036

Just Like You

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

``````~~~~~``````

“What do you want to do there?” Ricky asked the group.

“Sky diving!”

“Drive around and eat good food!”

“Staying in the hotel room.”

“Fishing!”

All kinds of comments were made at the same time. They were really excited. The staff told them they were supposed to plan their own itinerary for the trip. They had to plan everything from booking of plane tickets and hotel rooms to the directions of the places they want to go. Ricky volunteered to plan out their schedules. Oppa was a bit worried. He worries about everything. He has the worried bug.

They heard about me from oppa, I thought that they would shy away from me, but they did the opposite. They came closer and talked to me more, joking and laughing a lot. They didn’t seem to be bothered about my condition.

“Why stay in a hotel when you are on a holiday?”

“Because we don’t really get to do that? Can’t I do that?” Chunji said.

“But that’s ridiculous. Why don’t you stay in Korea?”

“YA!” Chunji threw a pillow and it hit oppa square on his face.” the rest burst into laughter and I just shook my head.

“Even Rin finds this funny. You guys are childish!” Niel laughed and the two older boys glared at him. Sensing some sort of danger he immediately stopped and ran for the room.

“AHN DANIEL COME BACK HERE!” they ran after him. They are really childish at times but those times were worth it. They were good memories.

“Noona, what will you do there?” Changjo asked.

“I don’t know. Just walk around and sightsee I guess.”

“You can follow us.” He smiled. “It will be fun.”

“We’ll see.”

We bought tickets and we are confirm going to Guam 2 weeks later. I was looking forward to it a bit. I’ll be away from all these worries. I just wanted to be free from this place.

Days flew by and it’s been a week since I stopped working. Everyday, Teen Top would hang out with me even though they are busy themselves. They were really a great bunch of friends to be with. I got to know them more, they showed me their music videos from debut until now, gave me their albums and made me watch their variety programmes which were really funny. Too bad I couldn’t laugh, I would have been laughing all day.

As I past each day, I received text messages and calls from them. They came non-stop. I didn’t reply them or called back.

I’m moving on.

As much as I wanted to run away from them, there will be a day where I will need to face them. I still had my stuff over at their place that I need to pick up, certain things there were needed for my holiday.

“Just give them a call.” Eonnie sat next to me as I looked at my phone. 132 text messages and 97 missed calls. “Tell them that you are coming to take your stuff back.”

I was nervous, surprisingly. Making sure I’ve calm down and the nervousness is mostly gone, I dialled the number of the person who last called me. The ringing felt so long.

“RIN!” he breathed into the phone. “Hello?”

“Hi.”

“Hey.” He panted, a tinge of relief could be heard in his voice. “It’s been a while huh. How are you? Have you eaten? Are you sleeping well? Are you feeling bett-”

“I’m doing fine.” I cut him off. If I didn’t, he would have continued to ramble on and on. “Don’t worry. I’m coming by to pick up my stuff.”

“What time?”

“In an hour or two. Is it okay?”

“For you, anything is fine.” He paused. “Mei?”

“Hmmm?”

“I’m glad to hear from you again and that you are feeling better. Ge ge is happy.”

“How are you doing?”

“I’m good.” I could see him smile over the phone. “I can’t wait to see you later. Text me when you reach. Do you want anything to eat? Ge ge can make them for you.”

“It’s okay.”

“Okay.” He sounded disappointed. “Then I’ll see you later?”

“Yeah, see you.” I hung up.

“So how is it?”

“Going over.” I nodded as I turned to her. She smiled and patted my head.

“I’ll follow you if you want me to.” I nodded. I didn’t want to go there alone. It wasn’t because I was afraid or anything, it was just in case I can’t bear to leave them again after seeing them. I needed someone to pull me away from them. For assurances purpose. I got up and prepared the things I needed to bring with me. I was hoping for the meeting to be a short one.

The shorter the better.

 

An hour later, we made our way to their apartment. I greeted the security guard and went inside.

“I’ll wait for you here.” I turned and looked at eonnie. “Go.” She shooed me away and I walked into the lift. As it went up, thoughts filled my head. Will they welcome me? Will they say hi or just ignore me like the last time. Was I ready to see him again? Will he hold me back again this time?

The doors opened and I walked out to a familiar hallway. Walking down it, brought back memories, good and bad. I stopped in front of their house. This is it.

It is going to be the last time I’ll see them. The last time I’ll see my brother. The last time I’ll see him. After this, I will disappear from their lives. Like I never existed before. I pressed the bell and took a step backwards.

“Who is i-Omg!”

Beep. The door opened and I went inside.

I heard someone’s footsteps. Just as I took off my shoes, he appeared.

