038

Just Like You

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

I thought of a plan, I only hope that it would work.

“Are you ready?” she snapped her fingers and their guys came walking out. EXO went into defence mode.

“Ge.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll get you out of here.” Luhan said and Xue cried out from the small room. The 4 young man circled EXO like a pack of wolves, already to pounce on their prey. Just then, one of them lunged at Baekhyun and that marked the start of the ‘game’.

They fought fist with fist. But I saw them falling before my eyes. One by one, they fell. They were in pain. Starship wasn’t human.

They were assassins.

Their job is to kill. They are trained to kill and they won’t stop until they accomplish it. I look around found the control box at a corner and used it to my advantage. I smashed the alarm it with my fist and it sounded throughout the factory.

“What’s that?” they looked around and this brought some time for EXO. They re-grouped and stood their ground. They weren’t leaving without Xue.

“Dasom, go and check.” I worked quickly as I heard that. I could be found soon. I rewired the wires and switched off certain switches. The whole factory turned dark.

“What the hell?” the girls shouted. Then the factory lighted up but it was dim. I redirected the electricity somewhere else. I knew that EXO worked best in the dark, the opposite from Starship. This would give them an advantage.

“Who do we have here?” I turned around and face the one called Dasom. She was really pretty and really fair, vampire fair. “You are not allowed here,” she walked closer to me with her arms folded. “I’m afraid that you have to leave.”

“Oh, I will after I finish this.” I took a step forward and did a reverse hook kick right to her neck. As soon as I hit her, she fell face first onto the ground. She didn’t move. I knocked her out but seeing that she wasn’t moving, I was a bit worried, maybe I put a bit too much strength in the kick. But seeing her chest rise, it put me at ease. I dragged her to one corner and tied her up with a rope I found nearby. She looked really young and I felt bad.

“Sorry about that. I have no choice.” I said before leaving her. I continued on my mission.

Like EXO, I too worked well in the dark. All that training and missions in the dark paid off. I creep closer to the main group. They were still surrounding EXO who had regrouped and is ready for any advances from Starship. First I had to get rid of the ladies near Xue so that I get her. Taking a brick, I threw the brick towards the opposite direction. The sound of it hitting the concrete ground, resonated throughout the factory. Taking another brick, I threw it towards one of the windows and if smashed into pieces.

“Soyu and Hyorin, go check it out.” Bora ordered and the 2 ladies moved off and Xue was alone. At this time, Starship attacked EXO again and the noise level built up. This was my chance, I slipped into the room and ran up to her quietly. I covered and she started screaming and thrashing around in the chair.

“Shhhhhhh. It’s okay, it’s me, Rin.” she stopped moving a little. It’s Se Rin. I’m going to remove my hand, do not scream. I’m going to get you out of here, do you understand?” she nodded quickly and I slowly removed my hand from . I started working on the rope that held her in place.

“W-why?” she asked softly while sobbing. “Why did you come back?” I untied the first knot.

“I don’t have a choice.” I said and undid the second knot. “If I didn’t, Kris would be sad.”

“Kris…..Do you like him?” I stopped what I was doing for a mere 3 seconds before continuing.

“He is my friend. I’m doing him a favour.”

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“Xue, he is my friend. I like him as a friend.” I pulled the rope away quickly. “There are other reasons for me doing this. Now is not the time to ask.” I grabbed her hand and pulled her to one corner. “You need to leave now. It’s not safe here. I’ll make sure the others get out safety. Don’t worry.” I looked at her in the eye.

“Though he may look cold on the outside, he is vulnerable inside. I’m placing him in your care, take good care of him.” I held her hand and moved quickly towards the exit. My heart was aching, I wanted to shout. I couldn’t. Not if this meant his happiness.

“Not so fast.” I pulled her behind me and faced the one who said that. “She won’t be getting away that easily.” My grip on Xue got tighter. “It must be you, the lights, the window and Dasom.” she raised her eyebrows as she walked closer to us. We backed away from here slowly.

“We have met before, you were at the party right? We should make up for the unfinished match.”

“We can do that after she leaves. Then we can have all the time in the world to continue.”

“I’m don’t think so. You see, she is a very important person for my brother.” As soon as she said that, someone from behind pulled Xue away from me. She screamed and I turned around to face No Minwoo. He smirked and held her by the neck.

“She has nothing to do with this.” I said looking at them to and fro.

“Why don’t we go and find out?” He pulled Xue back into the room where EXO is. “Hyung will be here soon.” he smiled.

“Shall we?” she said and reached out to touch my arm. I pulled away immediately.

