011

Just Like You

Words in Blue are in chinese.

Italic are their thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV:

We made it home and I made sure that we weren’t followed. Once inside, I quickly placed the stuff she bought in the living room and took out my phone and called someone.

“Could you check if there is a camera at that street? Any available camera, I need the recordings from 7:45PM – 8:15PM. Send it to me as soon as possible.” I looked at Xue as I got off the phone, she sat on the sofa in the living room looking a bit pale. I made another call in case.

“Eonnie? It’s Rin, do you have time now? Could you help me do a full body check? Thanks.”

“Ge!” I turned around and saw Lay walk in. She ran and hugged him, he looked taken aback.

“Just now-” She began to cry and he looked at me, I couldn’t help but give him an apologetic smile. He patted her back as she sobbed. The others must have heard her crying, they came out of their respective rooms, Luhan was not an exception.

“What happened?” he exclaimed as he ran to Xue. I took in a deep breath before explaining what happened.

“There was a car that drove towards her just now. I managed to pull her away in time.” I looked at them. They looked at each other shocked. “I don’t think it was an accident.”

“Are you okay?” he asked her. She shook her head before lifting her elbow up, showing him the bandage.

“She only has and abrasion at her elbow otherwise, there isn’t any visible injuries. Just in case, I have arranged an appointment for a medical check-up.” he looked at me. “We can head down to the hospital now.”

I don’t want.” She said and hugged Luhan tight. “I don’t want, don’t want, don’t want!

Are you sure you are all right? Do you feel weird anywhere?” she immediately shook her head but he didn’t looked convinced.

“I could ask the doctor to come over if you want.” I added.

“It’s okay. Just let her rest.” He turned and helped her to the room. The others slowly dispersed and I picked up her bags and was about to go upstairs when Tao stood in front of me.

“You should have seen it coming.” he said in a low and threatening tone. “You got her hurt.” He slowly walked closer to me, staring at me with his eyes.

“You better watch out. If this happens again, I’ll get you fired.” He turned around and went upstairs while I just stood there. All I could do was sigh. I placed her bags at her door and went into my room, I didn’t realise that I was limping slightly.

Once inside, I stood in front of the mirror and lifted my shirt, just high enough to see my mid drift. I had a bruise on the right side of my waist, it was turning purple.

“That’s going to take a while to recover.” I placed my shirt down and walked to my bed slowly, texting eonnie about the cancellation of appointment as I sat down. I was taking out my socks when I realised that I wasn’t alone. It was that presence I always felt. I prepared myself before turning around, there sitting on the other side of my bed was the girl or should I say lady. I looked at her and she did the same.

“It’s you.” I paused. “You warned me about the car.” She nodded.

“Why?” she didn’t say anything. She just sat there and smiled slightly before vanishing. I looked around the room, she wasn’t there.

“Who are you?”

My phone beeped and I checked my message. I got up and went to my laptop, it was time for me to work. I didn’t sleep that night.

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

In the next 2 days, Xue was back to her old self, bubbly and spoilt. But I couldn’t say that about the others. It seems like after that accident, they have been avoiding me, shooting me glares when they see me. I didn’t understand what they were doing, what did I do to deserve this? I kept quiet and tried to ignore them, but it only got worse. Some of them started making comments that were indirectly aiming at me. I couldn’t do anything about it.

The night before, I finished my analysis and found out that that incident was somehow related to the organisation I was working on. However I have yet to find out if they were really aiming at Xue or was it just a coincidence. If they were, what was their purpose?

I was a bit stressed about several things. First was Xue’s case. Next was why the others started to treat me like a bug, did I do something wrong? If I did, they just have to let me know, I’ll apologise but no. they decided to spit it onto my face instead and rub it in. I have no idea why they were behaving like that. Lastly, it was about that lady. Who is she? Is she real?

“Why?” I had so many questions but no answers. I could say that I deal with stress really well but with this amount of things in my head, I doubt that I could. At least only this time.

My head was filled up with these thoughts along with the report I had to submit. It prevented me from sleeping. Slowly and softly, I went out to the balcony with a book and sat down. The wind blew and it made me relax a little. Suddenly a cold breeze brushed my arm and I shivered.

“You shouldn’t be out here.” I whipped my head around and saw the lady standing there. Her white dress blew in the wind.

“It’s cold here.” she smiled and came closer to me.

“Who are you?” she bend down and caressed my cheeks. There was a cold sensation and it felt nice.

“Let’s say that I’m someone who is supposed to protect you.”

“Are you real? I know that I haven’t been sleeping so I could be hallucinating.” I joked but she looked at me straight faced. She wasn't joking, she was real.

“Can they see you?” she turned around and sat next to me smiling.

“Nope. Only you.” her smile was lovely. “So I could punish them for you if you like.” I snorted slightly.

“What good will it do?” I looked at my hands, feeling terrible, I felt like crying. There were so many things on my mind right now and I didn’t have anyone to talk too. Usually in situation like this, I would talk to my brothers but I was here alone. I kept everything inside. As if she knew what I was thinking. She said as she reached over to hold my hand. I looked at her.

“I’m here for you.” I felt some kind of relief. She kept smiling and held my hand, the thoughts washed away for a moment. It was like she took away my frustrations and worry.

“Why is it that only I can see you? Are you a ghost?” she put a finger to her lips.

“That’s a secret for now. You will know in time.”

We just sat there in silence, it was comforting. She started to hum a tune, it was soothing, luring me to sleep. Soon, my eyelids began to droop.

“What’s your name?” I caught her answer just before I slipped into dreamland.

“My name is Qian.”

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

Kris POV:

She was at the balcony again, sitting there with a book on her lap. I walked closer and realised that her eyes are closed.

She was asleep.

This was the first time I’m seeing her sleep, most of the time she would be awake, staring into space.

‘Why is she sleeping here, it’s cold here.’ I wanted to wake her up but she looked so peaceful I didn’t want to wake her. So I went back to my room and got a blanket.

I took a step closer and she stirred a little making me freeze on the spot. Once she stopped moving, I carefully placed the blanket over her before sitting next to her. I observed her, she had a high nose bridge and black shoulder length hair and a set of dimples. She had some eye bags under her eyes.

She hasn’t been sleeping well. I remembered her saying that she has nightmares.

‘It must because of them.’ But even with eye bags, she looked lovely. Compared to Xue, she had a softer, lovelier look. Xue was sharp and outstanding, anyone who sees her would say that she was pretty. Rin is decent looking, I would say above average.

I knew what the members had been saying things and they were aiming those at her. They were listening to Xue. Anyone who has actually spend a little time trying to get to know Rin would know that she would not do anything to Xue. The others are too blind and too caught up with Xue to even want to get to know more about Rin. Well, maybe Lay would. I’ve seen them interact before and Lay seem really comfortable with her, they like similar things and even eat the same way which was weird.

She stirred again, this time she groan. Slowly, she started to toss and turn, her eye movement were fast behind her lids. Beads of sweat started to appear on her forehead.

“No.” she said.

She was having a nightmare. I moved the chair nearer to her and placed my hand on her arm, she flinched upon contact and I held her hand.

“It’s okay. It’s just a dream.” I whispered as unconsciously reached out and moved her hair that was covering her face aside. Her brows were knitted together, and her breathing was erratic, I held her hand tighter and wiped the sweat away.

“It’s just a dream.” Slowly her breathing slowed down as I place my hand on her forehead and it slowed down to a more stable pace.

“It’s just a dream.”

``````~~~~~``````

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

New character, more to come.