014

Just Like You

Italic are their thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I walked into the house with arms full of bags again, courtesy by Miss Lu Xue Hwa. She can shop all day, sometimes not eating at all. I dreaded my job nowadays, I even called uncle asking if I could change client. ‘Rin, I know it’s hard but bear with it for a while more.’ Was all he said along with something it’s for the organisation. Now I’m stuck with her for I don’t know how long more.

I know I said it before, but I’ll say it again. I felt like a maid and not a bodyguard. They could just hired a maid to follow her around, holding her stuff and making sure she eats on time. It felt like a waste of my time seriously.

I placed her bags down in the living room and rubbed my arms a little, releasing the tension in them. Then I heard D.O shouting from the kitchen.

“We need to go grocery shopping now. There is practically nothing inside!” he came out of the kitchen.

“Kyungsoo, can’t we do that tomorrow?” Chanyeol asked eyes fixed onto the TV screen. It was one of the times where they didn’t need to do anything and enjoy their day off.

“Sure, no dinner for you.” he snapped. Wow. He loves the kitchen but I could understand. Their kitchen was beautiful with an island in the centre. It was equipped with electric appliances, oven, coffee maker, induction cooker, everything. For someone who loves cooking, it was THE dream kitchen.

“What? I wanted to eat your spaghetti today!” Chanyeol finally broke away from the TV. I placed the bags down next to the sofa.

“What do you need?” I asked. Since I was already dressed I might as well help them get the groceries. My hot chocolate and tea needed replenishing.

“Rin you just came back. I can’t send you out again.”

“I’ll be fine.” I waved. “Just give me the list.”

“Get someone to go with you.” Suho said as he came down. “You need help carrying the bags.” I know that they were busy, Kai and Sehun were on a stakeout that means they won’t be back until later. Suho, Chen and Baekhyun were doing something in the study, work related. The others I didn’t now. Xue would most likely be in Luhan’s room or Kris’s room. Lay and Xiumin may be sleeping while Tao is probably practising somewhere. D.O and Chanyeol were resting since it’s their day off. They came back half dead yesterday. I didn’t want to bother them.

“I’ll manage.” D.O handed over the list and I scanned through it. It wasn’t that bad.

“I’ll ask Chen to follow you.”

“No, it’s fine. I’ll be back in a jiffy.” I put on my shoes and grabbed my wallet. “Just send someone down later when I arrive.” And with that I was out of the house again.

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

“Carrots, curry, spaghetti, tomatoes.” I read out the list and checked if I had everything. I smiled once I had everything and headed for the cashier. I did struggle a bit with the bags but managed to make it halfway back before someone called me.

“Se Rin?” I turned around to be greeted by someone I didn’t want to meet. I turned around and walked away fast but was stopped by him.

“It’s really you.” he said as he came over, his hands stuck inside his pockets. “You’ve changed a lot.” I saw him scanning me, and I felt uncomfortable.

“I have no time to talk to you.” I started to walk but he stepped right in front of me, blocking me from moving any further.

“But I have. Come on, for old times’ sake?” he smirked.

“I have nothing to say to you, Jaebom.” I step one side only to be blocked by him again.

“Aww, don’t be a spoil sport.” He grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the apartment. “We have catching up to do.” I struggled but with the bags in my hands, I couldn’t get out of his grip.

“Let go.” He held on tighter and I was going further away.

“Let go of me you freak!” I raised my voice and he pulled me harder.

“What did you call me?” he glared at me.

“A freak.” I stared back at him. I was actually really worried what he was going to do next. He didn’t have the best reputation around since high school.

“You are dead.” He pulled me along while I fought back. Suddenly I was pulled backwards, making him stop in his tracks. I turned around and saw Kris standing there.

“She said let go.” he just scoffed.

“Who are you?”

“She said to let go.” From his tone, I could tell he was almost threatening him.

“Jaebom you better let go before I call the police.”

“You wouldn’t do that.” He smirked. “You wouldn’t dare, you never did.” I felt my anger boil and I clenched my fist.

