[1/2] Master Sehun? It's not what you think! Part 2!

Drabble collection: TaoHun edition

***A/N: So... There will be a part two to the part two XD Stay tuned! Drop comments! A big thank you to everyone who subscribed and commented <3 See you soon!***

“So how are you going to introduce Taozi here to rest of the gang?” Kai asked as he scratched behind Tao’s ear (One of the cat ears of course!), smiling when Tao curled up tighter to his side, purring in his sleep. “They are going to freak.”

 

            Sehun whipped his head up so fast from where he was working on his laptop to stare at Kai like he had grown a second head. “I’m not going to tell them a thing! Are you crazy?”

 

            “You can’t hide him forever, Sehun! Someone is bound to find out sooner or later, plus you can’t keep him locked up all the time! Poor Tao is going to go stir-crazy.” Kai said with a frown on his face. He didn’t really see the problem with introducing Tao to their friends. They were all great guys and pretty accepting of almost anything.

 

            “Hyung, there are obvious reasons as to why I can’t introduce Tao to the guys.” Sehun responded, turning his attention back to his laptop and away from what he labelled as ‘Kai’s crazy talk’ which happened to appear at random, a lot more lately when pushing the subject of introducing Tao to their friends.

 

            “Dude-“

 

            “-Kai, I’ve kept it a secret for almost two months now, I can keep it a little bit longer-“

 

            “-Yeah, but don’t you think they wonder why they can’t come over anymore?”

 

            “No-“

 

            “-They are too suspicious for their own good! I know they’re asking questions amongst themselves-“

 

            “-So?”

 

            “And so I’ve been lying to them for you! Because you aren’t smart enough to come up with excuses for them! I hate that I have to do it but Tao isn’t my secret to tell, it’s yours!”

 

            “...”

 

            “So?”

 

            Sehun sighed, falling back to rest against the couch with a heavy thump. “Are you really going to make me tell?”

 

            “Yes.”

 

            “... Fine...”

 

            “Good.” Kai was smirking by now, feeling accomplished with finally having a win in the ‘Introduce Tao to the guys’ argument that they had been having for the past month. “Now how are you going to introduce him to everyone? All at once or individually?”

 

            “Which way do you think is best?”

 

            “I would say individually, best not to put all of them in a confused daze at one time.” Kai said with a nod, agreeing with his words once they were said. Yeah, individually, sounds like the way to go.

 

            “... Master Sehun...? ...Kai...?”

 

            Tao was awake now, rubbing at his eyes and blinking sleepily around the room, eyes narrowing in on Sehun. He seemed to gain an energy boost as he scrambled off of the couch and pushed himself up against Sehun’s side. “Master Sehun~! Good morning~!”

 

            “It’s not morning anymore, Tao, you slept through it.”

 

            “Oh...”

 

            “Mm.”

 

            Kai smirked at the two before saying; “So when are you going to tell Taozi about the surprise?”

 

            “Surprise?” Tao asked, his head tilting to the side adorably, ears twitching. “There’s a surprise? I love surprises, Master Sehun!” Tao was bouncing in his spot beside Sehun, grinning wildly. “What is it? What is it?”

 

            “Ah...”

 

            “Master-“

 

            Sehun pushed Tao away from him gently, holding onto his shoulders in an attempt to calm the boy down. “Before anything, you have to stop calling me ‘Master Sehun’ okay? It’s weird and the others will ask questions.”

 

            “Others?”

 

            “Kai talked me into introducing you to the guys you’ve heard us talking about.”

 

            Sehun could see Tao’s tail flicking wildly behind him and the excitement was clear to see. “Really?”

 

            “Yes...”

 

            “AH! Master Sehun! Thank you, thank you, and thank you! I promise I’ll be on my best behavior!” Tao screeched in happiness, breaking out of Sehun’s hold on his shoulders to throw himself at the younger, arms wrapping tightly around Sehun’s neck. The younger wasn’t ready for the sudden movement and fell backwards with Tao in his arms. “I’m so happy!”

           

            “Tao, what did I just tell you about calling me by that name?”

 

            “Not to do it?”

 

            “Yeah, and what did you call me?”

 

            “Master Sehun?”

 

            “Uh-huh, and so?”

 

            “Sorry...”

 

            “Good boy.”

 

            “Hey, Sehun ah?” Kai said as he looked up from his cellphone, smirking. (When did he get that? Sehun was pretty sure it wasn’t on him earlier...)

 

            “What?”

 

            “Joonmyeoun hyung is on his way!” Kai said in a singsong voice, smiling as if he had done Sehun a favor. Yeah, okay.

 

            “What?”

 

            “I didn’t think you would take the initiative, so I did it for you.”

 

            “Hyung!”

 

            “Are you not ready?”

 

            “No.”

 

            “Oh... Uh, well, you see... Joonmyeoun hyung is actually only ten minutes away... That’s why he said he would drop by... He sounded really happy to finally be given the permission to visit after nearly two months...”

 

            If looks could kill.

