04

Just Like You

Your POV

I walked into the mall with one goal in mind, getting presents for the twins. Tomorrow's their birthday and uncle has kindly helped me hold them back while I get ready a small party for them. Well maybe not exactly a party because knowing uncle, he would probably over work them. So just singing of the song and giving of presents. They can always eat the cake tomorrow. Setting up the place and buying the cake was easy but the hardest thing is getting a present, both of them likes different things making it harder.

‘What would guys like to have as a present?’ I quickly strolled through the mall, looking into shops hoping to find something.

“This is harder than hacking.” I murmured as I walked around the shopping centre, hoping to find the perfect present.

I stopped in front of a shop that sells hats, wondering if they would like it when suddenly there was a shout. I saw a man running towards my direction, he approached me and pulled out a knife and placed it on my neck. It was so sudden and I was distracted, I just froze in my place, letting him take me.

“W-what-“

“Shut up.” he shouted. Soon a small crowd gathered and people were whispering, the security guards came and tried to approach him. He pressed the knife deeper and I hissed in pain.

“Watch the neck.” I snapped. I was angry at myself for not reacting and letting me get into this situation, wasting precious time.

“You shut up, you are my hostage.” He snared.

“You do know that by doing this you will get a sentence right? If you just surrender, you will get a light sentence.”

“Just keep quiet! And all of you don’t come any closer!” he waved the knife at them as he held me by the neck.

‘Just my luck, I don’t have time for this.’

“Young lady, are you alright?” the security guard asked me.

“I’m fine.”

“We will get you out soon, hang in there.” I return a smile out of politeness. I was not afraid, I’ve been through worse. I’m trained to free myself from situations like this, I’m just waiting for the right timing and boy I was getting impatient. There were too many people gathered around and anyone could get hurt. From the corner, I saw a tall guy looking at me, something about him felt familiar, like I knew him. He slowly made his way to the front of the crowd and he kept his eye contact with me, as if he is trying to tell me something.

“Don’t come any closer! Any closer I’ll kill her.”

“Young man, please calm down. What you are doing is not right.” the security tried to reason with him while waiting for back up.

“Hey, take the knife away while I’m nice.” I said, feeling really annoyed and impatient.

“What are you going to do?” I could tell he was challenging me.

“I asked you nicely but you didn’t listen, don’t say I didn’t warn you.” before I could take action, the guy from the crowd came forward and grabbed his arm, allowing me to break free.

“Who the hell are you?” he shouted and the crowd dispersed in fear as he attacked the guy. He smoothly dodged the attacks, but got a cut on his arm from a surprise swing from the young man. He turned to me and ran towards me. I grabbed his arm and flipped him, his back hit the ground with a loud thud and he gasped for breath. I quickly knocked the knife out of his hand and kicked it away.

He struggled and knocked me over before attacking me again. I dodged his attacks, and once I saw a chance to attack, I gave him a triple kick and he fell to the ground. I got on top of him and held him down and handed him to the security guards who tied him up.

“I told you let me go.” I turned to the guy who helped me, he was just standing there looking at me.

“Thanks for your hel-oh my gosh you're hurt!” I exclaimed and touched his cut.

“Let’s get that fixed up.” I grabbed his arm and pulled him to a seat. I took out my mini first aid kit from my bag and cleaned the wound before putting on a band aid for him.

“All done.” I smiled and looked at him, he was really good looking. He had light brown hair, his features were really sharp especially his jaw line and eyes, his eyes were so beautiful.

“Thanks again.” I said as I kept my kit.

“Your neck.” My hand went up to the cut I got and I flinched upon contact.

“I forgot.” I took out a tissue and held it against the cut applying pressure. He suddenly took out a band aid from my pouch and helped me put it on.

“Thanks.” He nodded and stood up.

“Erm, can I ask you a question?” he turned around.

“Have we met before?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Oh really? My bad, you seem familiar.” I rubbed the back of my neck and smiled. He turned around and walked away.

“Oh shoots, the presents!” I quickly stood up and ran to the shop and bought the presents and a cake before heading home.

‘I hope I’m not too late.’

``````~~~~~``````

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another short chapter.

Comment and subscribe.