“Rin!” he ran to me and collided into me. Some air got knocked out of my lungs from the sudden impact and I coughed. “I missed you.” he whispered as he swayed slowly from side to side.

“I’m doing fine.” I patted his back softly. I noticed this before, not only could I feel Qian’s touch, I could also feel Kris and Lay’s touch. It was weird, why only these three people? But it was nice to be in his embrace again. His vanilla scent filled my nose, it wasn’t very strong but really faint and light. We used the same lotion. I felt warmed and loved. I really missed him.

“Come in.” he pulled away and looked at me before smiling. “You look much better. That’s good.” I just nodded and went into the living room. There wasn’t anyone there which to me is weird unless they are on a mission.

“Jongdae ah!” Lay shouted. A few minutes later he appeared with an annoyed face.

“Hyung, what is it?”

“Look who’s here?” he pulled me in front of me. I looked at him and he looked back. He just blinked his eyes. I raised my hand and gave him a small wave.

“YA!” he shouted and I flinched a bit and took a step back. Lay placed his hand on my lower back to prevent me from falling. He stomped over to me and he looked furious. Who wouldn’t be, I’ve been ignoring his calls and messages. Standing in front of me, he looked down at me.

“How could you? How could you ignore all my calls and messages? I was heartbroken!” he exclaimed and hugged me. “Don’t ever do that again you hear me? You have no idea how worried we were for the past week!” he pinched my cheek. “This is punishment for you.” He scrunched his nose and knocked my head.

“Eh eh eh,” Lay pulled me backwards into his arms. “No touching my sister like that. Only I can do that.” He pouted.

“Who said that you can do that to me?” I asked him and his jaw dropped while Chen scoffed.

“She doesn’t give you permission.” He laughed. Lay looked at me with sad eyes, and he pouted. Gosh, he was so cute. To add on to all that cuteness was his dimples, the same ones I had. Hearing and seeing how he was ‘protective’ of me made me feel really good. It was as if he knew that I was his biological sister. But having him look at me with that kind of expression, I couldn’t bear to see him like that.

“If you ask me next time, I’ll allow you.”

“Really?” his eyes opened wider. I just nodded. “Yes! May I?” before I could reply him, he pinched my cheeks and smiled widely. “You know that we care for you right? I’ll always be here for you.”

‘But I won’t.’

It was a sad truth. Whether the curse will live on and I end up like what Qian said I’ll be or not. I’ll still won’t be able to stay by him.

“Is Xue back yet?” Luhan came down and he saw me. Behind him stood Kris. Both were shocked to see me. I gave them a small nod of the head. “What is she doing here?”

“Oh don’t worry, I won’t be staying for long. I’m just here to pick up my things and I’ll be off.” I turned to Chen. “You said you had my things.”

“Ah, they are in my room. Come on.” he gestured me to follow and I walked pass Luhan and Kris who just came down. I didn’t even look at them in the eye. I felt someone looking at me but I didn’t turn back. I walked forward, following Chen to his room.

It was the first time I’m in his room. It was clean and neat. On his bed sat a few stuff toys, 2 bears to be specific. For someone as old as him, I didn’t expect him to have stuff teddy bears. His room smells like any other males room, just that his doesn’t have that very strong masculine scent. There was a bit fruity. I wondered what kind of air freshener he used.

Closing the door behind me and pulled me towards his bed. He sat me down on his bed and squatted in front of me. Holding my hands in his, he looked at them before looking at me in the eye.

“Se Rin,” he paused. “Shouldn’t you let Kris hyung know about this? About you? He should know about it.”

“Jongdae oppa.” This was the first time I’m calling him oppa. I always called them by their names, it felt more comfortable like that. I didn’t want to be too close to them especially when they are my clients. But he found out about it and I guess you could say that he treated me well.

“I don’t think there is any point in telling him. By telling him, will I be able go back to who I? I really doubt it.”

“But still, I think you should tell him. He needs to know.”

“What can he do after he finds out? Oppa, I’m fine and he is fine. What if I tell him about it and he returns to what his was before? Would you prefer having him now or before? Though people will treat me a little differently, I’ll be okay. This isn’t a very difficult thing cope with.”

“You are like this because of him! How can you just accept that fact and act like it’s nothing? I don’t understand, your life just changed drastically. How can you be so calm at a time like this? You are becoming….becoming just like him!”

“There are certain things that are meant to remain a secret. By revealing it, nothing good will come out of it. This for example, is one. Nothing good will come out by telling the truth. He is happy and that’s all that matters. My happiness is not first place. That is my fate.”

“But he mistook Xue as the ONE. She isn’t, YOU are! Don’t you feel sad when you see them together? Everything you did, she is taking credit for it. This is NOT right.”

