020

Just Like You

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

Kris POV:

Everyone was having fun, playing in the water or just chatting. It was a long time since we were given a long break. I took a sip of my cold drink as I watched Sehun and Luhan splashing water on each other. I couldn’t help but think that both of them had the same level of mentality. Though they both had an of 4 years, Luhan could pass off as someone Sehun’s age. They just clicked together, remembering the time they first met. My gaze drifted to the lone person sitting on the sun chair. She smiled at the members but she wasn’t in the water. I watched as Lay approached her, and looking at her gestures, she didn’t want to swim. She lifted her left arm up showing the bandages reminded me of the accident a few days ago.

I didn’t know how to react. I mean, she didn’t even tell us and it was an important day. I didn’t expect her to actually cut herself, not just once but multiple times and let it bleed. She wasn’t that sort of person. It gave me another perspective of her, though she may seem strong on the outside, she was also fragile on the inside. Seeing that sight of her made me regret talking to her like that, twice. Once was about the guy and another was about her sleeping with Jongin.

She looked kind of sad. The more I watched her, I sensed that something was not right as she rubbed her temples.

‘Headaches?’

She stood up and headed back into the house. She walked slowly and carefully, avoiding the water puddles on the floor, behind her was Xue. From the look on Xue’s face I knew it was not good and began to walk over at a fast pace. I was not fast enough. Xue pulled her back and pushed her into the water with a big splash as she stood there with a proud look. I looked in the water and she was struggling.

‘She can’t swim?’ I was about to jump in when someone beat me to it. I watched as he grabbed her and pulled her to the surface. She broke into coughs and he brushed her hair away from her face which was really pale. She probably didn’t expect that. He helped her up and Kai came running towards her, helping her out and hugging her immediately. He whispered something and she tensed up. Kai’s face showed that he regretted mentioning it and comforted her. Lay got out of the pool and stood next to her, making sure that she was alright. Everyone crowded around her, mostly the K members and surprisingly Chen and Xiumin. A sudden movement at the corner caught my eye.

Xue.

She stomped her foot and her face was scrunched up in a frown. She was angry. She had always been an attention seeking child, she grew up in an environment where her family shower with love and gives, giving her all the attention. So now, there was no doubt that she was jealous of Rin. She must have thought that by pushing Rin into the water, she will get more attention but what she got was the opposite.

Jongin helped her up and brought her into the house. Lay went to grab a nearby towel and dried himself, his expression was a straight one. He dried up quickly and threw the towel onto the chair, the sound of it hitting the chair was loud. He was angry, who wouldn’t be?

“You shouldn’t have done that.” He said through his teeth as he glared at Xue. “We didn’t teach you to be like that.”

“It was just a push.” She said as a matter of fact, like she did no wrong.

“She could have drowned!” he raised his voice and she jumped at the sudden raise in volume. It was really rare to see him angry. Out of all the time I have known him, I’ve only seen him explode less than 10 times. I walked over to him and place my hand on his shoulder.

“Go, see if she is okay. We will take care of this.” He looked at me and I nodded. I too, wanted to go upstairs to see if she was alright. But after the things I’ve done to her, I haven't had time to apologise to her properly. I didn’t have the right to see her, yet. That was what I thought. He glared at her one more time before running into the house. “You were in the wrong.” I spoke as the others remained in their positions.

“It’s her fault.”

“How is it her fault when you pushed her into the water?” I looked down at her, one of the things I loved about my height, I could make the other party feel intimidated.

“She was getting all the attention.” She mumbled but we caught it

“For your information.” Chanyeol spoke up. “She was sitting there ALONE.” He emphasised on the last word. “She didn’t talk to anyone, besides hyung went to ask why she wasn’t joining us in the pool.”

“Plus she is injured. I don’t think it was a good idea for her to be in the water with the bandage.” Baekhyun backed him up.

“So?” she raised her eyebrows. I saw a few of them clenching their fist, and biting their lips back from bursting out in anger. She was still Luhan’s sister.

“That doesn’t give you the right to push her.” I said loudly.

“What do you care? Nothing happen she is okay. Let’s just go and play, she ruin the fun.” She grabbed my arm and I pulled away immediately, making her stumble.