“Try me. I’m not who I used to be.” I glared at him. “You can be taken in for kidnapping. You see that camera there?” he turned and saw the camera on the lamp post.

“Probably caught what you had done a few minutes ago, taking a girl against her will. Once the police sees this, you are so dead. You will be charged.” I hissed.

He stared at me for a while before laughing.

“You are not going to get away with this.” He said in a low voice before turning away. Once he was gone from sight, I breathe out, I didn’t realised I was holding my breath until now.

I looked at Kris and he stared at me. I felt shivers down my spine. If a stare could kill, I’ll be dead by now. I turned around and walked back to the apartment. He grabbed the bags from my left hand and carried it.

“You should have asked one of us to accompany you.” he said and walked in front of me. Why was he being like this? We reached home and I was greeted by D.O.

“Took you long enough.” He took the bags from me and ran to the kitchen. Kris followed closely behind.

“Sorry. I met someone I didn’t want to see so I took a longer route.” I lied. I suddenly felt someone’s stare behind my head. I knew who it was. I rubbed my arms and when it reached my wrist, it hurt a bit. Looking down I realised that there was a bruise, more like a hand mark from Jaebom. I hid it quickly and hoped that no one saw it.

“I’ll be in my room.” D.O nodded and I turned around only to be stopped by Kris.

“Do you know what you did just now was dangerous?” he said it softly but it was loud enough for me and D.O to hear.

“What do you mean?” He looked at me, I just gave him a small smile. Kris didn’t reply him.

“You do know that that camera is not working right?”

“Yes.” I couldn’t look at him in the eye, his gaze was too intense.

“You took a gamble?”

“Yes. And he fell for it.” I finally looked at him in the eye.

“What if he didn’t take it? Where would you be right now?” he walked closer to me and I moved backwards, my back hit the counter.

“I’m here now. That’s all that matters.” I glanced at him.

“That was dangerous.” He raised his voice a little. I raised my eyebrows and looked at him. Never in my time staying here had I heard him raise his voice. D.O’s eye were about to pop out of its sockets. He was as shocked as I was.

“What’s going on here?” Suho came in with Lay and Baekhyun.

“What if he did something else huh?” I blinked my eyes, not knowing what to answer. “You are a GIRL. Why didn’t you let one of us follow you?” I felt something inside me boiling, anger.

“Don’t under estimate me.” I said. “I can defend myself.”

“But you WEREN'T doing that just now.” his raised his voice louder and soon everyone came out of their rooms.

“I couldn’t with the bags. Without them I can very well DEFEND myself.”

“You let him DRAG YOU AWAY!”

“But he DIDN'T did he? If he DID I wouldn’t be HERE now. And even if he did, I could STOP him on my own.” I raised my voice a little and glared at him.

“Woah, what’s going on here?” Suho stood in between us. “We e-erm can talk things out calmly.”

“There is nothing to talk about.” I said still looking at him.

“Oh yeah?” he challenged me, I was really angry. What did I do wrong?

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?” I exploded. “WHY ARE YOU BEING LIKE THIS? ALL OF YOU?” I needed answers, not questions shot back at me.

“Seeing how you were BEING DRAGGED AWAY, I have my DOUBTS whether you can PROTECT Xue or not.” I scoffed.

“So is this about Xue?” I looked at him disbelievingly. “It’s about HER?”

“What gives you the RIGHT to say that I can’t PROTECT her? Have you seen me in action? My resume or achievements? I have WORKED with more famous people and they are still fine, living, enjoying their life. I had WORSE cases than this. I had KIDNAPPER, MURDERER, and SERIAL KILLER but my clients are all still ALIVE now. I am a TRAINED BODYGUARD!” no one said a word. “And was it wrong for me to be CONSIDERATE? Since I’m already dressed, I might as well help you guys buy the groceries. IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?”

“Yes, you should have let one of us go instead.”

“Yeah, like ANYONE OF YOU WOULD WANT TO GO OUT.” I spat back. “Everyone in the house is either BUSY WITH WORK or JUST PLAIN LAZY that they DON'T WANT TO STEP FOOT OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE! It’s their DAY OFF for goodness sake, instead of relaxing and enjoying your time off, do you think they would want to go grocery shopping? WOULD YOU?”

