Forbidden Love [2/2]

Drabble collection: TaoHun edition

***A/N: Hey~ Update from mwah! Part two to the previous chapter! (/^o^)/ ~~~<3 Lots of love! (: SO uh... I live in VA, Northern VA to be specific and it is a nightmare, a snowy nightmare that I want to end TT^TT Anyway... Here is your update! Don't forget to comment, subscribe and vote! A big thanks to all my readers!***

 

                “Where have you been, Sehun ah?”

 

                Sehun cursed under his breath when he heard his brother’s voice calling out to him. “I went out for a quick hunt, hyung, was feeling a bit famished is all.”

 

                “You’ve been gone for three days.”

 

                “Went out of town for it, trying to avoid having people ask questions like you always taught me.” Sehun lied. He had been lying to his brother about his disappearing acts for almost two years now and it still made him feel guilty.

 

                His brother stood up, towering over him with his height as he walked closer. “You didn’t even tell me that you were leaving.”

 

                “Sorry, I’ll call you next time when I decide to go out of town.”

 

                Chanyeol was sighing now. “Sehun ah, were you with him again?”

 

                Sehun froze. “No.”

 

                “I can smell him on you, Sehun ah, so please don’t lie to me.”

 

                “Chanyeol hyung, it’s nothing-really, we’re just friends.” Sehun insisted, forgetting for a moment that Tao’s scent would still be clinging to him. Jeez, he should really learn to take a change of clothes with him so that he could drop by a motel on the way home to take a shower. “I saw him walking down the street on my way back into town and thought it best to walk him home. He lives in a bad part of town so I didn’t want anything happening when I could have prevented it.”

 

                Chanyeol snorted. “You expect me to believe you accidently bumped into him? Really? Do you think I’m that stupid?”

 

                “Chanyeol hyung, seriously, I came back to town that way. I wasn’t thinking about your stupid order to stay away from him.” Sehun said as he attempted to go step around his brother.

 

                “Sehun ah! It’s not stupid!”

 

                “It is!”

 

                “I make rules for a reason-“

 

                “A stupid reason?”

 

                “He’s human, Sehun ah!”

 

                “So what!? What’s so wrong about him being human!?” Sehun growled as he whirled on his brother, eyes flashing with anger.

 

                “I’m just trying to protect you-“

 

                “Don’t try to protect me!”

 

                “-Sehun ah, please-“

 

                Sehun’s temper flared but he clamped down on the scream that was bubbling in his throat. He didn’t want to gather more attention from the others if he could help it. “Just stop when you’re ahead Chanyeol hyung, I don’t need to hear anything else.”

 

                “He’s going to die eventually!”

 

                Sehun stopped in his track up the stairs, turning to look at Chanyeol with sad eyes while his hand had a tight grip on the banister. (He swears he could hear it cracking underneath his grip.) “You don’t think I know that?”

 

                “I didn’t mean-“

 

                “I know what you mean, so why can’t you let me have my moment when you know it’s not going to last? I’ll eventually marry Luhan and you’ll be happy, right? So please, just leave me alone, okay?”

 

                With that, Sehun continued up the stairs, leaving Chanyeol alone in the foyer. He slammed the door to his room closed behind him. Sehun fell against his door with a sigh. If he could cry, he would.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

                There was a knocking at his door and Sehun groaned, rolling around on his bed (He doesn’t really need a bed but whatever). “What?”

 

                 “Sehun ah? It’s me.”

 

                “What do you want, Luhan?”

 

                “I want to talk to you.”

 

                “About?”

 

                “About Zitao.”

 

                Oh right, Luhan knew about Tao.

 

                “Come in.”

 

               

                Luhan slipped into the room, shutting the door with a soft click behind him. “Are you alright?”

 

                “I’m fine.”

 

                “I heard the argument you had with Chanyeol... You shouldn’t take it to heart... He is trying to protect you in his own way...” Luhan said quietly.

 

                Sehun rolled over to glare at the older vampire. “Really? Are you going to give me the same talk that Chanyeol did?”

 

                Luhan came to sit on the foot of the bed with a soft sigh before falling back on the bed. “No, you know how I feel about his stupid rules.”

 

                Sehun laughed. “Yeah, yeah.”

 

                “So are you still going to see Tao?”

 

                “Of course!”

 

                “Than what’s the problem?”

 

                Sehun sighed, stretching out his limbs and bumping shoulders with Luhan.  “He made a good point, Tao won’t always be here.”

 

                “So? Do what I did.”

 

                “Luhan, I don’t think I can change him... I would be taking away his whole life...” Sehun had thought about asking Tao if he would want to be Changed but decided against it. It would be asking Tao to let go everything he knew, including his friends and family.

 

                Luhan his side so he could try and meet eyes with Sehun. “Sehun ah, if Tao loves you as much as you say, than I don’t think he would mind giving up the world for you. And it’s not like you have to change him right now, he’s only 18.”

 

                “I don’t-“

 

                “Minseok said it was one of the best things he’s ever done.”

 

                Sehun was quiet for a moment before responding with: “I’ll talk to him about it.”

 

                “Good! And stop thinking about this stupid engagement! It’s been 50 years since this whole thing started and nothing has happened yet. I’ve had Minseok for 100 years and you’ve just met the love of your life. Things are looking up, yeah?”

 

                “Yeah, thanks Luhan hyung.”

 

                Luhan grinned, punching lightly at the younger vampire’s shoulder. “No problem but I won’t always be here to solve your problems!”

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

                There was an insistent ringing beside him and Sehun was tempted to ignore it. He never liked phones but Tao insisted that he buy one. (Something about “How else am I supposed to get ahold of you, stupid?”) And that’s why Sehun reached over to grab his phone off of the coffee table and checking the caller I.D. He was surprised to see it was Tao, the boy had told him he would be off visiting family for the next couple of days.

