Chapter 009: Late Night Thoughts

Operation Kill This Love


 

"What a ing ingenious idiot." Mark said as he slammed the door behind him. He had just come from a not-so-far walk from the idiot Wang's house to his own rented one, fuming with anger and slight embarrassment from the incident earlier. Although Tuan wanted to forget all about how Jackson's lips looked slightly open and inviting from the sudden trip, and how his chestnut eyes were staring straight into the other's heart and soul to the point where Mark felt a strange tug in his chest, he couldn't simply do it. And the fact that Jackson was able to ruin such a moment was really fortunate yet appalling on his part.

 

I mean, come on, was that line really necessary? Scratch that, how is that considered a pickup line? For Christ's sake, Mark actually had faith in the dolt to use something better than that! However, remembering the way that Jackson was so serious about doing the dance, and how on point he seemed to be with such a classy and formal dance, it sort of made up for that slip up.

 

Sort of.

 

What he really wanted was to forget how fast his heart was beating with how close he was to the other, the way they kept to the rhythm of the CD without looking away from each other; even the slightest bit of that memory sent his heart on a frenzy and turn his face twenty shades of red. Mark needed something to distract him, something that would always get him out of his uncharacteristic mental breakdowns.

 

Then an idea came to his little mind; and partially, to his stomach.

 

"Well,  I think it's time to check and see if McDonalds has a sort of delivery service so that I don't have to go out this late."

 

Placing his cameo backpack halfheartedly on his velvet red sofa, he brought out his phone and started to look up McD's restaurant number.

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

 

The living room lights were on late that same night, Mark Taun in his favorite Care Bear pajama pants with his second or third (he forgot to count) burger, while watching his favorite artist of all time, Chris Brown, sing live on MTV.

 

It felt good to finally relax after a long day, in his opinion. He didn't have anything more to do that day, not even any new research about Wang. All he could do, fortunately, was watch his idol dance with such awesomeness, and eat to his heart's content.

 

Until his phone dinged.

 

He dragged out a sigh of disappointment as he grabbed his annoying little phone.

 

From: Mino

 

xx/xx/xx 12:30am___________

 

Go to your laptop and check your email.

 

Mark looked at the text with a long glare, not with hatred, but with annoyance. Mino, his real name Song Minho, was a computer genius, not to mention one of Tuan's closest friends. They've both been given their fate of having to be a hitman, but at different angles; while Mark was out doing the dirty work, Mino would be behind the scenes and covering up everything from the media, and also hacking into certain systems for information. Mino also had this strange knack of knowing when Mark was being lazy, so he would send him more things to look over so he wouldn't be able to relax.

 

It was a pain in the , but Tuan respected him nonetheless.

 

With another sigh, he got out of his comforting spot and headed towards his desk, where his handy laptop was resting. It was a simple MacBook that he had for only a couple years now, but it had always did him good. Mark flipped up the top and quickly typed in his password, the one he used for almost everything else, and saw the little email bubble bopping up and down with something new in the mailbox. With a few simple clicks, involving opening up the email and downloading the file, he eyed on everything before him.

 

On the screen in front of him was the information of Jackson Wang during his past school years, from every report card he was ever given throughout his first seventeen years of life to the school ID numbers he got at every school he’d transferred to. It wasn't surprising that Mino would get this much information about him, but considering the school seemed to have a high tech security system and countless students with their name written in multiple languages, it was still an amazing mystery to Mark. After scrolling through the not-so interesting paperwork, he saw his accusation was correct, meaning Wang was just as Mark thought; an intellectual little rich punk that knew how to get away with most things. The A's and high B's could go on for miles on end, along with the wrongs he'd done since the second year of middle school. This didn't surprise the hitman, for he was put into many of the AP classes with the boy, not counting the dancing and choir classes of course.

 

Mark also wasn't surprised by the many newsletters involving the young fencing champion, sometimes standing by his older brother, but mainly next to his father and coach. The older man had a squishy square shaped face, his eyes open, but not like Jackson's. He also seemed to have unnaturally lanky arms, which could just be because of the angle the picture was taken in. The background of the former fencing coach of Hong Kong was rather interesting, to say the least, and helped explain more about the Wang's family background.

 

Although all of this seemed rather crucial to the mission, Mark couldn't help but wonder where the Missus was in any of this. Through all the report cards, parental papers and competition sign-ups, there was no feminine signature or any other hint of Mr. Wang's significant other involved in any of Jackson's in and out of school activities. When the curiosity got to Mark, he decided to quickly email 'A011' (code name for Mino) for the information on the mother. Not even a minute later, he had been given a reply with a new file and a message saying 'I knew this would eat u up. Fair warning though: some of the news clippings will probably get to ur emotions, so try and read it with a blank face.'

 

Raising an eyebrow at this, he nodded to himself and opened up the file, preparing for what was apparently in store for him. His blank expression didn't hold up, however, as he saw the headline for the very first clipping;

 

            Gold Medalist Zhou Ping found Dead

                     in Car Accident

 

Just that alone made Tuan’s heart sink...but what made it sting was the fact that she had passed away when she was heading home for her youngest son’s third birthday. According to the story, a drunk driver was going all willy-nilly and drove past a red light, his front bumper meeting the driver’s seat of the late Mrs. Wang’s convertible. The driver was said to have been put behind bars for the crime, along with having his license revoked and many other things that were listed. Mark could feel a frown forming on his face, but didn't really do much of it; he just made sure not to let tears come out of his eyes.

 

"Poor kid...no wonder he never brings her up; he probably doesn't even remember or know much about the person who gave him life." He told himself sadly, looking at the picture on one of the clippings. In the picture was a beautiful woman, who seemed to be in her late 20's, holding a small boy in her arms with much love and care, both with wide smiles on their young faces.

 

The young Jackson had his mother's smile; filled with life and no worries, happiness radiating from just the sight of it on paper.

 

Mark clicked the print button on his screen and closed the laptop with a small sigh leaving his lips, the sound being overpowered by the printer running. When it got done with it's job, the young Chinese boy took the photograph gently out and clipped it in the 'Wang Family' folder. He stared at the picture a bit longer, the child's face with his thumb and tears beginning to form in his eyes.

 

"I...I don't think I've ever seen Jackson smile like that since I've met him." He thought aloud, "Maybe I should try and get him to smile like that, hopefully before I find myself pointing the gun at his head."

 

He placed the folder on top of his closed laptop, and tiredly stretched out his arms and back.

 

"Today is finally putting a toll on me, meaning it's finally a good time for me to hit the hay. The mission for tomorrow is going to probably take me a while to achieve, so might as well sleep on it."

 

With the smiling little Jackson fixed into his head, he slowly began to run up the staircase to his comfy bedroom, where his fluffy king-sized bed was calling him name.

 

Unbeknownst to him, however, there was a small stranger hiding in the bushes near his living room window, looking straight at his moving figure with binoculars and a slowly creeping smile.

 

"So the  infamous Mark Tuan has no weaknesses? Ha, I call that bull." A plan was forming in his head, calculating every little step he would have to take in order to finish this er off.

 

Either way, he was gonna kill two birds with one stone.

 

Quite literally.

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______


(Note: Hell yeah, a crappy update!! ^^ God, you don't know how sad I was when writing the part about Wang's mom...poor bby ;-; I hope you can forgive me, I didn't even know I was writing that until I looked over it! But, I do know a little thing about our secret little friend...WHICH I WONT TELL YOU ABOUT, MWAHAHAHAHAHA!! Anyways, make sure to leave your awesome comments, or let me know if I made any errors! And, as always, talk to you later, my lovely little pyschopaths~!! <3