He was right but what can I do? Just tell him in the face that I’m the person he is looking for and then leave? I knew what Chen was driving at. I know that he feels frustrated inside. He wants them to know the truth and not be blinded anymore.

“Jongdae.” I held his hands. “You have no idea how much it hurts when I see them together. The pain is beyond words, I can’t explain how it feels.” I looked ahead and sighed. “It hurts so much that I want to die.” I whispered.

“I’ll be fine. As long as he is happy, I’ll be fine. It is my duty after all, to make him feel again. Every life it’s the same, now at least it is finally happening, the curse will be broken. That’s all that matters.” There was some shouting coming from downstairs and we looked towards the door.

“Let’s go.” I stood up. “I’ve been here for too long. It’s time for me to go.” I went over to his desk and picked up the box of my things. “Oh and this,” I took out the thumb drive out of my pocket. “Pass it to Yixing. I hope it’s useful.” He took the thumb drive and looked at it.

“What is it?”

“Just something that might lessen his work load.”

“I’ll pass it to him.” he placed it into his pocket. “Do you really have to do this?” he looked at me with that pleading look.

“That face isn’t going to change my mind.” He sighed and dropped his head.

“If that is what you want then I guess I don’t have a choice. But please at least keep in contact with me.”

“We’ll see.” I said and opened the door. We made our way to the living room. Most of the members were down there waiting with a worried look. When they saw me some of them nodded to acknowledge while the rest just stared ahead, mainly at the door.

“Can you get them?” Luhan asked Suho who was on the phone. He shook his head. “Aish!” he ran his hand through his hair. “Where are they?” sensing that something is not right, I thought that it was right for me to leave now. I’m no longer a part of them, I just came to get my things and that was it. Whatever that is happening, it’s none of my business. Even if it concerns Jongin and Sehun.

Am I worried?

Yes. They are still my friends and from the looks on the others faces, it doesn’t seem to be a good thing. I walked to Lay and tapped his shoulder while balancing my box on my hip.

“I’ll get going. It’s seems like you are busy.”

“So fast?” I nodded.

“Someone is waiting for me downstairs. I can’t keep them waiting for long.” He looked at me sadly. I could tell that he is worried about the current situation and sad that I’m leaving already. I barely talked to him this time.

“Can you wait for a while?” he pleaded with me. “I’ll treat you to dinner. Just wait until Xue and the others come back. Please?”

Before I could answer him, the door slammed open and Sehun stumbled in with Jongin in his arms. He had bruises on his cheeks and he was bleeding from his lips. Jongin on the other hand, didn’t look that good.

“Ya!” Suho ran to them and help Jongin while D.O help Sehun.

“Where is she?” Luhan asked frantically. “Where is Xue?”

“S-She-argh!” Jongin bend over in pain and Suho quickly and gently placed him on the couch. D.O did the same.

“Yixing!” Suho called out and he came with a first aid kit and stood in front of Sehun.

“Jongin first, he is more hurt.” I looked at him, he was bruised all over, scratches, cuts and dried blood. Lay immediately went down to business.

“Where is she??”

“Someone took her away.” Sehun breathe out slowly. “We were attacked on the way back.” he rested his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“!” Luhan shouted. He was so close to tears. He was worried and frustrated. I looked at Kris and he paled. Many thoughts must have ran through his head. As if sensing that I was looking at him, he turned and we locked eye. His eyes were filled with sadness.

“Arh!” Jongin groaned in pain I snapped my head in his direction. Lay was applying something on his fresh wounds. It must have hurt a lot. I turned to Sehun who was resting on the other couch, sitting between D.O and Chanyeol. He looked paler than when I first saw him. His breathing was heavy and his eyelids were drooping a bit, he would blink as if he was trying to keep awake. I put down my box and walked to him.

“Move.” I ordered D.O to move but he stayed at his seat. I shot him a look and he flinched a bit and he moved slowly. I couldn’t wait that long, I pushed him away as softly as I could so as not to offend him or anything. I pulled Sehun over and he followed. I rested his head on my shoulder, and I ran my hand down his back as he breathed next to my ear.

“What are you doing?” I ignored the question and just as I reached the lower back, he groaned in pain. I removed my hand and it was stained red. He was wearing black and he said that Jongin was more injured than him. No one noticed it, they believed him. He was as badly hurt as Jongin, this stupid boy. He was in pain and he didn’t say anything. I quickly took off his jacket, he didn’t even resist me. Once I got it off, I threw it on the floor. Someone grabbed my hand and I looked up to see Tao.

“What are you doing?” I pulled away.

“Chanyeol, move now. Make Sehun lie on his stomach now.” he gave me that look. He was confused as to why I was making him do what I instructed. I didn’t have time.