 

            “I’m going to get you back for this.” Sehun hissed. He was on his feet now, dragging Tao to stand beside him. “Come on, Tao, I need to hide your ears until I ease Joonmyeoun into this.”

 

            “Okay, Mas- Sehun.”  

 

            Sehun stared at him for a minute before dragging Tao behind him to his room.

 

            Kai watched them go with a smile. “I’m a good friend.”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            “So... What did you have to tell me?”

 

            “It’s not me, hyung! It’s Sehun, he has a secret!” Kai said with a wink, finger to his lips.

 

            “Okay... But where is Sehun?”

 

            “Getting the secret ready!”

 

            “... Getting the secret ready? What does that even mean?” Joonmyeoun looked really confused. After all, how do you get a secret ready...?

 

            “You’ll understand soon.” Kai responded as he rested against the back of the couch, arms crossing over his chest. “That is, if Sehun ever comes out of his room.”

 

            The two fell into an awkward silence, a couple more minutes passed before Joonmyeoun heard the sound of a door opening down the hall. “Sehun ah?”

 

            “Hey there, hyung, how are you?”

 

            Sehun looked nervous in Joonmyeoun’s eyes, rocking on his heels. “I’m good, just got out of work when Kai texted me. He said you have something to tell me...?”

 

            “Oh yeah...”

 

            “So?”

 

            “So...”

 

            “Come on, Sehun ah, spill the secret to me!”

 

            “Well... There’s this guy...”

 

            “Yeah?”

 

            “Well... He’s here now, in my room, if you want to meet him...?”

 

            “So you haven’t let any of us over in two months because of a secret boyfriend...? Why would you want to keep it a secret?” Joonmyeoun had his brows furrowed at the information given to him. Why would Sehun keep a boyfriend a secret? It’s not like- “Is this about Luhan? Is that why you haven’t told anyone? Sehun ah, it’s time you moved on-“

 

            “No! No, Joonmyeoun hyung, he’s not my boyfriend and it has nothing to do with Luhan.” Sehun insisted. “It’s just... Well, we took him in off the streets.”

 

            “You’re letting someone you found on the streets live with you!? That’s dangerous! Don’t tell me I need to have a safety talk with the two of you-“

 

            Sehun rolled his eyes. “He’s not dangerous.”

 

            “You don’t know-“

 

            “Tao, can you come out here? There’s someone who wants to meet you!” Sehun called out back toward his room.

 

            Joonmyeoun stared down the hall and after a couple of minutes, a boy poked his head out of the room. He stared at Joonmyeoun for a couple of minutes before inching his way out of the room, pressing up against Sehun, fingers curling around Sehun’s arm loosely. He looked scared and it was kind of cute, Joonmyeoun had to admit.

 

            Sehun prompted the boy, Tao was his name, by nudging him lightly in the side. Tao looked at the younger wide-eyed before looking shyly at Joonmyeoun was again. “... Hello...”

 

            “Hi.”

 

            Another nudge.

 

            “... I-I’m Tao, nice to meet you...”

 

            Joonmyeoun smiled, standing up from his spot on the sofa, offering a hand to Tao who tried to hide behind Sehun even further. “It’s okay, you know, I won’t hurt you. My name is Joonmyeoun, but you can call me Suho, it’s easier to say, yeah? You seem really shy... But you don’t need to be, okay?”

 

            Joonmyeoun watched as Tao looked at him, eyes calculating. The boy inched forward slowly before standing in front of Joonmyeoun. Tao looked back at Sehun as if asking him a silent question before reaching up to touch the beanie on his head. “Um... M- Sehun said that I needed to introduce myself before revealing them...”

 

            “’Revealing them’...?”

 

            Sehun was rubbing the back of his neck. “You see... Hyung, Tao isn’t quite... Human?”

 

            “...”

 

            “...”

 

            “... What...?”

 

            “Go ahead and so him, Tao.”

 

            “Okay...”

 

            Tao hesitated before curling his finger on the beanie and tugging it off.

 

            Joonmyeoun stared at the twitching ears on Tao’s head, speechless. Ears... Cat ears... On his head... What? It took a couple of minutes but his voice finally came back to him and the only thing he could say was; “What?”

 

            “Um... Joonmyeoun hyung... Are you okay?” Tao reached out as Suho swayed on his feet. The cat-boy helped him down onto the sofa where he placed his head in his hands.

 

            “Yeah... I’m fine, just need to take this all in...” Joonmyeoun breathed, looking up at Tao. “So you’re a cat?”

 

            Tao looked at Sehun for the right words.

 

            “We’re not entirely sure what he is... I found him on the side of the round and he was in cat form, but when I woke up he was human...” Sehun answered honestly.

 

            “Yeah, it was freaky.” Kai put in from where he had been sitting in silence, watching the scene unfold.

 

            “... Okay... Okay, I can... Come to make sense of that. Have you, uh, told the others about Tao yet?” Joonmyeoun asked as he reached out, hand stopping halfway in its track to touch one of Tao’s ears. He looked at Tao, asking without words if he could touch them. Tao gave a small smile, happy that Joonmyeoun hadn’t run away screaming, before ducking his head in a silent yes. Suho touched the ear with a bit of wonder. He never would have thought he would be seeing a cat-boy with his own eyes. Sure, he heard ‘accounts’ and read fanfiction about it but... “I can’t believe this is real...”

