012

Just Like You

Words in Blue are in chinese.

Italic are their thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV:

I woke up with a slightly sore neck and back. I groaned as I stretched my arms and legs, looking around. I was at the balcony.

‘I fell asleep.’ I looked down and found a blanket on me. I picked it up and noticed that someone was next to me. I turned and found Kris sleeping soundly on the next chair.

‘He brought me a blanket?’ his arms were wrapped around his body as he snuggled towards the chair. I stood up tried to wake him up.

“Kris?” I gently patted his shoulder, no response. “Kris?” I shook his shoulder a bit harder but there was no reaction. I decided that he should rest and placed the blanket over him.

“Thank you.” I smiled. Suddenly the doorbell rang, startling me. I looked down at my phone, it was early in the morning, 8am.

‘Who can that be? It’s so early.’ Worried that they others will wake up especially Xue, I quickly went to the intercom and asked who it is. I got a surprise that there were guys standing outside.

“Faster open the door. I need the toilet.” One guy hollered.

“Who are you?” They quietened down.

“Wait, are we at the right house?” They looked at the door number. “It’s the right house b-“

“But why is there a girl’s voice?” Another one finished his sentence.

“Whoever you are, can you just please open the door? I can’t hold it in anymore.”

“We live here.” Another one added on. I sighed and pressed the button, opening the door. I quickly walked to the entrance, just in case. The door burst open and in came a tall guy rushing towards the toilet. Seeing that he knows his way around, I relaxed a bit. I looked towards the door and in came another 5 boys. They all looked at me and I gave them a small bow.

‘This is awkward.’

“Erm, they are still sleeping.” I said trying to break the silence.

“Really? They are usually awake by now.” The one with big eyes said. I shrugged, not knowing why they aren’t up now.

“Who are you?” they all looked at me, including the guy who just came out of the toilet. It seem like they didn’t know about Xue, let alone me being in their friends house.

“I’ll leave it to the others to explain. I don’t think I have the right to say anything from now. But I can assure you, I not someone suspicious.”

“Okay. You must have your reasons.” I looked at all 6 of them, I looked back to the picture. Then it clicked.

‘They are the other group, M’s brother group, K.’

The other group that is related to M, together, they are the most powerful group of agents.

12 guys.

2 groups.

They call themselves EXO.

Together, they are one of the higher ranking agents in the industry. There were rumours saying that they are ruthless and they don’t talk much. I was definitely taken aback at their noise levels. You could compare them to a group of schoolkids. They behaved differently from what people said about them. I guess you can’t believe everything you hear.

“I’m hungry.” One of them blurted out. “Kyungsoo, make me breakfast.”

“Why should I?”

“Please.” He pouted. I bit back a smile, he looked really cute.

“There isn’t much food in the kitchen. I’ll whip up something simple.” I said as I walked into the kitchen. They all look at me.

“What? I can’t let you people starve because they aren’t awake yet right? I mean you are guest.” I opened the fridge and looked for ingredients whatever ingredients I could find and prepared something simple. After a while, I placed a pot of kimchi chige in the middle of the table, they gathered around.

“Take a seat and eat. I hope you like it.” I moved backwards as they picked up their spoons, digging in.

“This is the best kimchi chige I have ever eaten!” they looked at me and smiled as I watched them chomp down the food.

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

“Something smells good.” Chen walked into the kitchen with his bed hair, eyes half closed.

“Good morning to you too.” One of them said.

“Good mor- what are you guys doing here? Who let you in?” he opened his eyes so wide, his eye balls could drop out. They all pointed to me, I gave him a small smile.

“They said your friends and he,” I pointed to the tallest one in that group. “Was in need of the toilet.” The others burst out laughing and the guy’s face redden.

“It was nature’s call.”

“What are you all eating?”

“The best kimchi chige ever. This lady cooked it.” Chen looked at me.

“Would you like some? I saved some for you guys.”

“It’s fine, I’m not hungry now.” I felt a bit disappointed but didn’t say anything.

“Great that means more for us.” The other 6 cheered and took more servings until it was all gone.

“That was the best meal ever.” The tall one patted his stomach, showing that he was satisfied with his breakfast. Just then, Kris came in from the balcony, rubbing his neck. He must have woken up from all the noise they were making.

“Hyung, why are you coming from the balcony?” he just looked at them and walked towards the kitchen.

