TheHun [1/?]

Drabble collection: TaoHun edition

 

***OC TAOZI IN PHYSICAL APPEARANCE  (Tao is 4'9" while Sehun is around 5'11" ) BECAUSE I WANTED CUTE LITTLE TAOZI AND SUPERHERO SEHUN~ <3 I APOLOGIZE!!!***

 

               Sehun was a superhero.

 

               Albeit a reluctant one.

 

               It wasn’t his fault that some stupid, idiotic chemistry geek (his best friend) had ‘accidently’ poured some kind of superhero serum all over him that had somehow managed to seep into his blood stream and turn him into a freak. A freak with superhuman abilities that had his best friend telling him that he was now entitled to saving the city from any and all disaster that struck it.

 

That had Sehun rolling his eyes, because come on, what danger could possibly arise that the police couldn’t handle?

 

That thinking of course was shattered a month into his new life when walking through the wrong side of town and he overheard a scuffle in the alleyway behind a run-down café. He thought to ignore it but then there was a scream and he couldn’t have a clear conscious if he overlooked it. So he pulled up his hood to shade his face from both victim and attacker (he didn’t want to have to deal with unwanted attention later on) before sneaking around the corner, eyes narrowing in on the two figures at the back of the alleyway.

 

The one he could see the most clearly was that of a burly man who towered over the tiny figure pushed up against the brick wall.

 

Sehun saw the man reach for something in his pocket, it flashed in what little light fell in from the street and the young, not yet superhero, in a breath because that was a knife!

 

“Come on, I know you have money in there so just let me in-“

 

Sehun commended the tiny figure for his response, though it seemed a little stupid in his current situation.

 

“No way! I’m stupid like you, you big oaf!”

 

“What did you say-?” Sehun could hear the venom in the man’s voice, watching him bring the knife up to press right up against-

 

“Let him go!”

 

Crap.

 

Was that Sehun who said that?

 

Apparently it was because the man spun around to face Sehun’s direction with a sneer, knife pulling away from the boy and instead pointing toward the spur-of-the-moment hero.

 

“Who are you?

 

“…Uh…”

 

 Sehun’s lack of response most have made the guy snap because now he was coming at Sehun and the teenage didn’t know what to do so he threw out his hand and waiting for the cutting bit of the blade against his palm… But nothing came.

 

Instead there was a solid thump of something hitting against the brick wall that had Sehun cracking his eyes open to see the man a crumpled heap on the ground. He was clutching his hand to his chest but making no attempt to get up. The teenager let out a sigh of relief before looking around the ground for the knife, easing over to grab it when he spotted it, better he have it than the attacker.

 

He looked up to meet the eyes of the boy he had just saved.

 

The boy was staring at him with wide, cat-like eyes, black hair falling wildly around his face.  “Y-you-“

 

“Me?” Sehun asked, thinking that he was going to be thanked for his rather heroic actions. (… Though unintentional…)

 

“You’re an idiot!”

 

Well then.

 

“… Uh… I just saved your life…” Sehun replied dumbly.

 

“I didn’t need your saving!”

 

What the heck was up with this guy?

 

“… Okay… Well… I’ll just leave-“

 

The boy jumped at that, eyes flying to the man on the ground before moving back to Sehun. “You can’t leave!”

 

“Oh?”

 

“He’s still right there!” The boy waved his hand widely at the man who had gone quiet, maybe passed out?

 

“And?”

 

The boy huffed, arms crossing over his chest. “I can’t move him on my own!”

 

“Why?”

 

Sehun was kind of holding back his laughter when the boy flushed, stuttering on his words. “B-because! I-You know why! Don’t make me say it!”

 

“I mean, you said you didn’t need my help… So I’ll leave this to you…?”

 

Sehun wasn’t going to really leave, mainly because he didn’t expect the man to stay down that long and not wanting him to get away because hey, he might come back.

 

“I can’t move him because I-I’m tiny!”

 

There it was. Sehun chuckled at the boy’s flushed face, not sure if it was red from embarrassment or anger.

 

“Don’t laugh!”

 

“Sorry, sorry.” Sehun held up a hand to appease the boy, attempting to calm his laughter while he was at it. “I’m not leaving, not yet.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, I wouldn’t leave you hanging after saving you, what kind of hero would that make me?”

 

The boy rolled his eyes, arms still crossed. “What do you propose we do with him?”

 

“We call the cops, tell them what happened and then they can deal with him.” Sehun replied, thinking the answer was obvious.

 

“Yeah, I’m sure the whole hooded figure thing will go over well for them.” The boy scoffed.

 

“Huh?”

 

“The hood.”

 

“What-“ Sehun started but stopped. Right. The hood to keep his identity a secret because he didn’t need people knowing who he was or that he was a freak with some freaky powers that no normal person would have. “Well… We could tie him up and leave him somewhere? Tell the cops to pick him up?”

 

“…”

 

“Or we could tie him up, wait till he wakes up and I threaten him to not ever come around her again or I’ll pummel him?”

 

“Why can’t you just take the hood off? Be less suspicious?” The boy asked.

 

“I don’t really want people to know-“

 

“-That you’re a hero with some freaky powers?”

 

Hit the nail right on the head.

 

“Well yeah.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“So no cops?”

 

“No cops.”

 

Sehun looked at the boy with questioning eyes, thinking he was crazy to go along with a complete stranger about not wanting to call the cops when he was just attacked. “You’re weird.”

 

“I know but you don’t want the cops here, so the cops don’t need to be here.”

