Somebody to Share

You and I {Completed}
The bus went on his way,as Jiro and Hebe shared their story on the way home.Somehow talking to him ,is like sharing your most feared thoughts and not worrying that you will be crucified for it.It is sure a nice feeling to found somebody and trust that person at such an early stage of their friendship.With Jiro,Hebe felt that she can be herself,her real self and she have nothing to worry about.

Jiro felt also the affinity and the comfortable feeling while talking to Hebe.He never felt this way before,even with Genie.With Genie,he have to live up to his image in school,the popular and one of the coolest student in school.With Hebe ,he felt he does not have to act like one,and he can be really himself.He smiled at her.

Hebe was the first one to leave the bus,as Jiro looked at her going inside their yard and Hebe looking at him.Somehow the warm feeling that she gave him,stayed with him even in their house.Jiro's Mom notice the smile on his face instead of the frown and the scorn on his face.Maybe his first day in school is not that bad,she thought,and she hope it will continue for the rest of the year.

The next morning,Jiro was even whistling as he prepared for school.His Mom just kept quiet but silently smiled to herself.

"So,how is the bus ride?"she asked."It is not that bad,is it?"

"No,it is not that bad." Jiro asked."I have to go,I don't want to be late." as he kissed his Mom goodbye and left.

Jiro reserved the seat next to him for Hebe,and was glad to see her again.Hebe was glad to be seating with Jiro again that morning.

"So,how do you like our school so far?"Hebe asked.

Jiro just smiled."It is not bad,but it can be better."he said."I just missed my old school."

"Did you go to a public school like this back home or to a private school?" Hebe asked.

"I went to a private school."Jiro said.

"Oh I see,me I went to public school all through out.So this people has been mostly my classmates since I was in grade school."Hebe said."I guess you can say that outside this boundary,I don't know much about the world."

"You have never been in Asia at all?" Jiro asked.

Hebe shook her head."I think I was born here,that is what I thought."Hebe said.

"You never ask your parents?" Jiro asked.He was surprised how little she knew of herself and the outside world.

"No,I never ask them,"Hebe answered,and then the hesitancy at first "I am afraid to ask them"

Hebe remembered when she asked her parents about her birth and herself and she saw the pain and the fear in her parents eyes,and she was afraid to ask again.Although,they never gave her a straight answer to her question,she never asked them again.She just knew that she was adopted but who and when and where she never asked,she is afraid to ask.It seems like if they talked about the truth,all of them will get hurt,so they just avoided and ignored the issues.

Jiro looked at her and he took pity on her when he saw the uncertainty and the fear in her eyes."You are afraid to know the truth?"he asked.And Hebe did not answer.He thought of changing the subject.

"Hongkong is a big city,pretty much like New York.There is a lot of people,everywhere you looked around."Jiro said."A lot of good food too.I think the best in the world." as he smiled at her.

"It is where I grew up,but we used to live in Taipei when I was very young.My parents are from Taipei originally and then my Dad got promoted and we moved to Hongkong and then here."as he continued.

"How come you are so fluent in English?"Hebe asked.

"My Dad wanted me to learn languages,since we are exposed to people with different backgrounds.It is part of his job." Jiro said."I missed talking in Canto or Mandarin though."

"I'm sure you missed it."Hebe said."That is nice that you knew Chinese.I wish I can speak it too.I only knew Spanish and French from school and it is not even that good."

"I can teach you if you really want to learn."Jiro said.

"Really,you are going to teach me."Hebe 's eyes growing in excitement."Oh I would really love that."

"Sure ,we will see our schedule first and if we can arrange a time and I can teach you ,but you have to teach me the slang American lingo you got."Jiro said smiling at her.

"Sure,that will be no problem."Hebe said .Then the bus finally reached their destination as it stopped.And both of them went down.

"I'll see you later." Jiro said."On the way back home."

"Yes."Hebe said."What time is your lunch period?"

"Twelve o clock"Jiro answered.

"You want to have lunch with us,with my friends?"Hebe asked.

"No,it is alright,I don't want to be in a way." Jiro said.

"No it is alright,they won't mind,if you join us."Hebe said.

"I'll see,alright."Jiro said.Hebe nodded,as they went their separate way to their class.