05

Just Like You

Words in Blue are in Chinese.

Words in Maroon are Dreams.

Italic are their thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Your POV:

I made it back home in record time, and did up the decorations. Once everything was in place, I messaged uncle and gave him the green light. I offed all the lights and prepared the cake, they will be back in 10 minutes. Time ticked away slowly and I waited patiently, I looked at the clock and it 11:59PM.

‘They should be back soon.’ As I predicted, I heard the sound of keys and men talking outside. I quickly lighted the cake and waited.

“Why did uncle order us around? Gosh I’m tired.” I took that as my cue and walked out of the kitchen into the living room.

 

“Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday to my twins.

Happy birthday to you.”

 

“What?” they both stood there, their lips turning upwards.

“So that’s why uncle held us back.” Soryong laughed as he looked around the house. The decorations were simple, but it gave off a homely feel I must say. I did a good job.

Happy birthday, ge ge.” I walked to them and held the cake in front of them.

Remember to make a wish before you blow out the candles.” I watched as they closed their eyes, they looked like little kids. Together, they blew out the candles, taking the cake from me and placed it on the table.

Mei!” they both gave me a big hug. “Xie xie.”

“Anything for you guys.” I grinned.

“It’s late, you guys go and rest. I believe uncle made you guys tired. I placed your presents in the room.” I said as I pulled them up the stairs.

"The cake will be eaten once you guys wake up." They stopped outside their own rooms. Yes, even they are twins, they don't share rooms and they both have their own preferences.

“Good night, dream about me.” They snickered as I waved. I walked to my room before stopping half way.

“Oh. Ge Ge?”

“Hmm?” they hummed.

“I hope you like it! The presents I mean.” I smiled and closed the door before heading to bed.

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

I was panting, trying to catch my breath as I ran. I could hear people shouting behind, the fear grew bigger. I stumbled and fell, getting cuts from the nearby branches. The voices got closer, I quickly got up and ran ignoring the pain.

‘I have to run, I can’t get caught.’

“There she is!” I turned and saw men running after me. I can’t get caught. Suddenly someone grabbed my hand and pulled me. I let out a scream and struggled.

“Shhh, it’s me.” I recognised the voice anywhere. I looked up and saw him pulling me.

“How did you-“

“Just run for now. I’ll explain later.” He turned and faced me, the face I’ve been longing to see, my heart skipped a beat. We ran until we saw the forest clear, we were at the edge of a cliff. In simple terms, we were trapped. He looked around for a place to hide but there were none.

“.” he ruffled his hair and looked at me. “I’m sorry. I should have come earlier.”

“It’s okay. We are going to get through this together.” He pulled me into a hug, wrapping his arms around me.

“There they are!” the men surrounded us as I pulled apart from him, they blocked our only way out. “Just come with us, everything will be fine.”

“No.” I backed away, moving closer to the edge.

“Stop moving.” The men grabbed him and he struggled against them.

“Let go of me!” they hit him in the stomach and he crumbled down.

“No!” I screamed as I ran to him. I didn’t get far, let alone a few steps.

Bang.

Pain filled my entire body, I couldn’t breathe. I looked at him and he was calling me, I tried to reach out to him.

‘Please, let me be with him.’

Bang.

I stumbled, and finally I lost balance, falling backwards. The last thing I saw was him calling my name, tears were flowing out of his eyes as he struggled to break free.

I fell, into endless darkness.

``````~~~~~``````

 

“NO!” I screamed as I opened my eyes. Beads of sweat rolled down my face as I panted.

My heart was racing and I felt pain around my abdomen and shoulder.

It felt too real, I could feel the pain.

‘What is this? Why do I keep having these dreams? Dreams of me dying?’

My hands shook as I tried to calm myself down. “It’s just a dream, nothing more.” I stayed in bed as I calmed down, I couldn’t close my eyes again, in fear of the image appearing again.

I just sat in bed hoping that morning will come soon.

``````~~~~~``````

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I'm just realised as I'm uploading the chapters, the first few are all mostly short ones.

How is the story so far?

Comment and subscribe.

Thanks! :)