“I can walk.” She ushered me into the room where they were waiting. I looked at EXO. They were all lying on the ground, bleeding and in pain. They weren’t matched for them. Agents versus assassins. It was not a fair match from the beginning.

She pushed me and I stumbled towards them. Their eyes widen when they saw me and Xue.

“It seems like someone tried to escape.” Minwoo said and pulled Xue by the hair to another chair. This time he made sure that it was not easy to escape.

“Rin.” I refused to turn to him. I refused to look at them again, not when they were all hurt. It pains me to see them like that and just by hearing their voices, my heart is breaking into a million pieces.

“Shall we,” she smiled as she walked opposite me. “Continue our match?”

She circled around me and I just stood still. I know her fighting style by heart, all of them. She wouldn’t attack until she thinks it’s time and when that happens, she will move her right feet to the side. A habit.

“Why not.” I said calmly.

“Rin, no!” Lay coughed in pain.

“We can continue our match, if you let them go.” I looked at her in the eye. “What do you say if we make a deal? If I can defeat all of your guys, you let them go. How about it?”

“RIN!” he hissed in pain, I ignored him and walked towards them. She looked at the boys and back at me.

“We’ll see about that.” I took that chance.

“But before we fight, I want to speak to them for 2 minutes. After that, you can have me all to yourself.” She smiled and gestured me to move. I turn and walked to EXO. I stopped in front of Lay and crouch down.

“Rin, no please don’t do it. You are not their match.” I touched his cheeks and brushed across a cut.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. I’m trained to fight people like them and I’ve been through worse.” I looked at him in the eye. “Take care of yourself, mama and papa. Make sure they eat on time and have enough rest. Sehun and Kai too. Tell them I miss them a lot.” I brushed away a stray tear on his cheeks. I then moved to Kris. I looked at him in the eye.

“Rin-“

Take care of her, make sure that she feels like a princess. Make her smile all the time okay? Stay by her side and don’t let anything happen to her. This is the last time I’m doing this.” His eyes were filled with sadness. I reached out and touched his cheek. “Don’t be sad. Don’t worry. Never give up hope. I will get her out of her. All of you. So don’t be sad....It hurts.” I leaned towards him and stopped by his ear. “Live well and be happy.” I pulled away and walked towards Bora and the boys. It was time to get this over and done with.

“Are you ready?” she smirked and gestured one of them to come forward. He cracked his fist and neck as I got into a stance.

“Don’t do it! Rin!” I blocked out their voices. I am willing to do anything right now, for their safety. Even if it means losing my life.

And so the fight began. One by one, they came out and I fought with them. Was it hard?

Hell yes.

I fought with all I had, dodging, attacking, and hanging in there. Slowly, I managed to take them down. One by one, their agents fell in front of me. By the third one, I was panting as I wiped away the blood from my busted lips.

“My turn.” she walked in front of me and we fought our unfinished match. She lunged at me and I flipped her over onto her back and held her down. I was running out of energy but I didn’t give up. My only focus was getting them out as soon as possible. She kicked me in the stomach and flipped me onto my back, saddling me. She threw punches onto my face and I got dizzy. I grabbed one of her hand and twisted it, she scream in pain and I kicked her off. I got up and stumbled backwards.  The world was spinning. I took deep breaths and tried to regain my composure.

“Behind you!” I turned and Suho came to help. He could barely stand up but he grabbed one of them by the arms and flipped him over the shoulder.

“I got you back.” he said panting as he held the guy down. I looked at him and he nodded. Now I could put all my focus on Bora.

“When she is distracted, get Xue. The person guarding her is one of the strongest but his weakness is darkness. He can’t fight in the dark. Get him out and fight him in the dark. You should be able to defeat him.”

“Stop talking!” she shouted and lunged at me with a knife.

“Go!” they scrambled to their feet, Xiumin helped Chanyeol to his feet while Tao helped Baekhyun. Suho barely managed to stand, Xiumin had to hold his arm.

“We will bring them out first!” the rest nodded and they headed to the exit while Lay, Luhan and Kris went for Xue.

I concentrated on what was in front of me. She swing her knife swiftly and attacked me. I bend backwards and it cut the tips of my hair, doing a backflip, I side kicked her and it sent her backwards. She lifted her head and glared at me. I grabbed a steel pole and used it as my weapon. I walked closer to her, dragging the pole against the concrete floor. She threw her knife at me, I turned to the side, and it cut my arm as it flew past.