 

            “We haven’t told anyone besides you hyung, Kai is the one who messaged you, probably thinking you were the best option to start with.” Sehun answered.

 

            “Start with?”

 

            “Kai managed to convince me it was time to tell everyone.”

 

            “Ah- You should have told us earlier! How could you keep a cutie like this a secret?”

 

            “Hyung-“

 

            “I obviously need to have a talk about lying-“

 

            “Ooo, Sehun, you’re in trouble-“

 

            “-With the both of you.”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            “So, telling Joonmyeoun hyung went well...”

 

            “Yeah, except for the talk he gave us about lying,” Sehun said with a roll of his eyes, tucking Tao’s ear into the black beanie. “There, you got your tail tucked in?”

 

            “Yep!”

 

            “Alright, grab your jacket, okay?”

 

            “Okay, Master Sehun!”

 

            “What did I tell you?”

 

            “Don’t call you Master Sehun?”

 

            “Uh-huh and?”

 

            “Won’t happen again!” Tao chirped.

 

            Sehun grinned before patting Tao on the head. “Good boy, now go grab your jacket!”

 

            Tao skipped out of Sehun’s room to grab his jacket, Sehun watched him go with a grin. He turned to Kai who was sprawled across his bed playing a game on his phone. “Are you coming with us?”

 

            Kai looked at him briefly before turning back to his game. “Yep.”

 

            “Who’s up?”

 

            “Baekhyun and Chanyeol.”

 

            “Geez, why them?”

 

            “Joonmyeoun thought it would be best to get the tricksters out of the way.”

 

            “I suppose so.”

 

            “Master Sehun! I’m ready!”

 

            “We’re coming!”

 

            “Ok!”

 

            Sehun looked at Kai with a fake smile. “Ready to go?”

 

            “As ready as I’ll ever be.”

 

            “Let’s go.”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            “OH MY GOODNESS! HOW CAN YOU HIDE SOMETHING THIS CUTE FROM ME!?” Baekhyun screeched.

 

            “Uh... Baekhyun...”

 

            “What Sehun ah?” The diva asked with a glare, obviously annoyed that Sehun lied to him for two months.

 

            “I don’t think Tao can breathe with you squeezing him like that...”

 

            “Huh...?”

 

            Baekhyun looked down at the cat-boy who was sitting on the couch, Baekhyun’s arms wrapped tightly around his neck. (How could he not hug the boy? He was just so cute!) “Oh! I’m sorry about that!” Baekhyun apologized, releasing Tao from his grip. “Are you okay?”

 

            “... I’m fine...”

 

            “When I introduced you to Tao, I didn’t think you would try and strangle him with your hugs, Baekhyun hyung.”

 

            “I wasn’t trying to strangle him, you brat!”

 

            Chanyeol, who was sitting on the floor staring up at Tao, grinned at his boyfriend’s dramatic response. “Baek, you had his neck wrapped up in a death grip, forgive Sehun for thinking you were trying to kill his cat-boy boyfriend-“

 

            “He’s not my boyfriend!” Sehun interjected. What was with people thinking that they were together? Geez.

 

            “-Yeah, yeah, whatever you say.”

 

            Baekhyun laughed at the two bickering before a thought came to him. “Have you told Luhan yet?”

           

            “No...”

 

            “Sehun! He’s going to kill you for not telling him anything-“

 

            “Why would he care? We’re not-“

 

            “Who’s Luhan?” Tao asked.

 

            “It’s no one Tao.”  Sehun answered...

 

            ... Just as Chanyeol said “His ex-boyfriend.”

 

            “Really, Chanyeol hyung?”

 

            “Boyfriend?”

 

            Baekhyun ignored the warning glare Sehun sent him. “Yeah, they broke up almost three months ago, right before he found you. It made us think Sehun didn’t want us over because of the breakup-“

 

            “Baekhyun! Shut up!” Sehun hissed.

 

            “Oh...” Three months ago... A month before Sehun found him... A month and a half before Sehun let him kiss him... Was he a, what was the word Kai had used when watching that show? A rebound? Yeah... That was the word... Rebound... Was Sehun looking for a rebound...? With the way Sehun was reacting...

 

            “Yeah, kid was heartbroken!”

 

            “Tao, go grab your jacket then put on your shoes, and we’ll meet you at the door, okay?” It was Kai this time who had been playing with the BaekYeol’s cat quietly in the corner.

 

            Baekhyun looked at them curiously. “You're leaving?”

 

            “Yes.” Kai was now pulling Sehun to his feet, eyes on Tao who was slipping into his shoes, occasionally glancing back at them.

 

            “Why?” Chanyeol asked.

 

            “You guys are being jerks, whether you know it or not. Did you really need to mention Luhan despite Sehun telling you to shut up? Don’t you get it? Sehun likes Tao and Tao likes Sehun. And thanks to your stupidity, you may have just ruined everything.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~