“Don’t you dare touch me! Unless you learn to be a better person and behave more ladylike and not a brat, I suggest you to not bother me.” I hissed and glared at her. Her lips quivered and tears gathered.

“Luhan, you better teach her some manners or I won’t allow her to stay in our house anymore. Even though you are my brother and she is your sister, I still expect everyone in the house to know their place and have RESPECT for one another.”

He looked at the ground and sighed before taking Xue’s hand, leading her out of the backyard. When she turned around, I caught a glimpse of her back, there was a marking on her lower back, a flower. I shook the thought off and turn back to the house where most of them have already gathered.

What a way to ruin the fun.

 

We all didn’t have the mood to play around after that and we just did our own things. They either went to cook, lazy around the couch watching TV or just head back to their own respective rooms, me being one of them.

“What’s tha-“

“Her birth mark. Unique isn’t it?” I paused outside her room and heard what Jongin said.

‘Birthmark?’

“Yeah, I’ve never seen one anything like this before. It’s pretty.” Sehun’s voice could be heard from outside as well. They were both in her room which was something I expected. They were best friends and they stuck to each other no matter what. My hand reached out for the door knob. I wanted to know if she was all right and to apologise. I pulled away before I touched the knob and turned away. Maybe it isn’t the right time.

‘She wouldn’t want to see me.’ I walked to my room which was next to theirs and changed into dry clothes before lying down. So many things had happen the past week, some made me guilty while others made me angry.

Anger.

I never felt anger before. I was cursed. But since that day I burst out, shouting at her, there was a strange feeling. It was like I could feel angry or at least that’s what I think it was. I didn’t know at first, but after thinking back, I couldn’t believe it. I have seen the members explode before and sometimes ask them how they felt when they were angry. Their description matched what I felt.

It was confirmed. What I felt was anger.

This is the first time I actually felt something, I couldn’t explain what I felt. The feeling was something foreign to me but it made me feel something. It made me feel alive.

Placing my arm behind my head, I closed my eyes hoping to catch some rest while I can.

 

I was drawing something on someone’s lower back. Her black hair was pushed to the side exposing her neck. She wore a pants, something that looked like jeans. Her top was off and she was lying on her tummy. She hum to a song with her lovely voice. It was calming and really nice. I pulled back my brush and took a look at my masterpiece. I drew a flower.

“What did you draw?” She asked.

“A flower.”

“What kind?” I didn’t say anything and kept quiet.

“That’s for me to know and for you to find out.” She sat up and turned her head towards me and shot me a small glare before pouting. I smiled at her cuteness.

“At least give me a hint.”

“It symbolize hope, new beginnings.” She turned around as I place my brush down. “And an undying love.” I looked at her. “Just like how I love you. This lifetime or the next, I only want to love you.” she smiled as her hair fell, framing her face, she was holding her top in front.

“I love you too. This life or next, I want to be with you only.” I couldn’t see her face, it was blur but it was getting clearer. Her voice was familiar but I couldn’t think of who.

I leaned forward and our lips touched. Her lips against mine, her soft and warm lips. I tilted so I could have better access to her lips. My hand creep to her back and pulled her closer to me. I loved the feeling of her lips between mine and having her in my arms was pure bliss.

She pulled away and smiled at me. I caressed her face and she lean in, resting her head on my chest.

“I love you.” I looked down at her and I could almost see her face and everything faded out.

The scene changed and she stood in front of me, cooking. Her back was towards me, humming a happy tune. Her top exposed her back slightly as it gathered at the area where the apron was tied at. Then I saw a mark, on her lower back. I creep behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, earning a gasp from her.

“It smells nice.” I said as she leaned back on me and a smile appeared on my face.

“Good morning.” She said and turned her head a bit to see me. “Breakfast will be done soon.”

“I could wake up to this every day.” She smiled and I pinched her nose.

“What that on your back?” I touched the spot where there was a marking.

“Oh that? It’s my birthmark. It’s a flower.” She tip toed and kissed me lightly on my lips before going back to cook. I kissed her temple, enjoying her scent and then everything faded away.

 

I looked up at the ceiling, my hand went straight to my lips, and it was tingly as if I just kissed someone. My hands, they felt warm as if I just held her in my arms. My dreams are getting more and more real. I sat up and looked at my hands, her skin was smooth. I knew that I was supposed to find someone, someone who can stop this curse and set me free.

