06

Just Like You

Words in Blue are in Chinese.

Italic are their thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kris POV:

“I wish our break is longer. There are things that I want to do.” Tao sighed.

“It is still a break, enjoy it while you can.” Chen nudged him as they came out of the lift, heading to their apartment.

“It’s only 3 days.” He pouted.

“Better than nothing.”

“Who is that?” Xiumin pointed to a lady sitting outside our apartment, surrounded by bags of all size. Upon hearing voices, she looked up and broke into a smile as she stood up.

Ge ge!” She squealed and ran to Luhan giving him a big hug. Luhan seems surprised.

Mei? What are you doing here?

I’m here to see you.” She smiled. “To see my favourite brothers.” She looked at lay and smiled. Lay just looked back at her, giving her a small smile.

Where are you staying?

With you!

“What?” The other members gaped at her. She looked at them like she has seen them for the first time.

“Let’s go in first.” Luhan punched in the code and enter the house, once inside he spoke.

“Guys, this is my sister, Lu Xue Hwa.” I looked at her, she is pretty. She has similar features to Luhan, like their eyes.

“Mei, this is Xiumin.” He pointed. “The one standing next to him is Chen.” Chen waved.

“You already know Yixing. The one behind him is Tao.”

Hello.” Her eyes widen.

You speak Chinese?” Luhan laughed.

Of course, he is Chinese. Lastly, the one seating there is Kris.” He pointed to me. She looked at me for a long time, with open.

“Mei, close your mouth or flies will fly in.” she nodded and closed it while looking at me.

“You can’t stay here.” She snapped her head to Luhan’s direction.

Why?

As you can see, we are all males.

But I want to stay with you.” She whined.

They may be uncomfortable.”

But-“ she looked like she was going to cry. I caught Lay rolling his eyes.

I came all the way here to see you because I missed you.” She said as tears welled up. Luhan saw it and started to panic.

Mei, not what I’m saying. I’m saying you can see me but you can’t stay here in this house. I can book a hotel for you.” that’s her tears started to fall and the other members looked worried.

“Luhan, we will be fine. Let her stay.” Xiumin spoke up. “I mean she is not staying for a long time, a short while should be fine. We can adjust.” In case you are wondering how we can understand their conversation in Chinese is well, we have Chinese members and that we studied Chinese. All of them are fluent in it.

“Are you sure?” Luhan looked worried. Xiumin nodded.

“We have an extra room upstairs. We just need to clean it up a bit.” Chen said.

Mei, don’t cry, they agreed to let you stay.” She looked up at Luhan. “I want you to be on your best behaviour, do you understand.

Yes!” She jumped up and hugged him tightly, smiling like she never cried in the first place. Luhan just broke into a smile as he hugged her. He really adored his sister and she is here to see him, he must be feeling like he is on cloud nine. The others smiled at the sight and left to clean up the spare room, I stood up and walked to the stairs.

“Hello.” She stepped in front of me. I blinked at her.

“I’m Xue Hwa. Nice to meet you.” She smiled. I nodded and moved pass her.

“Wait. How old are you? I want to get to know you more.” She held onto my arm, making me feel uncomfortable. I slowly pried her fingers off my arm and walked off not caring to reply her question.

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

Do they know that you are here?” Luhan suddenly asked a question during dinner.

Who?” she looked up from her plate.

“Our parents.”

No.” she smiled and went back to her food.

“Okay, that’s go- wait what?’ he exclaimed.

They don’t know.” she replied. “I left a note though. They should be reading it about now.”

This girl left home, more like slip away from home. And from what I remembered, Luhan said that his sister was really precious in his family, his family’s gem. Now that the princess is not home, the whole family will be in a state of crisis.

Why did you leave like that? You know tha-“ he was cut off by his phone. He looked at the screen and immediately picked up.

Hello?

I know. She is here with me.” he ran his hand through his hair. “I didn’t know she’s coming. I got a shock when I saw her outside my apartment.” He frowned and he looked worried.

What? Is she okay? That’s good.

Yes, I know what needs to be done. Don’t worry, bye.” He hung up and sighed.

Mei, don’t do that again. Mama collapsed when she heard that you can’t be found.

Sorry.” She looked down at her food.

“This will not do, we need to hire a bodyguard.” Everyone at the table stopped eating, Tao choked on his rice, Lay kindly patted his back.

Why?”  She asked.

“Because we can’t be with you every day. We have work to do.”

I don’t want. I want to be with you.” she put down her utensils and started to whine.

Mei.” He raised his voice. She immediately closed . “It’s for your safety.” Seeing that she didn’t reply, he took it as a yes.

“It’s settled then.”

We continued to eat dinner, every now and then, Chen will crack a joke, making them laugh, easing off the tension between the siblings. It’s going to be tough for the next few days, since Luhan needs to research for the best bodyguard service. That means we will have to be her bodyguards until he hires one.

‘There goes my break.’

``````~~~~~``````

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

So let's just presume that Luhan's sister can understand and speak Korean.

Another chapter up.

Comment and subscribe.