“NOW.” he immediately scramble up and helped Sehun onto his stomach. I placed a cushion under his face so that it would be more comfortable for him.

“What’s wrong?” Lay asked as I lifted up his shirt. It exposed a wound. To be specific, a gun wound. “OMG.” Lay exclaimed and I examined his wound. It didn’t seem that deep, I just needed to remove the bullet and stitch it up.

“Do you have medical equipment’s here?” I turned to Lay. He nodded.

“They are in my room. But I’m not done with Kai yet.”

“Bring them down. And anaesthetic as well if you have.”

“But-“

“No buts, you work on Jongin, I’ll work on him. We need to get that bullet out now.”

“I’ll get it.” Chen volunteered and came down with the equipment’s.

“You are not a doctor!” I ignored the shout and put on the gloves before taking a look at the anaesthetic. I extracted a small amount and preparing the alcohol.

“YA!” I turned to them.

“Do you want him to die of blood loss or blood poisoning? If you don’t want him too, just let me do what needs to be done. And if I were you, I wouldn’t be standing here doing nothing, I would be searching for Xue.” As if I knocked some sense into them that Xue was still missing they began to take action.

“Get all the CCTV you can get from the neighbourhood.” Kris ordered and everyone moved immediately. I turn my attention back to Sehun, who was lying in front of me.

“Do you trust me?” he looked at me, his eyes were in pain. He nodded slowly and I took it as an okay to continue. I applied the alcohol and injected the anaesthetic near the area he was hurt at. I waited for a while before checking if it worked. It was only a small amount but it should be enough to numb that area. Taking the required tools, I began to remove the bullet. I took it out in a matter of minutes and stitched him up.

“How did you do that?”

“I get hurt at work. I treat myself all the time.” I said as I did the last stitch. He required a total of 5 stitched.

“Make sure that he doesn’t move around a lot and he needs to clean and change the bandage at least twice a day.” I took off the bloodied gloves and stood up. Lay was still working on Jongin when I walked out of the kitchen.

“Got it!” D.O shouted and everyone gathered in front of the TV in the living room. He placed the video on full screen and we watched as Xue got kidnapped by a group of guys. I recognised them anywhere.

They got her.

I knew it. They were so confident that they were able to protect her better than me but they let them get her.

“Find everything and anything about them.” Luhan ordered and they nodded. The living room turned into a HQ. I was about to pick up my stuff when someone called out to me.

“It’s because of you.” I turned around and faced Tao. “Because you had to resign, she is missing!”

“You were the one who said that you could take care of her better than me. You were the one who said I didn’t give my best to protect her. I left because you insisted that you could do a better job. I was sick of hearing your complaints that is why I resigned and let you guys take over. But look what happened. I am not the one who let them get her. I’ve been protecting her from them the whole time. I just passed the baton over to you guys. Don’t come and put the blame on me when you are all in the wrong. I am NOT your scrap goat.”

“Them you say? You know who they are?” Kris asked me, he looked really worried and distressed. “If you know them, could you tell us about them? Help us find her.”

“What if I don’t want to? I’m no longer working with you guys. Whatever happens to her is none of my business now.”

“How could you?” Luhan roared. “She is your friend!”

“Friend? Are you sure about it?” I looked at him. “What makes you think she is my friend? Have you seen her talk to me like a friend? She is not my friend, she never was. She was just a client that I used to work for. I have NOTHING to do with her.” I said monotonously.

“But you worked for her for 6 months.”

“So? Did she treat me more like a friend or a like maid?” I question them. “I’ll get going. Good luck finding her.” I turned around.

“Wait.” I just stood there as I felt his grip on my arm. “Rin, please. Please help me find her. I-I can’t lose her. Not again.” he begged me. The almighty Kris is asking me for help. I closed my eyes for a moment. Past memories came back, those with promises, sacrifices and pain. I opened my eyes and looked at Chen.

“Why don’t you find out yourself?” I said still looking at Chen. I think he knows. He knows that I was struggling inside, that I was in pain. “Isn’t that part of your job? Searching, tracking and capturing?”

“Huh?”

“You have the resources to find her, why ask me?” I turned and looked at him. “Use your resources like when you are working.”

“Rin-“

“I can’t find anything! They have everything covered! There are no clues!” Tao exclaimed, he was beginning to panic.

“Rin, please. I beg you. Just this once.”

“What in it for me? If you want me to help you, it must benefit both parties.” Though I didn’t want to do it, a part of me wanted to help him. But I won’t do it for free.

 

``````~~~~~``````


 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 

Sorry for the late update!!! I sort of had a writers block, I didn't know how to continue the story. I wrote whatever came to mind and edited it here and there. I hope it doesn't disappoint you all.  >.<

To the 50 subscribers, thank you for subscribing!!!!