“Let’s go!” I heard Luhan shout and I knew that they got her. With that, I had nothing to hold back. Upon seeing them leave the room with Xue, Bora raged. She was angry and she ran after them. Following her, I ran to her side swinging the pole. It hit her square in the stomach and she gasped in pain. Falling onto her knees, she grabbed onto her stomach while coughing and taking in deep breathes.

“Go.” They nodded. I tossed them my outer wear to cover Xue as we ran for the exit, they were in front of me. Kris was holding onto Xue tightly and Luhan was by her side. Lay was right behind them. There was a slight distance between me and them, I tried to catch up with them.

“Oh no you don’t.” An arm wrapping around me from the back and my body jerked forward. I elbowed the person behind me and did a reverse hook kick, knocking him down. I panted heavily, I was tired and dizzy. Looking down my white tank top stained red on the left side of my abdomen.

“I can’t believe you guys got the wrong girl.” He laughed. He placed his hand on his head and closed his eyes. Opening his eyes, the guy looked at me. “Do you remember me?” I looked at him closely and suddenly images appeared, flashing pass my eyes. I could recognised him now, Kim Donghyun.

“Let them go.” I said calmly. He shook his head.

“The girl, yes. But him no.” he walked closer to me and I stood in front of him. “WHY? Every life, I try so hard to win you but you ALWAYS choose him. HIM!”

“Why can’t it be me? Huh? WHY?” he pointed to himself. “Why do all this for him? Your pretty face is ruin.” He gazed at me and he touched my cheek.

“Ask your subordinates. That did this.” I said coldly.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t want to hurt you. They got the wrong person. I just wanted to meet you.”

“You have met me. Now can I leave?” his expression changed.

“Do you want to leave that badly?” his voice went lower, almost like he was threatening me. I didn’t reply and stared back at him.

“I’m not the same person this time.” He ran his hands through his hair and shouted in frustration. He kicked the nearby barrels and they tumbled onto the floor.

“WHY WHY WHY!” he had tears in his eyes. He looked at me. The look in his eyes changed. “If I can’t have you, NO ONE WILL.” He lifted his hand and in it was a remote. “Now we can be together forever.” I knew what it was. And judging by the number of explosives they placed around the area, it will be a big show.

“If you want me, you can have me. Just let them go.”

“Them? It’s always because of him!”

“No, this time it not because of him.” I said and took a step backwards. His subordinates were waking up one by one and now they were standing behind him. It was 10 against 1. “It’s to save the trouble.” He let out a laugh before staring back at me.

“I will not let you slip past me again. Not this time.” he snapped his finger and the 2 ladies appeared from the side and closed the doors slowly.

“Rin!” Lay shouted as he looked back. I looked at his worried expression from the opening. They were already quite far away from where I am, inside felt relieve. Next to him I saw her, she was standing there.

“Qian.” I turned and walked towards the exit. Tears filled my eyes immediately, I missed her company so much. I was pulled back and she called out.

“Rin!”

I was being held back, I couldn’t do anything. I watched as the door close slowly, the gap between got smaller and smaller. They wouldn’t be able to hear me from here. Looked at Kris, he happened to look at me too. He was still holding onto Xue, his worried expression pained me. There is nothing left to do now. I raised my right hand that is clenched into a fist, my thumb rested on top and placed it on my chest. Slowly, I rubbed in a circular movement. Tears blurred my vision. She shook her head and moved forward. People dressed in black prevented her from coming any closer. I looked at Lay, all the good memories came back and my lips twitched up for the first time in weeks. I smiled at him as the gap got smaller, I could barely see him.

“I’m sorry, Xing Xing.”  And the door closed shut. I closed my eyes and my emotions were overwhelming. Anger, frustration, sadness, fatigue, relief and pain. It hit me all at once. Looking back at them, I made up my mind. I knew that I might not get out of here alive. This maybe it. I shifted my weight and changed stance. Since I’m stuck here, I might as well make use of it.

“May the best man win.”


 

Song Qian’s POV:

“Sorry you are not allowed inside this area.” 2 guys blocked me. I pushed them with all my might only to be pushed backwards. Amber caught hold and held me steady as I got back my footing.

“I need to go in!” he didn’t budge at all.

“Jie jie?” I looked up and saw Tao. He looked really shocked to see me. “Jie, is that really you? When did you wake up? What are you doing here?” seeing that I knew the members, he moved sideways and I walked or struggled to walk inside. Being in a coma for 1 year plus didn’t help my muscles at all. They were stiff and it will take me time to be able to walk normally.

“Jie?” I walked up to him.

“Rin, where is she?”

“Why are you looking for her?”

“JUST ANSWER MY QUESTION!” I yelled and everyone looked at me. I was really worried and frantic. What if I was too late? Chen came out of the van and he looked at me.

