Note

Just Like You

 

 

 

Hello!

This is a note to clarify the ending which I think some of you might not understand. Firstly, if you didn’t manage to get the ending, I'm really sorry. As I mentioned before, I had a slight writer’s block last week. I had some trouble coming up with the ending but I managed to finish it. I shouldn’t have separated the last part because chapter 39 is the continuation of 38. So the ending may seem messy or confusing. I’ll edit it into one, it might make more sense then.

So here are some questions I came up with that you all might not understand or want to find out.

 

1) Who is that someone in the last part? What is the promise?(The last POV)

That person is actually Yongju eonnie. If you are wondering why or how she suddenly appeared, she and Rin had a conversation before Kris took Rin along with them to get Xue. (Chapter 37). She originally didn’t want Rin to follow them because she did not feel comfortable or assured that she would be safe with them since they somewhat caused her predicament. But Rin went ahead and followed them implying that it would be the last time. That’s when the promise is mention.

Another part to take note would be when Rin found out that it was all a trap, she called someone. She called Yongju. From Something might happen, I’m not sure if I can keep our promise. I’ll try my best. I’m sorry.” Rin mentions about the promise again. The only person who mentioned or knows about it is Yongju.

The promise Rin made to Yongju would be to stay alive. The last sentence in the whole story she asked Rin to survive.

 

2) Who is the person who brought Rin to the car? Who else were in that car?

The person who brought her to the car where Yongju was waiting is just a random character I thought of. So he is someone that Yongju knows and he helped her. That’s about it.

In the car there is 4 in total:

Yongju, Rin, That guy dressed in black and another person who drove the car.

*Please note that EXO is not in the car. They are still at the site. They didn’t manage to get close to her in the first place.

 

3) How did Qian suddenly appear? How is she related to EXO and Rin?

Back in chapter 25 when they were in china, Qian brought Rin to the hospital where her physical body laid. With Rin’s help, she managed to go back into her body. She woke up from her coma after that. She couldn’t walk properly here because the time span from when she woke up to when she went to find Rin was around 2 weeks. Being in a coma for 1 year, she wouldn’t have been able to use her legs much yet.

How is she related to them? Her character was someone who is supposed to guide Rin through this phase when the curse is supposed to be broken. Her job was to prevent history from happening again. As you can see in chapter 38, she knows Tao and Lay personally. That is because I wrote her character as a close family friend of the Zhang’s. This would be the reason why she knew all about Rin. As for Tao, I because they were from the same town, I made it seem that they knew each other.

In conclusion, she is a family friend of the Zhang’s.

 

4) What about Kris? Does he remember Rin?

Kris character by the end of the story is really confused. He has this special connection to Rin but he doesn’t know that he is attracted to her. That’s why he treats her like a friend. But when she is close to other guys, he sees green at times. He cares for Xue, but he is intrigued by her, and therefore took more notice of her, thinking that he likes her.

Remember, Kris has never felt emotions before, so he has not experience love or other similar emotions. So he couldn’t differentiate the difference between being intrigued and being in love.

There were many hints that Rin was the one he was looking for but he overlooked it. The time when he got angry at Rin for letting herself get pulled away (chapter 14). If you noticed, he was talking to her and not Xue. He only mentioned her name but the argument got more heated up as he brought her inside the conversation.

It’s the same with happiness and sadness. He talked to her about confessing to Xue, he smiled for the first time. (Chapter 23) same application, he was talking to Rin.

And the birthmark, it was a rose. Kris mentioned the clue to finding the one, he only remembered that it was a flower but didn’t say what kind. It’s a flower that symbolize hope, new beginnings and an undying love; a rose. That’s how Chen figured it all out. He saw the birthmark on Rin and knew about the meaning.

 

5) What emotions did Rin have left?

I categorised it under 3 categories, Anger, Happiness and Sadness. So things related to:

Anger: Rage, Frustrations, hate, and Irritation etc.

Happiness: Joy, laughter, anything happy etc

Sadness: Worry, Pain, Grieve, Fear, Sorrow etc.

 At the end, she only had sadness left. But because Kris was also experiencing sadness, she was slowly losing it as well.

 

6)So did Rin survive or not?

This would be up to your guys. If you want her to live, she will live. If you think that she died, she died.

 

I hoped that this would help to clear up any confusion you have. I’m still working on making my stories more smooth flowing and easy to understand. Below I attached a poll for my next story. These will be the character line up. If you want a sequel for Just Like You, do vote as well.

Once again thank you for reading!!! 

J.