“What are you guys doing here?” Luhan and the others made their way down the stairs, all with bed hair.

“Visiting you. How can you treat guest like this, making us wait. At least this lady here was decent enough to whip us a meal.”  He looked at me and gave a small glare, I immediately looked away.

“Hyung, who is she?” one of them pointed at Xue Hwa who was coming down the stairs.

“Ge, why is it so noisy? I want to sleep.” She began to whine, the others just stared as Luhan tried to calm her down.

“We need explanations.” One of the tapped his foot after realising that there are 2 ladies staying in their house. The others listen to him, even though they ‘ignore’ me most of the time.

‘He must be the leader of K.’

“This is Xue Hwa, my younger sister.” He nudged her and she bowed. “She apparently ran away from home just to see me.”

“Then who is that?” he looked at me.

“She is the bodyguard I hired for my sister.”

“Hello, my name is Se Rin. Nice to meet you.” I bowed. He walked towards me.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Joonmyeon but they call me Suho.” I shook his hand. One by one they introduced themselves.

“I’m Baekhyun.” He waved cutely.

“Kyungsoo, they call me D.O.”

“I’m Chanyeol.” They tallest one said and shoot me a huge smile.

“Sehun.” He nodded.

“Kai.” I looked at him and he reminded me of someone.

“So you all ate already?” they all nodded and went off to mingle around themselves. It seem like they haven’t met each other in a while. Probably due to work.

I watched as Chen went to Baekhyun and Chanyeol, Luhan went to Sehun, Lay went to D.O who was with Kai. Tao went to Suho and Xiumin and Kris just stood where they were. Even Xue Hwa getting attention from them like she always gets. She is a beautiful young lady, very attractive and she was family, I was just a stranger.

I felt a bit left out and a bit jealous. I always wanted a big family, one that was warm and we can chat with each other. My family was short lived, when my parents died, everything changed. Now I missed my brothers more and want to hug them, tease them and joke around with them. I let out a small sigh and felt uncomfortable there, it was like I didn’t belong there. After that incident where Xue Hwa got hurt, the others started to treat me differently. They avoided me in some way and would speak with a tint of annoyance. Seeing that I wasn’t needed, I slowly walked to the stairs hoping I will not attract anyone’s attention when someone called me.

“Se Rin?” I turned and faced the guy called Kai. He looked at me with a questioning look. “Han Se Rin, right?”

“How did you know my surname?”

“8TH grade, class 4?”

“How did you know I was in cla-opff” I was slammed into his chest.

“It’s you. It’s really you!” he cut me off giving me a super tight hug, I almost couldn’t breathe.

“I don’t know you.” I tried to push him off me but he just hugged me tighter. The other members stopped talking after realising that one of their members was hugging me, they looked over shocked and curious.

“It’s me.” he finally pulled away, looking into my eyes. His eyes were lighted up, like a child in a toy store.

“Me.” he pointed to himself.

“Jongin.”

“Jongin?” I tried to remember. He looked at me with a face full of anticipation. He was a bit tan, and had brown hair. He was taller than me, and had nice warm brown eyes.

“Kim. Jong. In.” He said again, emphasising on each word and that triggered my memory.

“You-“ I gapped at him with wide eyes. “Are you Jjong?” I pointed at him and he broke into a smile before nodding away.

“It’s been a long time huh.” I was too stun to reply him.

“Oh my gosh, it’s really you!” I said loudly and he grin before hugging me again and this time I hugged him back.

“I missed you.” being in his arms reminded me of the past where he used to protect me from the other kids. I inhaled his scent, it made me feel safe in his arms. I grabbed a fist full of his shirt and tears spilled out.

“Rin?” he tried to pull back. He must have felt my tears seeping through his clothes. I was overwhelmed with emotions and pain as his arm was pressing against my bruise and it hurt a lot. I couldn’t tell him that, we just met. No one knew about it and I intend to keep it that way.

“It’s okay, I’m here now.” He my back. It felt comforting, it was like we never separated at all.

“Do you want to go to your room?” he whispered. “Everyone is watching.” He was right, I didn’t notice it before, and the surroundings became silent. I nodded into his chest and he guided me to the stairs.

“Kai?” he turned around and hid me behind him.

“Yeah?”

“What’s wrong?” Suho asked worriedly.

