02

Just Like You


 

Kris POV

“Tonight.” I looked at the others and they nodded and went off to prepare. After a day’s worth of observation and gathering information, we were ready to take action.I went into the room and took out my gun. I placed it behind my back, letting my shirt and coat cover it. I took a short knife and slipped it into the pouch I had at my ankle.

‘Just in case.’

That night, we headed out, it was around 10PM at night and it was dark. We walked to a club and stopped outside it. I looked at my group mates and they all nodded. We entered the club and the smell of alcohol, cigarettes and sweat hit me. According to our plan, we split up and looked around and saw a lot of teenagers dancing and drinking. Some obviously are not in the right mind because of drugs.

“Who are you? I’ve never seen you before.” A nasty looking guard approached me and Chen.

“We heard that this is the place to go if you are bored.” Chen said.

“How many?”

“4.” I said.

“Follow me.” I looked towards Lay and Tao. They nodded and followed. Xiumin and Luhan were at a corner on lookout duties.

We followed him to a room and along the passageways until we arrived at a small room. Loud music and laughter of girls could be heard from behind the room.

“Wait here.” The guard went in.

I looked at my colleagues, they nodded implying that they know what they need to do. The door opened and the guard asked us to go in. Inside, sat our target, Bang Min Joon and we walked in confidently.

“So I heard that you guys wanted something.” He smirked. “How much do you want?”

“12.” I said.

“12? Isn’t that a bit too much for you boys?”

“Oh, we were thinking of sharing it with our friends back home.” Chen spoke up.

“I’m afraid I can’t let you purchase that many. At most I can give you is 4.” He looked at us.

“Then 4 it is.” I replied.

“Okay. It is a deal.” He asked his men to bring the things over.

“So, what’s your payment going to be?” he asked when his men brought the items to him.

“Payment? Oh yes, payment. It will be by rotting in jail for the rest of your life.” I pulled out my gun and so did the others. The girls in the room started to scream and ran. I shot the ceiling and every one quieten down. “So, would you like to follow us or do you want the hard way?”

He ordered his men to attack and they were no match for us. Tao immediately took down 3 men on his own, he tried to escape but I shot him in the leg and he screamed in pain while clenching onto his wound. I walked up to him as my friends took down the rest of his men. I bend down and faced him.

“I guess you want to take it the hard way.” Outside we heard noises of men running and Chen went to check.

“They are escaping.”

“Tao, I leave it to you. Help the others.” He nodded and left the room.

Lay came up to me and handed me a handcuff. He struggled and I kicked him right in the stomach, he moan in pain and I cuffed him. I lifted his chin and made him look at me. “Where are the girls?” He refused to speak. I stepped on his wound and he gasped in pain. “Tell me while I’m nice.”

“I-In the other room.”

“Watch him.” Lay nodded and I headed to the room. I opened it found 4 girls huddling in a corner while there were 4 guys inside.

“What are you doing here? Who are you?” One of them came up to me and threw a punch. I dodged it and kicked him. The others came up to me, want to take revenge for their fallen brother but they were no match for me. Soon enough, I took them out. I looked at the girls and they flinched upon eye contact.

“Are you okay?” They nodded as the people from the organisation came in and took over, they brought the ladies out and tended to their injuries.

I searched the office as my colleagues and other agents round up the remaining men, hoping to find more information as to who was backing Min Joon at the back. I quickly flipped through the folders and papers before the official team comes and collect the documents, an official procedure under the organisation. Every time, I’m this close to finding out who this mysterious person or group is, the one who is backing all those criminals. That person slips through my fingers every single time. I wasn’t going to let that happen again, not this time.

“Where is it?” I murmured. My fingers moved fast as time is short. Then I found the information I was looking for. Upon hearing footsteps outside, I swiftly stuffed the document into my coat’s secret compartment and walked towards the door just as the agents walked in with boxes.

“Thanks.” I bowed at them and left the room.

``````~~~~~``````

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter.

Do subscribe or comment.

Thanks!!