03

Just Like You

 

Your POV

They were coming out of the club with men captured and ladies covered with blankets.

“Have you taken pictures?” I whispered while looking ahead at the scene, taking in every detail.

“Working on it.” the older twin said as he began snapping away, hiding the camera from the officers. Thank goodness there was a crowd that we could blend into.

I looked at every one of them and tried to remember their faces, in case we cross paths again in the future. I forgot to mention that I had photographic memory. Well you can say that I was born with a sharp memory. I could easily remember details and my parents decided to make use of it and trained me from young. I must say that they are a good looking bunch of people and talented too. For them to find and capture Min Joon in 2 days shows that they are very efficient and a very good strategist.

He and took a few more pictures. We need to work fast in order not to get caught. From the sides, there was a guy directing the flow of the whole process, he was dressed in casual clothes. Another 2 plain clothes agents went up to him and they pointed to the ambulance where one of them was receiving treatment on his arm. He waved back at them smiling.

‘They must be M. Is he the leader?’

He had a very young looking face, could have passed off as a 21 year old. He had brown hair and big eyes.

“Got it, let’s go.” he quickly kept his camera. My phone rang.

“Rin, 2 o'clock.” The younger one said through the phone.

“Okay, let’s split. Do not, I repeat, do not catch their attention.” I felt him touch my back, a signal that tells me they understand.

“Got it.” he whispered before removing his hand. I waited for a while before leaving.

“2 o’clock. Hot.” He said over the phone.

“Okay.” I whispered before turning to that direction and met eyes with one of them. He was wearing a black coat and a white dress shirt matched with black jeans and boots. He looked right at me and I looked back, putting on my poker face. He had fair skin and his eyes drooped down a little. He could pass as an average person but his eyes said a different thing. They were focused and sharp.

‘He is different. I have to be careful.’

“Rin, you need to leave now!” I heard over the phone.

“Where are you now? Gangnam? You stay right there, I’m on my way.” I hung up the phone call and walked off, with all their faces memorised.

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

- The Next Day -

“So, what did you find?”

I pressed the button on the remote and a picture appeared on the screen. “They are M. there about 5 of them from what I saw. But we had tips from earlier saying that there are 6.”

“Go on.” I changed to another picture.

“He was giving people directions, he is most likely to be the leader.” I changed the slides a few more times, showing the faces for M. We stared at them for a while, I remembered how they looked like but we don’t have their names as of yet, only their group names.

“They are very efficient, finding Min Joon in 2 days.” The older twin added on.

“From my location, that guy is very sharp. He was looking right at Rin, I was so worried that she will get caught.” The younger one stated as he pointed to that person.

“Okay, you are free now. Daeryong and Soryong, I need you guys to do something, Rin you can go back first.”

"Thanks uncle. See you boys later." I left the office smiling. Time to put my plan into action.

 

``````~~~~~``````

 

Kris pov

I woke up with my heart was racing.

I had the same dream again. This time, it was much clearer and it felt so real.

I had her in my arms and we were watching the sun set from a distance. Her hair was blowing in the wind and she look absolutely lovely. Her face was still blur but there was a weird thing inside of me made me feel warm, her smile.

‘What is this? It keeps getting clearer and clearer, it almost felt real.’

I shook my head and got out of bed to wash up. I went downstairs where the others have already gathered.

“Hyung is awake, finally!” Chen exclaimed, earning a wrack on the head by Xiumin.

“He needed it. Good afternoon.” He smiled and I looked at the clock, it was 2 in the afternoon, meaning I slept for 13 hours straight.

“Sorry.”

“You needed it.” Luhan pat my shoulder.

“Now eat your brunch, hyung.” Lay placed a plate of food in front of me. I nodded at him and he smiled.

“Since it’s our day off, let’s go out. It’s been so long since we went out, just us without missions.” Xiumin suggested. Chen and Tao cheered and suggested going to the mall. Everyone agreed except me.

In the end, I was dragged out of the house by Tao. The six of us made our way to the nearest shopping mall.

“Let’s go inside here.” Chen grabbed Xiumin and the others followed, I just stood outside.

“Hyung, why aren’t you going inside?” I turned and found Lay looking at me.

“I don’t want to.”

“Then I’ll wait with you.” he lean against the wall and stood next to me.

“You don’t have to, go and shop. You deserve it.”

“I can do that anytime. I don’t feel like doing that now.” He didn’t say anything after that, there was this silence that was pleasant to my ears. I looked at him again, he was frowning and spacing out. It seems like he was thinking about something.

“You okay?” he didn’t respond.

“Lay.” I poked him, he turn to my direction. “Huh?”

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, just thinking about something.”

“Okay.” I knew better than to probe further. When the time is right, he will tell me. I looked at my watch, it has only been 10 minutes. Time is sure passing really slowly.

“I’ll walk around.”

``````~~~~~``````


 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Chapter 2 was short.