Cheesy Idiot

Drabble collection: TaoHun edition

Tao was propped up on his bed, watching another episode of a drama he was hooked on when his phone made a little 'ding' sound to notify him that he had recieved a text message. He rolled around to grab his phone from where he had laid it on his night stand, swiping across the screen without checking who the message was from.

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Unknown Number

// If you were a tropical fruit, you'd be a Fine-apple!

 

"What the heck?" Tao said to no one in particular when reading the text message a second time. There was no way someone could be that cheesy, right? He looked at the sender ID again but didn't recognize the number. "I swear, if Baekhyun's handing out my number to random strangers again..."

 

//To: Unknown Number

//From: Huang ZiTao

// Who is this?

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Unknown Number

// Do you know what my shirt is made out of?

 

//To: Unknown Number

//From: Huang ZiTao

// No...? And I really don't care, I just want to know who you are...?

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Unknown Number

// My shirts are made of boyfriend material.

 

"What...?" Tao just stared down at his phone with no idea of what was really happening. His phone went off once again and he opened the new message a little hesitant.

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Unknown Number

// Are you a fruit, because Honeydew you know how fine you look right now?

 

//To: Unknown Number

//From: Huang ZiTao

// That's it. I saving the number under cheesy idiot until you answer. And you already used a line about fruit you know.

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Cheesy Idiot

// I will stop loving you when an apple grows from a mango tree on the 30th of February~

 

"I seriously do not no how to handle this..." Tao sighed. "Maybe I should go ahead and call Baek hyung and see if he handed out my number to anyone..."

He quickly searched for his hyung's number before hitting the call button. It rang only a few times before Baekhyun's sleepy voice picked up on the other end of the line. "Hello?"

"Hey, Baek hyung! Did you happen to hand out my number to random strangers again? Cause I keep getting these really strange messages with the cheesiest pick-up lines ever." Tao said quickly. "Oh yeah, this is Tao by the way. Did I wake you up?"

"Yeah, you did. I was taking a nap with Chanyeol and no, I didn't give your number out to anyone, why would you think I would?"

Tao shrugged before realizing that Baekhyun couldn't see him through the phone. "You've done it before Baek hyung. Well... I guess that's a dead end lead then. Thanks anyway, hyung. See you tomorrow."

He listened to Baekhyun grumble about 'no good maknaes' and 'waking me up from my beauty sleep' before hanging up. When he glanced at his messanger icon to see he had five new texts, all from the same number. His cheesy idiot, of course.

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Cheesy Idiot

// Are you a parking ticket? 'Cause you've got fine written all over you.

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Cheesy Idiot

// Was your dad a boxer? Cause you're a knockout!

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Cheesy Idiot

// If you were a vegetable you'd be a cute-cumber

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Cheesy Idiot

// You wanna know what's beautiful? Read the first word again.

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Cheesy Idiot

// When I first saw you I looked for a signature because every masterpiece has one

 

"Oh my gosh... I can't believe this is happening to me." Tao groaned while turning down the volume on his phone and hooking it up to it's charger. It was already eleven and he had school first thing in the morning and didn't feel like replying to the messages the person, whoever it was, had sent. He would deal with the problem when it came into light again. Which, with this text consistency, would probably be tomorrow morning and throught out the day.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The first thing Tao saw in the morning when looking at his phone was indeed another cheesy message.

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Cheesy Idiot

// Babe, your beauty makes the morning sun look like the dull glimmer of the moon.

 

//To: Cheesy Idiot

//From: Huang ZiTao

// Why?

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Cheesy Idiot

// Because I want too... And I do find you REAL fine ;)

 

//To: Cheesy Idiot

//From: Huang ZiTao

// You do realize I'm a guy, right?

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Cheesy Idiot

// Of course I do, babe. I see you all the time at school ;D

 

So Tao knew the boy then...

 

//To: Cheesy Idiot

//From: Huang ZiTao

// Are you in my classes?

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Cheesy Idiot

// All of them (/^p^)/

 

Someone who was in all his classes and had a chance to grab his number without any questions being asked by himself or his friends who would have told him if someone was asking around for his number.

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Cheesy Idiot

// You can always find out who I am easily you know!

 

//To: Cheesy Idiot

//From: Huang ZiTao

// Is that so?

 

//To: Huang ZiTao

//From: Cheesy Idiiot

// Just come downstairs and open your front door ;)

 

Tao was more confused than ever. Come downstairs and open the door to find out who his secret pick-up line sender was? He had about two hours before he would have to be at school, so it wouldn't hurt to go see, right? Unless the guy turns out to be a creep but he was sure his mother was still inside the house somewhere, if he were to scream she would hear it and come running. With his mind made up, Tao slipped a hoodie over his t-shirt before heading downstairs as quiet as he could. He took a deep breath when he reached the door then yanked it open to reveal.... no one. Not a single thing at all. "What the-"

Before he could get another word out a hand clamped down on his mouth while an arm wrapped around his waist from behind, pulling him against a firm, strong chest that he would know anywhere. "Saapmph!"

"What was that, babe?" The voice from the body that was pressed against his back whispered huskily. "Couldn't hear you."

Tao furrowed his brow, managing to yank the offending hand away from his mouth so he could say the boy's name without it being muffled. "I said, 'Sehun'!"

Chuckling, Sehun loosened his arm so that Tao could turn around and face him with a frown that the younger kissed off his lips. "What's wrong?"

"You scared me! What are you even doing here? I told you I would meet you at school today, didn't I?"

Sehun grinned. "But babe, you said you wanted to know who was sending all those cheesy pick-up lines, right? So here I am!"

Tao looked at him blankily for a bit before slapping Sehun lightly on the chest. "That was you sending all of those cheesy things? Why was it a different number?"

"I got a new phone yesterday after Jongin ran my old one over with his car, just happened that they switched my number too. Thought I should have some fun when I could. It's not like I used any of them when I asked you out so I decided now was the best time." Sehun shrugged before leaning forward and pressing a kiss to Tao's pouting lips. "Don't be mad, baby."

"I'm not mad... Just embarassed. Don't ever do anything like that again if you know what's good for you! Got it? I will end you." Tao threatened lightly

"Okay, okay. Understood." Sehun nodded with understanding.

"... Well, I'm going to go get ready now... Wait for me?"

"Always."

Tao smiled brightly, kissing Sehun full on the mouth before running up the stairs. He got to the top and turned around when Sehun called out his name. "What?"

"Life without you would be like a broken pencil... Pointless." Sehun grinned slyly when he saw the red spreading across Tao's face, and he couldn't tell if it was from embarassement or anger.

Let's just say that Sehun nearly had his head taken off when Tao had finished getting ready. Sehun's name was left as 'Cheesy Idiot' but Tao added on a little '<3' to show affection. And honestly, Tao didn't really mind all the those messages after all.

A/N: This update is a lot longer than the last one! Who else is proud of me? Cause I really wasn't expecting it to be this long when I started. XD So yeah... All of those cheesy pick of lines do not belong to me, I got them from a website called 'pickup lines galore' ... Lots and lots of pick up lines on there... Next chapter will be a Harry Potter!Au so please anticipate it~! <3 Well... It's after 11 p.m.(nearing 12 a.m.) here on the east coast and I was at work from 9-3 & 4-8 so I'm pratically asleep already while writing this A/N... But before I go, does anyone want one of these chapters to be extended into a short chaptered story? Just leave an answer in the comments, yes or no and which chapter you woould like to see as a chaptered story~

Thank you to those who upvoted, commented and subsrcibed to this story <3 See you soon!

Comments----> Faster updates (Feedback is my life...)