 

“Thanks.” Sehun was grateful for this boy, allowing for him to keep his identity a secret.

 

“I’m Huang ZiTao by the way, but just call me Tao.”

 

“Uh…”

 

“You don’t need to tell me your name, I just wanted you to know mine.”

 

“You can call me… TheHun.”

 

The boy, Tao, giggled. “Is that your superhero name? TheHun?”

 

Sehun frowned. “Is there something wrong with it?”

 

“No?”

 

“You’re lying…”

 

(Sehun knew he shouldn’t have let stupid Chanyeol pick out his name.)

 

“No, really, it isn’t that bad.” Tao responded. “Just curious as to why you would chose that name.”

 

“… I didn’t… A friend of mine did.”

 

“The one who made you have some freaky powers?” Tao asked, now looking around the alleyway to find something to restrain his attacker with.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Understandable.”

 

There was silence as the two moved around and in the end, Sehun untied a couple of garbage bags, taking the red ties and tying them together before roping the man’s wrists behind his back. They propped him up on the wall, sitting back and waiting for him to come around.

 

Sehun glanced over to the boy who was seated beside him and realized just how small he was and decided to break the silence. “So… How old are you?”

 

Tao glanced up from his phone which he hand pulled out when talking had ended between the two. “Huh?”

 

“How old are you?” Sehun asked again, eyes not leaving Tao as he pushed some of that wild black hair out of his eyes.

 

“Seventeen.”

 

Sehun gaped at him. “You’re seventeen?”

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

Huh.

 

“You’re older than me by a year.”

 

“Okay…?”

 

“And you’re so tiny- OW!” Sehun grabbed his arm where Tao had hauled off and punched him with little restriction. “What was that for!?”

 

“Sorry… You called me tiny and it’s kind of a reflex reaction by now…” Tao said sheepishly.

 

Sehun scooted away from the boy just a bit before asking his next question. “How tall are you anyway?”

 

Tao glared at him but mumbled something under his breath that Sehun couldn’t quite catch.

 

“Huh? I couldn’t quite here you just now…”

 

Tao mumbled something once more.

 

“One more time?”

 

“I’m 4’9” okay!?”

 

“Oh wow… You’re a whole foot shorter than me!”

 

“… Shut up…”

 

“Sorry, but that’s really cute.”

 

Another punch to the shoulder. “Didn’t I tell you to shut up!?”

 

“Yes, yes, oh! Hey, looks like he’s coming around.”

 

               The two looked to the attacker who was pulling on his restraints, still disoriented from his earlier collision with the wall. “Wha-“

 

               “Yo.”

 

               “You!”

 

               “Yeah, it’s me!”

 

               “Wha- What did you do to me!?”

 

               Sehun shrugged. “Not quite sure, I’m still getting use to this whole super power thing, you know?”

 

               “Super powers?” The man asked, skeptical.

 

               “Mhm.” Sehun hummed. “Powers that I won’t hesitate to use again if you ever show your face around this friend of mine again, understand?”

 

“You can’t possibly-“

 

               Sehun raised a hand and the man flinched. “Wanna try me?”

 

               “N-no-“ The man stuttered, attempting to move away from Sehun’s outstretched hand, afraid of what would happen after last time. “I’ll leave him alone!”

 

               “Good, now get out of here!”

 

               “B-But what about these ties?”

 

The man held up his still bound hands and Sehun shrugged his shoulders.

 

“You’ll find a way.”

 

The man struggled in pushing himself up the wall behind him, getting the hint that the hooded figure in front of him wouldn’t be undoing his bindings anytime soon. The pair watched as it took a good five minutes for him to finally find his footing and stumble out of the alleyway.

 

They waited another few minutes before Sehun headed out of the alleyway, Tao following behind him. Tao watched the back of the hooded figure, TheHun, before he stopped in front of the closed café front where he worked. “… Thank you, for saving me…”

 

“It’s no problem.”

 

Tao pushed a hand through his hair and asked, “Will I see you again?”

 

“Maybe.”

 

“What if I need you?”

 

“Do you get in this kind of trouble often?”

 

“No…”

 

“Then why would you need me?”

 

“I think it would be pretty cool to have a superhero best friend.” Tao grinned.

 

“…” Sehun was quiet for a moment before pulling out his phone and opening his contacts, clicking on create. “Here, put your number in, I’ll text you so that you can have my number later on.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, now hurry up before I change my mind!”

 

Tao smiled before grabbing the phone and typing in his name and number then hitting save. “All righty.”

 

Sehun took his phone back and slipped it into his pocket. “I should get going, I have school tomorrow and don’t want to be late in waking up.”

 

“Okay, be safe.”

 

Sehun chuckled. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

 

And with that he was off.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Tao watched the hooded figure as he turned a corner before he in turn headed off to the apartment he shared with his mother just a few blocks down.

 

What a turn of events, Tao thought to himself just as his phone went off in his coat pocket, who would have thought that he would be saved by some random hooded figure gifted with some supernatural gifts.

 

He pulled out his phone to see a text from an unknown number.

 

               To: Tao

               From: Unknown

 

                              Send me a text or call whenever you need me. I’ll be there.

 

               Ah, TheHun.

 

               Tao saved the number under TheHun before replying back.

 

               To: TheHun

               From: Tao

 

                              I’ll make sure to take you up on the offer sometime.

 

To: TheHun

From: Tao

 

Oh, and drop by the café if you ever need patched up.

 

               Tao was sure that his life would be anything but ordinary after this chance encounter.

 

             

… The adventure will continue in part 2, coming soon…