Red String of Fate

Drabble collection: TaoHun edition

In a world where finding your other half by the red string of fate wrapped around you little finger is everything, Oh Sehun stands alone. He doesn't particular care about finding his other half like most kids his age dream about night and day. It's not that he doesn't believe in the whole soulmate thing but he doesn't want his life to revolve around it. So he decides that he won't think about who could be on the other end of the his red string of fate. He spends nearly twenty years of his life like this. He finds a boyfriend, who shares his views of not waiting for that one person who could make your whole world, and goes through life perfectly content with the choices he's made.

Until his boyfriend breaks up with him one night while apologizing profusely because he's apparently found the one on the end of his string and he can't let that person go no matter what. Even if the two of them just met less than a day ago.

"I'm really sorry about this Sehun..." Luhan apologizes once again when they're standing at the front door, Sehun on one side and his ex-boyfriend on other. "I just can't lose him."

Sehun just smiles and shrugs his shoulders just a bit before speaking. "I understand, okay? You finally met the one who was pratically made for you. There's no hard feelings, really. I may have even done the same thing if I were you."

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Luhan asked with one final look at his ex-boyfriend.

Sehun nodded and glanced at the car waiting in the driveway, the driver staring down at the steering wheel with great interest. "Yeah, I'll be fine. You better hurry now, your other half is waiting for you."

Luhan couldn't help but smile, leaning up and pressing a quick kiss to the younger man's cheek. "Thank you again, Sehun ah. You'll find your other half soon. I just know it."

"Maybe you're right." Sehun laughed while watching the older man run off and then sliding into the passenger seat of his new boyfriend's car.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"E-Excuse me... Are you Oh Sehun?"

Sehun looked up from where he was reading his book on his break at the cafe with a small frown. "Who wants to know?"

The boy jumped a little at his tone but didn't look up from where he was staring at his feet. "Uhm... My name's Tao. Huang ZiTao..."

"Oh! I've heard about you from around campus. The blind kid, right?"

The boy looked up a little bit surprised and Sehun could see the foggy blue of his eyes staring straight at him but not really seeing him. "Y-yes?"

Sehun nodded his head to show that he had an idea about who the kid was but then quickly realized his mistake. "Yeah, I know who you are some-what."

"R-really?" The boy sounded happy and Sehun could see his face light up.

Sehun couldn't help the little smile that graced his lips at the sight. "You seem really happy to hear that I know you."

The blush that dusted the boy's cheeks was unbelievably adorable to Sehun. "Well you see... A friend of mine said that our... uhm... our strings were connected..."

"What?" Sehun, for the first time, looked down at the boy's string and followed it to see that it was indeed connected to his own. "How?"

The boy looked at him with a confused little smile. "'How'? A-are you disappointed...?"

"You... Aren't what I imagined..." Sehun answered truthfully. It was true that he had never thought about what the person on the other side of the string would look like but from what he did imagine it wasn't this. A lanky kid with a mop of messy black hair and golden tan that seemed to be flustered through out the whole conversation they were having.

"Oh... Uhm. I'm sorry? Is it because I'm b-blind?" Tao asked quietly and Sehun could swear he could see tears at the corners of the boy's eyes. "I thought... Maybe you would say yes to trying this out...? But, uh, I see now that this was a really stupid idea. I-I'll just leave."

Tao his heel and made to leave but Sehun stood up quickly and grabbed his wrist lightly. "No, wait. You don't have to go."

"R-really?"

Sehun let his hand slid down to Tao's, his fingers brushing against the finger where the red string was tied. "Really."

"You're not... disappointed?"

"Of course not! Why would I be disappointed?"

Tao looked down and to the side with a light blush. "I mean I'm not exactly... cute? And I know I'm not the most perfect person in the world but I can try to be better. I promise. So please give this a try? I know from another friend that you don't believe in all this soulmate stuff but I do... And I was hoping you could give it a try if only for a trial run?"

Sehun tried to meet the boy's foggy blue eyes but the kid wouldn't look anywhere in the general direction he knew Sehun to be in. "Hey now, how about you turn your head so I can see your face?"

Tao let his head be turned and Sehun finally got a good look at the other boy's eyes that had been covered by his messy black hair. The boy's foggy blue eyes were staring blankly at him and Sehun could see the faint showing of eyeliner that had been applied. There were also bags under his eyes and Sehun couldn't tell if they were from exhaustion or just natural. "You're pretty cute."

"Cute?"

"Yes. Very cute. And you know, I wouldn't mind trying this boyfriend thing with you... Not a trial run, but more of a permanent thing instead?"

"Really!?" Tao seemed to shocked at this development.

"Yeah." Sehun let his finger trace along the boy's jaw while bringing Tao a little closer.

"I don't really believe you..." Tao whispered shyly.

Sehun grinned. "I think I may have a way of proving that I'm being a hundred percent truthful."

"Huh-?" Tao was cut off when soft lips were pressed against his lightly. They were just a few light, little pecks but it had ZiTao blushing a violent red. When Sehun finally pulled away from him he was a stuttering mess.

"Believe me now?" Sehun hummed.

All Tao was able to do was nod, a bit dazed by the way things had gone down. Sehun only grinned and leaned in for more.

 

A/N: Back with a short and crappy update :/ I'll try better next time. Send prompts if you like~

Follow me on Instagram at PandaK3y13 or on KakaoTALK (Same iD) I like meeting new people :3

Off to dye my hair red>.< So nervious :D

Bye my dear readers <3