That girl. The door opened and Lay came in. he sat on the chair nearby and sighed.

“How is she?”

“In shock. She just needs rest. I’ll check on her again later when she wakes up.” I nodded and rested my head in my hands.

“You okay?” I looked up. “You seem stressed.”

“No.” I said softly. “Been having dreams.”

“The same ones?” I nodded. Out of all of them, the only one who knows about me having dreams was Lay. He didn’t tell anyone and it’s a secret between us.

“I think I need to find her.” I turned to him. “My dreams are getting more and more real but I still can’t see her face.”

“Then how are you going to find her?” I thought about it. I had no clues, only the curse. “The curse. I told you about it before, do you still remember it?”

“Yes.”

“I need to find someone. She is the only one who can help me get rid of the curse. She is the only one who can set me free. I think my dreams are linked to it. The only clue I seem to have is that she has a marking on her back.”

“How do you know if she is the one?”

“It is said, that once I meet her, I will start to feel.” I paused. “I will gain emotions.” he didn’t speak at all.

“You must have met her already.” He whispered. “You were angry the past week.” What he said then hit me. He was right. I could get angry now.

Have I met her? Where is she? Is she someone near me?

“The only girls that were near you the past week are Xue and-“ he trailed off.

“Rin.”

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

Your POV:

I stayed in my room for the rest of the day. Lay came over and checked on me making sure I was fine. Now, it is past 2 in the morning and I couldn’t sleep. I climbed out of bed and made my way out, slowly and carefully, making sure I didn’t make any sound. Good thing Jongin and Sehun were sleeping like rocks from playing too much earlier. Once I was clear, I made my way to the kitchen for a glass of water. Taking the cup with me, I went to the backyard and sat on the swing.

“Could you continue from where you left off?” I asked, sensing her presence. The swing then swayed a bit as she sat down.

“Your name is Ning. Yi ning.” It was the name I heard in my dreams so often. “Your age is the same, 20 years old. You were born in 1994 to your parents.”

“Yi Ning.” I said out. It had a nice ring and rolled off my tongue easily.

“Your brother named you. He was so happy that he had someone to play with and came up with your name which your parents agreed.” It made me smile a bit, at the thought of my family, my real family.

“There is another thing I think you should know.” I turned to her. “There is something you need to do.”

“What is it?”

“You need to find someone, the guy you have been dreaming off. I know it sounds absurd but you need to, in order to stop the curse.”

“Curse?” she nodded.

“He has to gain emotions. He has been living without emotions at all and in other for the curse to end, you have to be together with him. You need to make him fall for you like how he did in your past lives.”

“Why?”

“Because if he doesn’t fall for you but another lady, you will lose your emotions. Slowly one by one it will disappear and you will be just like him. Emotionless. Then-“ she paused and took in a breath. “You will die.”

I will die? I felt as if someone hit me in the guts so hard, I couldn’t breathe. I’m going to die? Wait, why does it sound so familiar?

“But I already can’t-“

“I know, that’s why you have to hurry.”

“How do I-no, where is he?”

“He is nearer than you think.”

“Qian, stop with these hints. You said that my brother was near and now he is near as well? It’s not helping.”

“I’m sorry, I am only supposed to guide you. You are a smart girl, I’m sure, no, I know that you will find him.” with that she disappeared, leaving me alone in the backyard.

‘He is closer than I think? They are close to me?’ I placed the cup on the swing as I stood up, I paced around, racking my brains. I bit on my thumb as I paced, a habit when I’m thinking hard.

“The only people I’m close now is EXO.” I whispered the last word. My brother is in this group of guys, and so is the person I’m supposed to help. Both of them are here. I already lost one emotion, along with other related emotions.

Anger, Frustrations, anything that makes you heated up. They were gone. To add on to the list, I couldn’t feel.

“I have to find out, which one of them is related to me and who he is.” I said as I walked back into the house. For this, I needed to do something, something I didn’t want to do because they are my friends. But in order to find them, I had to. It was the only way. I wanted to find my family.

 

``````~~~~~``````


 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any guesses for her brother or the 'Guy' ? I think it's quite obvious.......

Thanks for subscribing and reading.