In the eyes of another

Drabble collection: TaoHun edition

 

 

            Luhan was used to the constant school changes. So used to it in fact that he could probably tell the whole ‘introduce the new kid to his new environment so he won’t stand out’ routine down to the very last word. So when he finally entered the fifth new school within a year after bidding fair well to his mother, he was surprised to be greeted by a lanky teen with a mop of wild black hair and a face void of emotion. To say Luhan was questioning whether this kid was qualified as the usual new kid greeter wasn’t far off. From his experience, Luhan was use to the happy go lucky kid whose smile was blinding. Not some kid who looked ready to kill at any given moment.

 

            Despite the initial shock of being greeted some creepy stranger, Luhan decided it was best to introduce himself. “Uh, hi. I’m Luhan the-“

 

            “New kid, right? I’m Sehun. I have the honor of introducing you to this lovely establishment but I have things to do, so let’s make this quick. K?” The kid, Sehun, said in quick precision already turning on his heel to head down the hall. “As you know, this is the Seoul High School and you must be one heck of a great student if your application was accepted. That or your parents paid your way in?”

 

            The look sent in his direction warranted an answer so Luhan complied. “I made it in on my own… My parents don’t believe in the whole paying people off thing.”

 

            Sehun gave a curt nod. “Good. That leaves me with a few select groups that I can introduce you to so that you’ll fit in. You’re a senior, correct? That means that most of your classes will be on the fifth floor with the exception of lunch and if you’re signed up for any physical education credit. I’m a freshman. If you need me for any questions, which I prefer you try and keep to yourself, you can find me on the second floor with the rest of freshman. Any questions?”

 

            “Uh…” Luhan looked down at the class schedule and map of the fifth floor that Sehun had unceremoniously shoved into his hands mid-rant with a little confusion. From what he could see, the classrooms were all over the place on the fifth floor and without help he was likely to get lost. “Could you maybe help me find some of these classrooms? This just looks like a mess and I don’t want to get lost on my first day…”

 

            Sehun rolled his eyes. “What do I look like to you? Some tour guide? The only reason I’m here is because the person who was supposed to be showing you around was too busy to show you around. I told you the basics so you should be good to go. It’s not my problem if you can’t handle the struggles of a new place.”

 

            “Wait…” Luhan was about to argue back but was cut off by a high-pitched squeal and a blur throwing itself at Sehun.

 

            “Sehunnie! Where have you been? You promised to walk with me to school today but you were already gone…” There holding onto Sehun like a koala was another tall but lanky boy with styled blonde hair and panda eyes that were rimmed with the faintest amount of eyeliner. “Is it because you’re already tired of me, Sehunnie?”

 

            “Babe, that’s not it. I told you that I had to introduce the new kid today. Or were you not paying attention?”

 

            Luhan couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw the faintest of smiles make its way onto Sehun’s lips while the freshman wrapped an arm loosely around the newcomer’s waist.

 

            “How could I pay attention when you were- Wait. New student?” The newcomer whipped his head around so fast so that he could look at Luhan with those sharp, cat-like eyes. “So you’re the new kid? You don’t look Korean… Oh!” The boy let go of Sehun so that he could move closer to Luhan. The blonde grabbed his hands before switching over from Korean to rapid Chinese. “You’re Chinese, right? This is great! Wait until you meet Yifan and Yixing ge! They’ll be so happy to meet you. They’re really fun. Oh! Are you older than me? Of course you are. Can I call you ge? Is that okay?”

 

            “Whoa there, Taozi. Give him some space. It looks like he’s about ready to pass out.” Sehun chided while gently tugging ‘Taozi’ away from Luhan. “You didn’t even properly introduce yourself.”

 

            ‘Taozi’ looked shocked. “Oh gosh, you’re right! I’m so sorry. I’m Zitao but please, call me Tao, everyone else does.”

 

            Luhan was just overcoming the onslaught of words from the newly introduced Tao that he nodded, barely managing to reply with his name.

 

            “He’s also my boyfriend.” Sehun interjected when wrapping his arm back around his boyfriend’s waist, pressing a kiss against the blonde’s cheek with a happy smile. “So don’t try anything, got it?”

 

            “Wouldn’t think of it…” Luhan managed to answer back, feeling uncomfortable with the way that Sehun was glaring at him. “So… Want to introduce me to those guys you said I would fit in with? Maybe they’ll help me since you don’t seem to want to…”

 

            Tao smacked Sehun’s arm lightly. “You were going to let him go off by himself? That’s so rude, Sehunnie.”

 

            “What? I was trying to make it so that we could have some alone time before class, of course I would turn him down when he asked me to show him around.” Sehun tried to defend himself from his pouting boyfriend. “Did you really want me to accept his offer? That would mean more time apart from you, my love. And I couldn’t stand it if I couldn’t spend all of my available time with you.” Sehun nudged his nose against Tao’s chin and Luhan could barely contain his look of disgust at the affection from someone who earlier had no trace of emotion what so ever. “Besides it was Joonmyeon hyung’s job, not mine.”

 

            “Whatever, Sehunnie.” Tao said with a roll of his eyes, twisting himself out of his boyfriend’s arms that were acting like a cage around his waist. He turned to Luhan with that cute and endearing smile of his before grabbing his hand and dragging him away from Sehun who followed behind them reluctantly. “Come on, Luhan. I’ll introduce you to our friends. They’re a bit crazy but you’ll grow to love them.”

 

            Luhan wasn’t sure how his life at this new school would go but if his possible new friends were anything like the couple (even though it was mostly on Tao’s part) who had befriended him then he was sure he was in for one heck of a ride.

 

            Author's Note: Hello my darlings! Just something small for right now. ^^ I hope you enjoy the chapter! <3 (Thanks to all of you who subscribed and upvoted! Keep commenting too, I like hearing what you have to say. :) ~ Chibi-Idol