“She is still inside.” he pointed to the factory and looked pale. I knew that he too was worried. He did care for Rin back then. He took care of her from behind the scenes.

“They are coming out now!” Kai said and everyone whipped their head in their direction. Luhan, Kris, Xue and Lay came out. Kris was supporting Xue by the waist. They didn’t seem to be injured that badly. They ran over but she wasn’t with them.

“Jie!” Lay exclaimed in shock but I grabbed him by the collar. I being here was not top of my priority.

“Where is she? Where is Rin?” I looked into his eyes. My hands shook in fear. What if the worse has happen? I was supposed to prevent it from happening.

“She is just behind us….” He turned around only to find her not with them. “Where is she?” he looked around and back at the factory. There she stood in her white tank top, it was stained red on the left side.

“Rin!” he shouted. She walked towards us only to be held back. The doors of the factory began to close and I panicked.

“RIN!” I took a step forward as I watch her tear up. No, this can’t be happening. I shook my head and walked forward. I couldn’t let history repeat all over again. I couldn’t let her be alone. I couldn’t let her die.

She lifted her fist to her chest before rotating it clockwise. Tears spilled and I cried out.

“No.” I moved forward. “No, no no no!” she was crying. She looked back at us and she smiled for the first time after losing her emotion. A smile of relief and sadness. She mouthed something and the doors shut close.

“NO!” I shouted and lunged forward only to be held back again.

“Let go of me! I can’t leave her alone! She is in danger!” I cried out.

“Jie.”

“Do something!” I turned to face them with a tear stained face. “You are the best agents! You have to get her out!” I turned to Lay and held his hand. “Yixing, please. If you don’t do something, you will regret it for the rest of your life.” I begged him. “She is someone very important to you. Yixing please you-“

Bang.

Everyone turned to the factory. My heart sank and an unpleasant feeling filled me. I was scared. I didn’t want the worse to happen.

Bang.

“PLEASE HELP HER!” I looked at them. Their agents were already moving doing something.

Bang. Bang. Bang. More gun shots could be heard.

“SHE IS YOUR SISTER!” he looked at me with wide eyes. “She is alive! Now she is inside that factory!” his face paled.

“W-what did you j-just say?” I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before looking at him again. My voice shook as I spoke.

“She is your biological sister. You’re long lost sister.” My voice broke at the end. “Your one and only little sister. You little princess.” He shook his head slowly and tear up.

“No, I-it can’t be.” He whispered. He stumbled backwards and he lost all energy in his legs, Chen supported him from behind.

“It can’t be…..how can it be?” tears automatically fell when I mentioned his sister. I took out a picture of them when they were young and handed it to him. He held it in his hands and traced her smiling face.

“That is Rin.” Kai said softly. “She looked like that when she was young. Exactly the same as that picture. She has a birthmark on her lower back, a fl-”

“A flower. To be exact, a rose.” Chen said and he cried out loud, clenching the picture to his chest. He wailed sadly and my heart hurt.

“I-I d-didn’t know. She was so near me!” he hit his chest. I knew the guilt he carried. Watching his sister get taken away before him was a memory that he would never forget. “No wonder we could talk so well. I felt so comfortable with her. We like the same things. We had this connection. She was my sister all along.” Lay exclaimed. “I’ve let her get taken away from me again.”

“Stupid. Stupid stupid STUPID!” he continued to hit himself on the head and chest. Xiumin had to grab his hand to stop him.

“She will be okay.” Xiumin hugged him and he cried harder. “I’m sorry.”

“She is inside waiting for me. We have to get her out.” he said as he struggled to stand up.

Bang bang.

“Mei!” he gasped and moved forward. He couldn’t stand properly, let alone walk. He fell onto the gravelled road. He struggled to get up onto his feet.

“Mei mei!”

Bang.

“NOOOO!” he shouted and cried harder. I cried along with him. I failed to protect her again. He has to go through the pain of losing her all over again.

“!” Chen cursed. He too was crying. “She promise to get everyone out, she did. Everyone but herself. Did she intended for this to happen? FOR HER TO BE LEFT BEHIND! ” He shouted and clenched his fist tightly.

“Is that why she said all those things to me?” Kris asked softly as a tear rolled down his face. “Those words she said back inside asking us to take care ourselves. She knew that she wouldn’t come out with us?” more tears rolled down his face.

“Kris.” he pulled away from Xue rather harshly. She stood there stunned by his reaction.

