07

Just Like You

Italic are their thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Your POV

“You have been hired.” I looked up at my uncle, pausing what I was working on.

“Your client is a young lady, your job is to protect her from anything. You will need to stay with her for 24 hours.”

“24 hours?” he nodded.

“It seems like her family are really worried about her, she is treated like a princess." I looked at her file, she was really pretty.

‘One of those rich ladies.’

“When do I start?”

“First thing in the morning. You will be staying with her so pack your stuff.”

“For how long?”

“They didn’t specify. So I presume it’s for a while.”

“I understand.” I finished up what I was doing before heading home. A plus point working in W & Co would be that I could go home any time. I could even work from home. W & Co was the organisation founded by my uncle and parents. It is a secret service company disguised as a body guard company. We are usually picky with our clients so when uncle said that I got a job, it means that there is something about the client we need to look into.

I went back and packed my luggage, I didn’t have a lot of clothes in the first place, so I packed several shorts, leggings, training pants and T-shirts.

‘Let’s hope that she will be nice.’

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

‘They must be loaded.’ I sighed and walked into the high rise building.

“Good morning.” I greeted the security guard. “I’m supposed to be meeting the person who is staying at 24-04?”

“24-04?” he repeated.

“Yes.” He nodded and picked up the phone.

“Hello, is this 24-04? Yes, there is a visitor for you.” he looked at me.

“She is-“ he looked at me uncertainly.

“The personal assistant they hired.” He nodded.

“She is the personal assistant you hired.” He nodded and hung up.

“He said to wait here, he will be down shortly.” I thank him and took a seat at a nearby bench.

A while later, a young man walked out. “You must be the bodyguard?” I looked up to meet a guy, who I’ve seen before but I just couldn’t remember.

“Ah, yes.” I stood up and bowed. “Hello my name is Se Rin. You can call me Rin.”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Chen.” He held out his hand and I took it, giving him a firm hand shake.

“Let’s go, I’ll introduce the others.” He saw my luggage and was about to reach for it.

“Oh no, I can manage.” I smiled. He nodded and I followed him. I bowed to the security guard and gave him a smile before following him up.

“Come in.” he gestured and I took off my shoes and went in. I took in my surroundings and it was a big place, very spacious and elegant looking. As I walked into the living room, I saw another 2 guys standing there, dressed in sleeveless shirts and basketball shorts. Behind them was a photo frame with a picture of 12 guys. Next to it was a smaller photo frame, with 6 guys, smiling. Then I remembered who they were.

‘It can’t be, they are M?’

“Hey, erm, just sit here for now. I’ll wake the others up.” the one called Chen said.

“Oh, it’s okay. I can wait until they wake up.”

“Are you the bodyguard?” one of them asked. I nodded slowly. “But you are a girl.” He frowned.

I had to admit, I didn’t like his attitude, so what if I’m a girl? There are lots of ladies out there far more successful than the men. He is underestimating me, I couldn’t say that out since they are my client so I just bowed politely but I was already cursing in my head.

“She’s here?” I turned and looked at the guy with brown hair coming down the stairs, he was dressed in t-shirt and training pants. I immediately stood up and bowed, acknowledging his presence.

“Nice to meet you. I’m the one who hired you.” he shook my hand. “You will be protecting my sister.” He pointed upstairs, I presumed that she is still sleeping.

“I’m Luhan. My sister’s name is Lu Xue Hwa.”

“Nice to meet you, my name is Se Rin. You can call me Rin.” He nodded.

“Rin, this is Xiumin and Tao.” He pointed to the 2 guys standing there. “And I believe you have met Chen.” He waved and smiled. “We prepared a room for you, next to Xue’s room. Please look out for her 24/7.”

“I understand.”

“Hyung.” Tao spoke.

“Why did you hire a girl? Wouldn’t a guy be better?”

“A girl can be with Xue for 24/7, she can accompany her to the toilet and whatever, but a guy can’t. That’s why I hired a female.”

“But she looks weak.” I’m really starting to not like Tao. But I can’t just judge him like that. I mentally told myself to calm down. He was about to say something else when he got cut off.