“Nothing you should worry about.” He said as he pulled me up the stairs. I guided him to my room, he closed the door behind him. I hugged him again, letting my tears fall once again. He hugged back and we remained in this position for a while.

“I thought I’ll never see you again.” he murmured into my hair. “I couldn’t find you when I went back. They said you moved away.” I nodded.

“Why did you leave? You didn’t even leave a note.” I let out a sob, he hugged me tighter. “You should have called me or left a voicemail.” I pulled away and looked up at him. He looked the same, the same Jongin I knew. The tan and handsome boy who made friends with me. “Even a post it note would have been good.”

“I’m sorry, something happened. It was so sudden, I wanted to tell you but my parents didn’t allow me.” he sighed. “I’m sorry, really.” He wiped away my tears. “I promised to come back immediately but when I did, you moved away. I couldn’t find you at all, I didn’t have a clue to where you moved.” He paused and looked at me.

“All these years, I’ve been trying to find you, you never left my mind, not for a second. I always wondered how you look like, did you make new friends or whether you forgot about me.”

“I didn’t, I kept hoping that we can meet again. And we did.” I smiled.

“Yes we did. Do you know how shock I was when I heard your name just now? I was wondering if you were the Rin I know and bam, it’s really you” I laughed.

“Now you have some explaining to do. And we have some catching up to do.” He pulled me to my bed where we sat for hours, talking and finding out what happened to each other the past few years.

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

14 years ago, I was adopted into the Han family. Yes, I was an orphan or at least that’s what they told me. I was so young I couldn’t remember much. All I know was I got into an accident and was the sole survivor. I could have lost my memory I didn’t know. Anyway, they treated me like their own daughter, it took me a while to open up to them. I also meet my brothers who stuck to me like glue, protecting and playing with me, making sure that I was never alone. Slowly, I opened up to them. It was a year later when I met him, my first friend.

Kim Jong In.

We got along quickly and we were best friends. We did everything together, from walking to school to even sleeping over at each other’s house. We didn’t keep secrets from each other. He knew me really well, what I liked, what I didn’t like, similarly I knew his. We were so close that we would hold hands and hug a lot. Many people mistook us as twins which was funny as we look really different from each other.

It was when we were 13 years old when he suddenly moved away with his family. They just disappeared overnight. The night before he disappeared, we walked home happily, talking about what to do the next day, like any other day.

He didn’t even leave a note behind.

His disappearance hit me hard, I cried for a few days. My brothers tried to cheer me up but it didn’t work. I stopped going to school and just stared at his house which was 3 houses down from my window. My parents got worried and it so happened that my father was posted somewhere else, a new town. They decided that it would be good for me to have a new environment and we moved away a few months later.

I always hoped that we could meet again and I was elated that we found each other again. We got to know each other better, making up for the loss of time. He told me what he did after leaving and how much he missed me. I smiled at the thought of it, I missed him as well.

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

“Rin!” he waved me over the next day. “Let me introduce you to my hyungs.”

“This is Suho hyung, Baekhyun hyung, Chanyeol hyung, D.O hyung and lastly Sehun.” He introduced them respectively before adding.

“Sehun here, is our age.” I looked at him and he smiled, I smiled back.

“Hyungs, this is Rin.” he placed his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. “My girlfriend.” He grinned.

“WHAT?!” all of them shouted and I jumped a little from the sudden noise.

“G-girlfriend?”

“Since when?”

“Yesterday.” He smiled like a fool and I elbowed him in the rib. He took a few steps backwards and held onto the part where I elbowed.

“What was that for?” he looked at me innocently. I just stuck out my tongue at him before looking back at 5 stunned looking young man.

“Ignore him, he is joking.” I shot him a small glare as they relaxed a bit. “I haven't officially introduced myself. My name is Han Se Rin, you can call me Rin. I’m his childhood friend.” I smiled.

“Nice to meet you, Rin.” the one called Suho said. “A friend of Jongin’s is a friend of mine.” He smiled. I looked back at them, they were all smiling and it made me feel comfortable.

‘They were friendlier compared to M.’ from the way Jongin looks at his hyungs, I could see that they meant a lot to him. His friends were keepers.

“So, we are the same age?” I nodded at Sehun.

“Don’t have to speak formally with me. I’m more comfortable if you just speak informally.”

“Can I really do that?” he raised his eyebrows as if I didn’t mean it. I smiled and nodded.

“I hope we can be friends Rin ah.” I laughed.