“Do you think I WANTED to be PULLED AWAY by him? All I wanted was to BRING BACK THE GROCERIES SO THAT YOU GUYS CAN HAVE DINNER EARLY! I didn’t want to trouble you all because you are all already tired and drained from work. WAS IT WRONG FOR ME TO DO THAT?” he didn’t say anything after that. The rest remained quiet as well, probably surprise from my outburst. “I was being considerate and what did I get back? That was a waste of my time and money.” I turned around and left the room.

“Are you not having dinner with us?” D.O asked and I stopped.

“I’m not hungry.” I climbed the stairs and went to my room, slamming the door behind me.

I was furious, frustrated and confused. Why did he say those things that triggered me off? I didn’t know why I had a sudden outburst, it was unusual for me to shout and get all angry like that. I was usually calm and collected.

“Argh!” I punched my pillow and sat there in silence.

 

``````~~~~~``````


 

D.O POV

I didn’t know what to do. This was my first time seeing Kris hyung all heated up. He raised his voice at Rin who did nothing wrong at all from my perspective. Something happened on the way back from the mart.

“I was being considerate and what did I get back? That was a waste of my time and money.”  She turned around and left the room.

‘Time and money?’

“Are you not having dinner with us?” I asked.

“I’m not hungry.” I watched her as she climbed the stairs. She slammed the door behind her. The whole house shook.

“What happened?” Suho hyung asked.

“Nothing.” Kris hyung hissed and ran his hand through his hair.

“Hyung.” He looked at me. “Why are you angry?”

“I am not angry.” But his face said otherwise. His eyebrows were fused together and he was frowning slightly.

“Wait, did you just ask him if he is angry?” Chen looked at me like I had three heads.

“Yeah why?”

“Hyung.” He paused. “He can’t feel emotions.” he said softly and that’s when it hit me. Chen hyung was right, he can’t feel emotions, and he can’t express them.

“Then how did he-“ my voice trailed off. He was angry, and everyone in the room was a witness. We had never seen him like that before.

“What is this sorcery?” I heard Chaneyol hyung whisper. Everyone was as confused as I am. Kris hyung doesn’t seem to realise it.

“Kyungsoo make dinner.” Suho hyung said and dismissed everyone. Kris hyung just sat at the table, still feeling angry I think.

I went to unpack the groceries and noticed the receipt at the bottom of the plastic bags. I scanned through the items and then it dawn on me what she meant when she said it was a waste of her time and money.

She paid for the groceries with her own money. I didn’t pass her cash to buy the food. I was too caught up, writing down the list and other stuff I left out the money. Looking through the list again, I noticed a few items that wasn’t in the original list. Those were each member’s favourite snacks or food. She took notice of these stuff and I can’t help but feel touched.

I now knew how she felt. Spending your own money and buying other peoples favourite items and taking time to buy it for them on their behalf but instead of getting a simple thanks, you get questions thrown back at you.

That feeling .

She must have been so upset and I felt bad. She is really a nice girl, someone worthy being a friend off. I wanted to thank her and make her eat dinner as well, it’s not good to skip your meals. I got down to business and made dinner. I made her dinner separately, hoping she will like it.

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

Your POV:

I heard a knock on my door, I didn’t answer it. I didn’t want to, I wasn’t in the mood to. I was pissed off, he accused me of not being able to do my job. That was the worst kind of insult ever.

“Rin? It’s Jongin. Can I come in?”

“No.”

“Rin, come on. I just want to talk to you. I had a horrible day at work.”

“I had a more horrible day then you.” he was quiet after that. Then I heard another voice.

“Hey, hyung made dinner. He made this dish especially for you.”

“Yeah, we rarely get to eat this. Gosh does it smell good.”

“I’m not hungry.” I said louder.

“If you won’t open the door, I’ll break it down.” I knew from his tone that he meant it.

“Just leave me alone.” I screamed into my pillow.” I wanted to be left alone. Why couldn’t they understand it? My door suddenly opened and I groan into the pillow.