“Tao.” Xiumin looked at him and he immediately stopped asking questions. Luhan looked back at me.

“I’ll introduce you to the others later once they wake up. Would you like to bring your bags up first?”

“That will be great.” I picked up my bags as Chen led me to the room.

“This is it. The room on your right is Xue’s room. The one on the left is Lay, he is still sleeping. Mine and Xiumin’s is down the hall with Tao. This is the toilet you can use.” He pointed as I took in the information.

“The one opposite yours is Kris. He is a bit different, do treat him well.” I looked at the room opposite mine and can’t help but wonder what kind of person he is, what is so different from him?

“We will be downstairs, you can unpack first. If you need anything, just look for us downstairs.” He smiled.

“Thank you.”

“No problem.” He turned and went down the stairs. I turned and opened the door, entering my new room for the next few days with a flattering heart.

I place my bags next to the bed and before walking around the room. The room was simple. All it had was a bed, a cupboard, a desk and a side table, all the furniture I needed. The walls were painted in shade of pale green, which gave off a cooling feeling.

‘So far so good.’ I smiled and began searching for any devices they may hide in my room. It’s not that I don’t trust them but its protocol and for safety reasons. To my delight, there weren’t any. I went to my bags and began to unpack, putting the clothes I’ll use often in the cupboard, leaving the rest inside the bags in case I’m only needed for a few days.

I took out my phone and called my uncle.

“Hello.”

“Uncle? I’ve reached.”

“Good, how is it so far?”

“I’ve met 4 of them, however the lady is still asleep. I’ll get to meet her later when she wakes up.”

“Wait, 4 people? How many of them are staying there?”

“From what I heard there seems to be 7 people, 6 guys and one girl.”  I reported.  

“6 guys?”

“Yes, the-“ I paused looking around especially at the door before continuing. “It’s them.”

“Who?”

“M.” I whispered. “It seems like I was hired to look after one of their sister. It seems like the tips are true, there are 6 of them.”

“Rin, this is great news. You know what you have to do right?”

“Yes.”

“Update me whenever you can.”

“I understand.”

“Rin?”

“Hmm?”

“Be careful okay?” I smiled

“I will, tell the twins I said hi.” And with that I hung up. I laid down on the bed looking at the ceiling, everything felt foreign. I closed my eyes and sighed.

‘Please let everything go smoothly.’

With my eyes closed for a few minutes, thinking about random stuff. I wonder how they are like. They are the best agents in the best organisation. The founders were the top in their time. They still are and many agents look up to them. My thoughts were cut short by a knock on the door and I immediately sat up.

“Yes?” I called out.

“The others are awake.” I quickly got to my feet and took a look at the mirror at the corner before opening the door.

“Let’s go.”

Downstairs, there sat another 2 guys and a young lady. She was really pretty, she had long brown hair, fair skin and big eyes.

“Rin, this is my sister.” The girl gave me a small bow. “And those 2 over there are Lay and Kris respectively.”

I looked at them, I was especially curious who Kris was. He was really tall, taller than Tao and he had sharp features. I had to say he was really handsome and with light brown hair, it made him look more attractive.

‘Wait, I remember him! The guy at the shopping mall.’ No wonder he looked familiar.

The other guy next to him was shorter, he had black hair and I recognised him immediately. He was the one who stared at me that time outside the club.

‘I hope he doesn’t remember me.’

“Nice to meet you, I’m Rin.”

“Nice to meet you too.” The one named Lay responded without breaking eye contact.

“Now that you have been introduced to all of us, I’ll debrief you and give you a background on Xue.” He gave me a brief background about her.

Lu Xue Hwa. 21 years old

It seems like his family had a bad incident before and one of their cousin, a girl, went missing. Until now, they can’t find her and they presumed that she is gone forever. So they will do anything to protect the youngest in the family which is her. I also found out that they are actually quite loaded.

I mean a rich family, there could be many things that can happen. For example kidnapping. She could be a target, especially when she is a beautiful lady. I took note of things that could be of threat to her, making sure I look out for them.

‘I wonder what happened to the other girl.’

“Please take care of her.” He ended off.

“I’ll do my best.”

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------