“Me too.”

“Oh Rin, I forgot to tell you.”

“What?” he was grinning like a fool.

“We are moving in!” he cheered. “That means we will be living under the same roof.”

“Really?” I didn’t believe what he said.

“YES!” he fist pumped the air and the others just shook their head, Suho looked really embarrassed.

“Am I really friends with that guy there?” Sehun asked himself and I laughed.

I got along really well with them, especially Sehun. We had something in common.

We love bubble tea.

We clicked instantly, which was something really fascinating to me. He was like another Jongin, just that he looks and behaves differently. He had this cool and mysterious aura around him but he is actually really funny and sometimes childish. We became close quickly and we were always together. Baekhyun called us the three musketeers, we didn’t leave each other’s side for long, and we always came back and sat together. They knew about my job and they always made time for me. Whether I was having a good day or not, they never failed to cheer me up. Maybe staying with them wouldn’t be so bad after all.

 

`````~~~~~``````

 

I managed to have 2 hours of break a few days later since Xue was taking a nap and her brother was home. I wanted to go out and walk around, like what I used to do. I missed my brothers as well. I was putting on my shoes at the corridor when Sehun appeared.

“Where are you going?” I looked up while putting on my shoes.

“Out, for 2 hours.” I smiled at the thought of having my own free time.

“Where? Can I come along?”

“Aren’t you busy?” I asked as Jongin appeared.

“Nope, we are free.” He said and smiled. “We are tagging along.”

“Jongin, there is something called asking for permission first.” I folded my arms across my chest as they put on their shoes.

“I will go where ever you go.” He eyed me. “You are not slipping past me again.” he said as he held onto my hand tightly.

“Let’s go!” I chuckled at his childish behaviour.

We reached a café and I checked the time.

3:09PM.

‘Just on time.’

“You guys can go ahead and order drinks if you want. They are famous for their coffee.” They went to the counter and queued while I went to get some seats.

“Do you want anything?” Sehun asked from across the room, everyone in the shop looked up. I quickly shook my head and he nodded.

‘He did not just shout across the shop.’ I mentally faced palmed as I shook my head is disbelieve. I looked towards the door as I saw 2 familiar looking guys coming in. I stood up and waved at them. They wore a smile as they saw me and ran towards me.

“God, I missed you!” I was greeted by 2 chests, I chuckled and I hugged them back tightly.

“Me too.”

“A-hem.” They both pulled back and looked at the person who cleared his throat.

“Oppa, meet Sehun.”

“Hello, my name is Sehun.” He bowed as Jongin came back.

“Why is there 2 guys standing next to my girl?”

“My girl?” I burst out laughing as I saw Jongin giving them the looks.

“Jongin, meet my brothers. I hope you still remember them?” I looked at him and watched his expression turned from a confused jealous one into one of realisation.

“H-hyung!” my brothers’ still looked clueless.

“Ge ge.” They looked at me as I pointed at Jongin.

“Kim Jong In.” they still didn’t get it.

“The boy who loves chicken and the one who moved away?”

“Oh, that boy- wait what?” they looked between us.

“The kid that was small and always stayed by your side? That’s him?” I nodded and smiled a bit.

“I finally met him.” I looked at Sehun and Jongin standing on my left.

“Meet my brothers, Jung Daeryong and Jung Soryong.”

 

`````~~~~~``````

 

They got along and we had a great time even though it was short. They also wanted to meet sister, who is a doctor. She is my cousin, I work for her father in the organisation. I promised to let them meet another time when I had time. I hugged my brothers and went back to the house. On the way back, Jongin interlace his hand with mine. Seeing him holding my hands, Sehun went to my other side and did the same. I looked down at both of my hands then back at them. They just looked back at me innocently.

“You guys must like skin ship.” I murmured as we walked back.

I went back to working 24/7, guarding Xue. They would whine when I couldn’t accompany them or play with them. I couldn’t help but feel bad, I wanted their company but work comes first. Sometimes, at night, we would secretly meet at the balcony where we would talk for hours until the sun rises.

I still meet Kris and Lay in the middle of the night, mostly on nights when I couldn’t sleep. We would talk until they fall asleep, I would just watch them sleep. Something I took a liking to do especially watching Kris sleep. The way he sleeps makes me feel calm, at peace making me forget my worries temporarily.

`````~~~~~``````

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New characters!