08

Just Like You

Words in Blue are in Chinese.

Italic are their thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I got to know a bit more about the others over the next few days. I observed everything from their personality, and the way they do things. Since I already know who they were, I needed to collect information about them.

Xiumin was actually the oldest followed by Luhan and Kris. They, excluding Kris, can be really serious but also very playful. Chen is the mood maker of the group, always trolling around and making up jokes to lighten the mood. He can be serious when he needs too. Tao the youngest may look fierce but is actually a softie inside. Lay, he is quiet, though he doesn’t say much, he actually cares for the others in his own way.

Lastly, Kris. He is really very different from the others as what Chen mention. He doesn’t talk much as well, he doesn’t smile or show any emotions. It somewhat intrigued me, he had this mysterious aura, something I can’t help but be interested. There is something about him that is familiar to me, I feel comfortable when I’m near him.

I still have not found out their roles in the group but from the case a week back, it seemed like Luhan was the leader and they all listen to him. However, sometimes, there are times where Kris and Lay takes over as the person in charge, so there is no confirmation yet at this moment.

Xue hwa was hard. I mean it is hard to take care of her let alone keeping her in my sight when we go out. I never had a client as energetic as her. She practically ran everywhere and if things doesn’t go her way, she starts to whine and that’s the worse. She is older than me but behaves like a 5 year old kid.

‘Her family has spoilt her too much.’

I couldn’t help but think that way. She got everything she wanted. And if it doesn’t go her way, she cries or whine until they give in. She splurges on anything and everything, whether she needs it or not. It was all about what she wants.

She skipped from the kitchen to Luhan’s room. I followed behind her and she budged into his room without knocking.

“Ge! I want to eat ice cream!”

‘There it goes again.’

“Mei, I have work to do. Get Rin to follow you.” he said not lifting his head from the papers. I stood outside his room, not wanting to invade his privacy.

I don’t want. I want you not her!” she said in Chinese which I understood perfectly. Did I forget to mention that my brothers are Chinese? Daeryong and Soryong are twins, born to Chinese parents, who are good friends with my parents. When something happen, my parents took them in and raised them as their own. They taught me Chinese, so I could converse fluently.

Mei. Be nice okay? Make friends with her, she seems nice.

I don’t like her!

Lu Xue Hwa! Can you behave your age for once? You have to understand I have work to do, I cannot be with you all the time. It was your decision to come here without asking me, so now deal with It.” he said sternly and frowned. She looked at him and glared. I bet no one has ever spoke to her in such a harsh way before.

I hate you.” she turned and left the room. He sighed and rubbed his temples. I knew that he didn’t mean it but he has other priorities. As much as he wants to spend time with her, he can’t because of work. He is also torn between work and personal life.

“I’ll bring her out for ice cream.” I told him.

“Thank you.” I smiled slightly before rushing after her. I found her in her room crying her heart out. She has been pampered her whole life, so having someone speak to her in that manner, she would be shocked and upset.

“Are you okay?” I asked her she ignored me and kept crying. “Want to get some ice cream?”

No reply.

“I know a good place with waffles.” I looked at her hoping to catch her attention. But no, she just threw a pillow at me which I dodged.

“Leave me alone!” she screamed. I didn’t budge, I stood there and looked back at her.

“You know, he didn’t mean what he said.” I paused a bit. “He really wants to spend time with you but he cant.”

“What do you know?” she spat.

“Did you see the pile of papers on his desk?” I question her. “He has to finish those by tomorrow. Those were supposed to be done over the past few days but because he was spending time with you, he put it aside to accompany you.” she calmed down a bit, so I took it as a signal to continue.

“He really cares for you a lot but he may be stressed now, pressed against time.” I said softly, thinking of my own brothers at home. I knew that feeling, meeting deadlines, you will get irritated at anything, even if it is just a small thing. “So maybe you can get him some ice cream, to relieve stress.” I suggested and she look at me.

“Okay. But you are going to carry them.” I watched her as she got out of bed and went to change. I sighed softly, it was tough.

It was about 9pm when we came back with the ice creams, and it was really heavy. She got so excited seeing ice cream, she ordered all the flavours and packed home 10 tubs of ice cream, which I carried. I placed the tubs on the kitchen counter and rubbed my arms. I then placed them into the freezer so that they won’t melt while she went straight to her room, claiming that she needs her beauty sleep. I felt like a maid instead of a body guard.

