What about a pet?

Drabble collection: TaoHun edition

"How about we get a pet?" Tao suggested as he glanced over at his boyfriend who was still lying in bed. "I mean, it would be nice to have some company when you're at work. I get lonely when no one else is around."

Sehun shook his head. "You know how I feel about pets, Taozi. The answer is still the same as always. No."

The panda-eyed male pouted as he finished applying the eyeliner around his eyes before spinning fully around on his chair to stare at Sehun. Tao had brought up the suggestion about a pet multiple times but the younger always gave him the same answer. No, no, no and no. He wasn't sure why Sehun always said no but he knew it wasn't fair. Sehun probably thought Tao wouldn't be able to handle taking care of a pet seeing as he could barely take care of himself sometimes. But that wasn't true at all. Tao could take care of himself and a pet, especially a cute little pet he could call his own and would keep him company when his loving boyfriend wasn't around.

"Sehun come on! I'll take great care of it, I promise." Tao pleaded with puppy eyes.

"The last time we had a fish, it died within a month because you forgot to feed it. What makes you think I would let you get a pet that requires more responsibilty than to just feed it? The answer will and will always be no." Sehun said as he pulled himself out of bed to get ready for classes and then work right after. "You can always visit me at the cafe during my shift if you get bored, okay? Minseok hyung wouldn't mind, he even offered you a job if you wanted it."

Tao stood up from his chair so he could walk to their shared closet to pick out his outfit for the day. He decided on a pair of skin tight black jeans and a loose fitting printed tee. "I don't want a job, I want a pet but you always tell me no."

Sehun was behind him suddenly, his arms wrapping loosely around Tao's waist and resting his chin on his shoulder. The younger pressed feather light kisses along the column of the panda-eyed male's neck before glancing up to look at his boyfriend through the mirror attached to their closest door. "Pet's are a big responsibility, baby."

"I know that but I promise I can take care of one if you would only say yes." Tao pouted with his arms crossed over his chest, refusing to look his lover in the eye.

The younger only sighed before letting go of Tao so he could slip on something halfway decent for classes. "We'll continue this later. If you want, come by the cafe tonight and I'll convince Minseok hyung to give you some food 'cause I'm working till closing and don't want you to have to eat alone." Sehun pressed a kiss to Tao's lips before grabbing his bag from the floor and heading to the kitchen. Tao trailed behind him, sitting down at the table as Sehun made coffee for the two of them. He set Tao's favorite coffee mug in front of him, it was a cute little white cup with anime pandas all around, and poured the rest into a mug he could take with him. "I have to go now. See you later, baby."

Tao just watched him go, thinking about ways to get around the no pet rule his boyfriend had given him.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Tao did in fact go to Minseok hyung's cafe after he was done walking around town and dropping by a few stores that caught his attention. By the time he left and was halfway home, it started raining lightly before becoming a downpour. Tao had to stop and try to catch a cab but a noise in the alleyway beside him caught his attention. Asking the cab driver to wait he went over to investigate. There in soaked box was a kitten. It was a tiny little thing, completely black except for his two front paws and his eyes were blue from what Tao could tell in the little light his phone gave. "Aren't you the cutest thing ever!" Tao squealed while picking up the little kitten, "But you're soaking wet. Poor thing, I'll take you home and get you all dried up and even give you some food. How about it?"

Tucking the thing into his already soaked jacket, Tao rushed back to the street and jumped into the cab. He gave the address to the driver before turning his attention back to the creature hiding out in his clothes. It took all of fifteen minutes to reach home. Tao paid the cab driver and bowed a little before heading up to his and Sehun's shared apartment.

Once inside, Tao headed straight for the bathroom, grabbing a towl on the way. He set the kitten down in the tub watching as it scurried around trying to get out. Giggling a little he turned the water on making sure it wasn't to hot or to cold for the kitten. "There we go darling. Just right."

It took nearly thirty minutes to finally give the thing a proper bath but it was accomplished with hard work and determination. Even drying the kitten was a struggle because he kept wiggling around and even managed to stratch up Tao's hands a little. Tao took the kitten out into the living room and set him on the floor before heading to the kitchen and grabbing some milk. After pouring some into a bowl shallow enough for the cat's small size, he headed back to the living room and set it down in front of the cat. The thing sniffed at it tentavely before lapping at it hesitantly. Tao could only smile down at the precious cutie before the ringing of his cellphone disrupted him. He had a text message from Sehun flashing on the screen telling him that he was almost home.

"Oh my gosh... I totally forgot about Sehun! What am I suppose to do, Panda?" Tao had already given the kitten a name even though he wasn't sure if Sehun would let him keep it. After all, cats were much more work than fish... "I can't think of anything to tell him-"

"Tell me what?" Sehun asked as he stood in the doorway. He hadn't noticed the kitten yet... Good. Tao still had a chance. But then the cat made a cute little purring noise and Sehun's attention was fully focused on it. "Tao... What is that?"

"Uh... What is what?" Tao asked rather dumbly.

"That," Sehun said pointing a finger at the cat, "little ball of fluff sitting beside our couch."

"It's a ball of yarn?"

"Tao, balls of yarn don't purr, move around or have big blue eyes." Sehun said after hanging up his jacket and setting his stuff down by the front door. "What did I tell you about pets?"

"Technically, he's not a pet... I just found him in an alley and-"

Sehun gaped. "You went into an alley? At night!? Taozi, that's dangerous!"

"It's no big deal, Sehun, really. The cab driver was right there so nothing would of happened. I just happened to find the kitten in a soaked cardboard box and I couldn't leave it there."

Sehun shook his head before glancing at the kitten once again. "It really is cute... I have to admit."

"Does that mean Panda can stay?" Tao asked excitedly.

"Panda? You already named it?" Sehun gave Tao a sideways glare.

Tao nodded rather hesitantly before giving his best puppy dog eyes. "Please can she stay? I'll do anything if you say yes."

"..."

"Pretty please?"

"... Fine."

"YES! Thank you so much, Sehun! I love you!" Tao cried happily as he through his arms around Sehun's neck and pressed kisses all over the younger's face.

"Yeah, yeah. Love you too."

And that's how the story of Panda becoming a part of Sehun and Tao's little family came to be a reality.

A/N: Yo, yo, yo~ Like promised, here is the other update for today ^^ It was like three pages on my laptop but that doesn't mean anything... I was watching American Horror Story while writing this... Two totally different things but whatever... I'm going to go sleep now or read fanfiction whichever I feel like, not sure yet. :D Leave a comment, okay?

Thank you so much for the subscribers and comments, they mean a lot to me<3

Random Fact about the Author: Tao is my ultimate bias. I love him so much :3 He's is the cutest thing ever~ Ever since the time EXO first debuted he's been on the top of my list ^^ Not just for his looks but also his personality. How can someone be that precious??? Anyway, who's your ultimate bias? :D

Until tomorrow, have a good night/day~! See you soon^^