“What is this huh?” he laughed as he cried. “Why am I crying? Why does it hurt so much?” he ran his hand through his hair as tears fell uncontrollably. He didn’t know what was happening to him. Rin was the cause. He could feel the connection between both of them. What Rin is feeling right now, he too could feel it. The immense sadness and hurt. Lay was crying really hard. Having to see his sister disappear again right in front of his eyes was too much for him to handle. This time, she might not make it out alive.

‘Please, I beg you,’ I looked up at the sky. ‘Please let her be okay! I’ll do anything for her to return to us safe and sound.’ I prayed with whatever little hope I had left.

Suddenly there was a loud sound and the door began to open. Everyone focus was there. A bloodied hand reached out before grabbing the sides of the door.

“Rin!” I cried out and walked towards her. She leaned onto the side of the door, catching her breath. She once white top was now stained blood red. There were long gashes on her arms and body. There were gun and a stab wounds. She looked up and her face was full of cuts, blood flowed down her forehead. Her right eye was swollen and it was bleeding. She couldn’t even open it. Her hair was messy and it stuck to her face and neck. Her hand was clasping onto something, a black object. She took a step forward.

She struggled to walk. She staggered and stumbled, taking small steps.

“Rin.” I walked towards her slowly. But I couldn’t get far. The wind blew strongly and she opened .

‘Yi Fan.’ More tears sprouted in my eyes. The wind passed the message that she wanted to say. The name of the person she loved. She panted while grasping onto her side which was bleeding profusely.

“Princess.” Lay called out. She looked at him through her barely opened eyes and her lips twitched upwards. She smiled hearing her nickname.

Bang.

She jerked forward and everything was slow motion. My eyes widen as fear enveloped me. She was shot through the chest.

“YI NING!” He shouted. She stumbled forward, her eyes drooped and she reached out. Blood flowed out from . Before we could reach her, someone appeared out of nowhere, dressed in all black ran up to her side just as she fell and held her up. I didn’t know who they were, I looked back at EXO as they called out to her. The black clothed person wasn’t from their company. The person held her as she struggled to keep awake.

She must have lost strength in her arm, the black object she held in her hand fell. Just as it touched the ground, the whole factory exploded. We were sent flying back from the impact and the heat. My worst fears came true. Looking up, she wasn’t there anymore. She was the closest to the explosion.

Lay yelled in despair as he fell to his knees. He cried his heart out, it was painful. He wasn’t the only one. There was another person who was crying because he just lost an important person. The person who made him who he is right now. The person who loved him endlessly. I closed my eyes when I heard him shouted.

“ZHANG YI NING!”

She was gone.


 

Someone POV:

I saw the explosion and I was really worried that we wouldn’t reach her in time. I saw a figure coming towards the car and I opened the door. He carried her in his arms. He too was bleeding, from being near the explosion.

I shifted my positions as he lifted her lifeless body into the van, placing her on my lap. My heart broke at the sight in front of me, I saw how badly injured she was. She had cuts, bruises and gun wounds everywhere. She had burns from the explosion, I quickly took out some bandages and place them on her. Out of all the injuries she had, the one that caught my attention was the gun wound that was at her heart. I quickly tried to find her pulse. It was barely beating but I was sure that there was one.

“Quickly to the nearest hospital.” We drove off as fast as possible. I took whatever we had and tried to stop the bleeding.

“Oppa, are you okay?” he suffered burns on his arms, it was bleeding.

“I’ll survive.” He smiled

“Thank you.” I said as I cried softly. “For helping.” Holding her hand tightly, I spoke to her.

“Rin, I don’t know if you can hear me but I need you to stay with me. I’m breaking our promise but you have to keep yours. You promised me and Byunghun that you will be okay. You have to keep that promise.” I wiped my tears away. I could only hope for the best.

“You have to survive.”



 

``````~~~~~``````

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

THE END.

I want to thank every one of you who took the time to read my story, comment and subscribe to it. I really enjoy reading your comments and it makes me happy. The ending of the story was harder to write. I couldn't think of anything so therefore the really late update. Originally I wanted it to be a happy ending too but as I wrote the story, it changed and this is the result of it. Every story has a life on their own, so I just went with the flow.

Are there any parts that you guys don't understand? I'm still working on my description and all. If you would like me to explain certain parts, I would gladly do that. Just comment below and I'll make another post if needed. ( Update: I already did up a note, do check it out if you need some answers, just click Next)

Once again, I want to thank everyone for reading. Though I'll be busy with with school and all, I'm tight on time, I do have a few other stories planned out. They are still work in progress or in draft status. I will post a new story once I get it done up.

❤ ♡ ❤ ♡ ❤ ♡