Somehow, I couldn’t wait for this to end.

Slowly and quietly, I made my way to my room and closed the door behind me. I took out the folder and glance through their information. Seating down at the table, I turn on my lap top and open the document. I began adding the information I gathered.

‘All that is left is their positions and who their leader is.’ I stretched my arms and neck. I saved the document and checked the time. It was 12:55AM.

‘It’s time for bed.’

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

It happened again. This is the third time this week.

I woke up soaked in perspiration and I was panting. I felt a throbbing pain on my side and my hand immediately went over holding my side.

I couldn’t understand why I was having this dreams. It felt real, now I could literally feel the pain at the area where I was hurt in the dream. The images from the dream came back, this time I was stabbed. I sat up and took in deep breaths, slowing down my racing heart. I looked at the clock, it was 4:11 AM.

I knew I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep again, I just sat in bed, trying to calm my racing heart also waiting for the pain on my side to subside. Once I had calm down, I got up and went to the toilet and splashed some cold water on my face.

'Why is this happening?' I looked at myself in the mirror, my eyebags were becoming more visble, my skin looked a bit sickly. I really needed to get some sleep. i turned off the tap and went out.

I made my way to the kitchen quietly, pausing whenever I made some noise. I didn’t want to wake them up. I ransacked the kitchen cupboards remembering seeing some hot chocolate mix around.

‘There it is.’ I grabbed the bottle and made myself a cup of hot chocolate. Taking the cup in my hands, I walked to the balcony and unlocked it. A gush of wind welcomed me and I took in the sights of Seoul. I sat on the chair that was outside and took a sip of my drink.

‘How I wish I could call them now.’ I thought of my brothers who are probably sleeping right now. I stared up into the sky, admiring the stars.

‘They get to sleep so peacefully while I’m here awake.’ I sighed and leaned back.

“What are you doing here?” I almost dropped the cup I was holding and turned around to see the one called Lay standing at the door.

“Did I wake you up?” I asked as I stood up. “I’m sorry, I tried to be as quiet as I can.”

“No, I came down for a drink when I realised that someone was in the balcony.” He walked out. “May I?”

“Sure. It’s your house.” I gestured to the seat next to me and he sat down.

“So what are you doing up so early in the morning?”

“I can’t sleep.”

“Can’t sleep?” he turned to me and frown. “Is it the room? We can do some adjustments if-“

“The room is great.” I cut him off, hoping that I didn’t offend him.

“It’s just that-“ I sighed before turning to him. “I have nightmares.” I said with a small smile. He didn’t say anything.

‘He must think I’m a freak.’

“It must be terrible for you not to be able to sleep.” He said softly. I was slightly taken aback by his response.

“It’s okay, I’m used to it.” I looked up at the night sky. “What about you?”

“I have lots of things on my mind.” I looked at him. He looked tired.

“Would you like some hot chocolate?” I raised my cup. “It helps me a bit when I can’t sleep.” I paused. “I hope you don’t mind, I kind of ransacked your kitchen and used your ingredients and cup.”

“Oh don’t worry about it.” he waved his hand. “A cup would be lovely.” He smiled, showing a lovely set of dimples.

“Okay. Give me a minute.” I got up and went to the kitchen and made another cup.

“Here.” I passed him the cup before seating down next to him. “I hope it taste okay to you. I’ve never made it for anyone else except my family.” I watched him as he took a sip.

“It’s nice, thank you.” I smiled. There was silence since, neither of us spoke. We just sat in silence. Surprisingly, it was not awkward. It was pleasant and comfortable.

It was about 6:30 AM when the sun started to rise, the view was amazing. We sat there and watched as the sun slowly peaked out from the tall high rise buildings. The sky turned from dark blue to a lighter shade of bluish purple with a tinge of orange. It was breath taking, I wanted to take a picture of it but realised that I left my phone upstairs.

“I guess, it’s time to get back to work.” Lay stood up and I followed suit. “Thank you for the hot chocolate.” He raised his cup and smiled before heading into the house. I took one more look at the sun rise before going in.

It was the start of a brand new day.

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A boring chapter.