“Special delivery for Han Se Rin. Specially made by chef Do. It’s on the house.” Jongin grinned and placed the tray on my side table before sitting on my bed, Sehun sat on the other side.

“Come on, just eat a bit. We heard what happened just now, don’t be angry okay?” Sehun held my hand and started to massage it slowly.

“It’s going to take a while.” I said.

“Huh? I can’t hear you. The pillow is blocking.”

“I said it’s going to take a while.”

“I can’t hear.” Sehun said. I pulled the pillow away.

“I said it’s going to take a while.” I glared at them.

“Come here.” Jongin pulled me into a hug. “Hyung isn’t like that most of the time. You can say that he rarely blows up. Try to understand him okay? He has a lot on his plate now.”

“Like I don’t have mine. Try taking care of a 21 year old who behaves like a 5 year old spoilt brat for 24/7.” I sighed. “I’m tired from taking care of her. They should just have hired a maid. I am a bodyguard but they are making me do what maids do for a living. Okay, fine, I didn’t complain and just went ahead with it but do I get anything in return? NO! All I get is people bossing me around, or accuses of me not taking care of her properly. I mean she just got a small cut, not even stitches and they blame me for not protecting her. She got cuts while I got worse. What logic is this?” I felt tear welling up and my frustrations were overwhelming. I was so stressed out. I let everything out.

“What do you mean?” he pulled back and I looked at him. He was concern about me.

“You got worse?” Sehun asked. “Where?” I lifted my shirt up, revealing a purple blue black bruise which took up almost half my side. I watch as their eyes widened in shock.

“Rin! Why didn’t you tell us?”

”What good will it do? And it happened before I met you.” I let go of my top, it fell into place, covering my bruise.

“Have you seen the doctor?” I shook my head.

“It’s just a bruise. No internal bleeding or anything. I don’t feel funny or anything. I’ll be fine.”

“B-but-“

“Don’t tell them. Nothing good will come out of it even if you tell them. Besides, it’s healing.” I leaned back against my bed rest.

“Okay, what in the past is in the past.” Sehun said. “Please eat dinner hmmm?” he looked at me. “Hyung made it especially for you, saying that he wanted to thank you.”

Jongin then took the tray and placed it in front of me. It was a simple prawn Aglio olio with kimchi. It looked absolutely delicious. I glanced at them and they nodded, encouraging me to eat it. Slowly I took up the fork and twirled a bit before placing it into my mouth. It was the best Aglio olio I had. I started to eat more and more I saw both of them smiling away. Talking to them help me relieve a bit of stress inside. I was still angry but about half was gone.

I finished the food and they said their goodnights. I stared at my empty room when I started to feel numb. My whole body was starting to feel numb, there was a tingly feeling as well. It lasted for a few minutes.

‘That was weird.’ I looked down at my arms and legs, clenching my fist and moving my toes, they were perfectly fine.

“What’s wrong?” I turn and saw her standing next to my bed.

“Oh hey, where have you been?” I smiled. “My body just went numb for a minute. Its fine now.” her expression stiffened.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

“Nothing.” She smiled sadly.

“How old are you?” I was really curious, she looked really young.

“I’m 27.”

“That means you are my eonnie. What should I call you?” she smiled.

“It’s up to you.”

“Okay, Qian.” I smiled as that made me feel closer to her. I didn’t bother to brush up and laid down in bed.

“Qian?”

“Hmmm?”

“Could you hum that tune again? You know the one at the balcony where I first met you?”

I looked at her and she sat on my bed. She started to hum that tune and her voice was melodious, it was calming and soothing. There was something very familiar about it but I couldn’t remember. Slowly I closed my eyes but the images from my previous dreams kept popping up, preventing me from sleeping. I laid there with my eyes closed, waiting for the night to end.

 

``````~~~~~``````



 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jaebom?? Haahahah, I needed a name so I just used it.

Thanks for subscribing:) Subscribe and comment below.