag,as Hebe looked at him.

"What is this?" Hebe said.

"Something to remember our trip to Chinatown."Jiro said.

Hebe opened the gift bag and there was a tiny box on it as she opened the box and it was a chain with a jade pendant.

"This is beautiful Jiro.I never have one like this." Hebe said.

"Jade suppose to bring good luck to people."Jiro said."I know,you have enough luck in your life and you may never ran out of it.Let me help you put it on."

"Thank you,Jiro." Hebe said as Jiro put it on and gave her a kiss on the cheeks,and Hebe blushed and her heartbeat faster.They stared at each other as Jiro's lips found hers and their lips touch.The kiss was so light and before Hebe can opened her eyes,it was over.

"Hebe,I think,I like you a lot,and I think,I am falling for you" Jiro said.

Hebe was stunned at Jiro's declaration and unable to say anything.Jiro likes her,she does not know what she really feels,she knows she liked him a lot too.But she does not know if she is ready for a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship.

"Jiro,I don't know what to say."Hebe said."This is too sudden."

"I know,it is too soon.I am sorry,I should have not said it."Jiro said.His voice sounded disappointed."Forget,that I even mention it. Don't worry about it." as he started the engine.

Hebe and Jiro was too quiet on the way home.No words was ever uttered until they reached home.

"Goodnight Hebe." Jiro said as he looked at the street ahead of him,not looking at her.Hebe bit her lips and looked at him.

"Thank you Jiro for the trip.I really did enjoyed it."Hebe said."Good night." as she entered the house.She was still in dazed until she reached her room,thinking of the words Jiro just have said....