 

                “Tao?”

 

                “S-Sehun?”

 

                There was a hint of panic in Tao’s voice that had Sehun on edge. “Tao? Taozi, what’s wrong?”

 

                “I-Sehun, I think I’m in trouble...”

 

                “What? Where are you?”

 

                “I was going home-“

 

                “What? Tao, its late, why would you be going home at this time of night?” Sehun was already on his feet, ignoring the look Chanyeol was giving him from across the room.

 

                “My parents said that they were going to be leaving early tomorrow morning to see my brother and-“

 

                “So you decided to go home on your own?”

 

                Sehun was about to head out the door when Chanyeol was grabbing him by his wrist. “Where are you going?”

 

                Sehun ignored him and continued listening to Tao on the other end of the phone. “I thought I would be fine, it was still light out so- but then I got lost and Sehun- Sehun I think someone’s following me... I-I don’t think they’re human. Sehun, please, I’m scared-“

 

                “I’ll be right there, I promise. “ Sehun wasn’t sure how he was going to find him but he had to, the love of his life was in trouble. There was no way he could just sit back and do nothing! “Do you know where you are?”

 

                “I’m not sure-I took a turn... I think I’m near where I live but...” Tao’s voice was cut off by his scream and Sehun wanted to rip off the hold Chanyeol had on him but he couldn’t.

 

                “Tao? Taozi, please, please answer me! Tao? Zitao!?”

 

                There wasn’t an answer. Sehun hung up the phone and shoved it in his pocket. “Chanyeol, I need you to let me go. I need to go to Tao.”

 

                “What’s wrong?”

                “Tao- He, he’s lost. Said someone was following him and then, just now, he screamed and wouldn’t answer me to tell me he was okay-“

 

                “Sehun-“ Chanyeol started before spinning around to yell up the stairs “-Luhan, Baekhyun, Suho! Come down here right now! I need your help.”

 

                “What’s up?” The three of them were at the top of the stairs in an instant.

 

                “Get ready, we’re going to look for Tao.”

 

                Sehun was looking at him with wide eyes. “What-?”

 

                “I’m not going to let him die.”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

                Luhan was the one who found him.

 

                He had called Sehun before the others, telling him that they were in the park a couple blocks away from where Tao’s apartment was.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

                “Tao? Luhan?”

 

                “Over here!”

 

                Sehun rushed toward the area that he had heard Luhan’s voice drift from. “Luhan? Tao, is Tao okay?”

 

                “... Sehun...”

 

                “... No...”

 

                As soon as Sehun walked around the two trees hiding the two from view he was dropping to his knees. “Tao?”

 

                Tao lay on the ground, his head on Luhan’s lap. Luhan had thrown his jacket over Tao to cover up his neck which could only mean...

 

                “Vampire?”

 

                “...Yeah...”

 

                Sehun brought a hand up to brush away the fringe from Tao’s forehead. “Taozi?”

 

                Sehun couldn’t help but let out a relieved sigh when Tao’s eyes fluttered open weakly. “S-Sehun?”

                “There’s those pretty eyes, how are you feeling?”

 

                “Sehun... I-I’m really c-cold.”

 

                “Yeah, I know baby but don’t worry, you’ll be fine.”

 

                Tao gave a weak nod, flinching from the wounds on his neck. His eyes slipped closed and Sehun panicked but the weak fluttering of his lover’s chest gave him a little bit of reassurance.   

 

                “-hun, Sehun hey!”

 

                Sehun looked up to see Luhan looking at him intensely. “You know what you need to do.”

 

                “Luhan, I can’t-“

 

                “Sehun. If you don’t do this, Tao won’t make it so please, you need to do this. For both him and you. I’m right here, I can guide you along.”

 

                Sehun looked at Luhan with wide eyes. “What if I mess up?”

 

                “You won’t if you do what I tell you.”

 

                “... Okay, I’ll do it.”

 

                “Good, now all you need to do is take his wrist, bite it and drain him until that moment when his heart stops-“

 

                “Are you crazy!?”

 

                “Shut up and listen, will you? When his heart stops you need to quickly slit your own wrist and feed him. It’s easy.”

 

                Sehun nodded his head though he was doubting Luhan’s words only a little bit. What if he didn’t do the steps in quick enough procession? Tao could end up dying either way. But he had to try. Sehun gently lifted Tao’s wrist to his month, teeth dragging across the flesh before biting down.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

1 year forward...

 

                “Sehun?”

 

                “Huh?”

 

                “What are you doing out here? It’s going to be sunrise soon...”

 

                 “Just thinking is all.”

 

                “About?”

 

                “How I almost lost you...”

 

                Tao was smiling at him as he came to seat himself in Sehun’s lap, nuzzling into his neck. “But you didn’t, I’m right here in your arms and,” Tao was giggling now, “And I’m your fiancé!”

 

                Sehun grinned, nosing into Tao’s hair. “Yeah, Luhan was real easy when it came to breaking the engagement.”

 

                “I mean, how could he possibly compete with me? The love of your life, apple of your eye.” Tao teased.

 

                “Mm.”

 

                “Chanyeol hyung was so angry.”

 

                “He’ll get over it, give him 50 years or so.”

 

                Sehun was peppering kisses all over Tao’s face and across his jaw to capture his lips in a deep kiss.

 

                “I love you.” Tao sighed into the kisses that Sehun continued to press against his lips. “I really do love you.”

 

                “I love you too, Taozi, forever and always.”

 

                ... When a forbidden love turns everlasting...