Chapter 033: Our Final Night

Operation Kill This Love


 

The building before them wasn't as pristine as Dae and Junhong expected it to be; it was old and cover with rusty spots, with some bits of wire sticking out of the building itself. It looked like a warehouse of sorts, probably abandoned a some odd years ago considering the condition it was left in.

 

"Wow. I can't believe Tats hasn't fixed up this place." Zelo said half-jokingly, hopping out of the passenger seat. "It looks as disturbing as the settings in 'Are You Afraid of the Dark'."

 

"I don't think Himchannie comes here much, Junhong." Daehyun replied, parking the cart under the shadows of close trees and wall of bushes. "If he did, he would've at least made the outside more presentable."

 

"...So I'm guessing one of your colleagues likes tidiness?" Jackson questioned.

 

"Oh Jackson," Zelo shook his head with disappointment, "'tidiness' is only a light way to put it. 'Neat Freak', "Wonder Maid', or just plain OCPD are more suitable for him. Before you're able to even touch him, he has to put on a pair of gloves, grab your hands and lather them with hand sanitizer possibly file your nails."

 

Mark looked over at Daehyun with a shocked look. "Is this true?"

 

"Mhmm. Every word. Having someone with some OCPD as your partner can be quite interesting at times, you know. Sadly, he's still trying to get treatment for it, but the guys we work under don't really give us health insurance, so it's even more of struggle."

 

"Oh...poor guy..."

 

"Mhmm..." Daehyun began to stare off somewhere, but then shook his head and cleared his throat. "Alrighty boys, pull out your guns and follow my lead."

 

“Uh...don’t you think we can just, you know, walk in? I mean, they’re probably not here right now-”

“What did I say, Junhong?”

 

“But what if-”

 

"Junhong! You should know this by now; never let your guard down. They could have walked here and are waiting to ambush us as soon as we walk through those doors."

 

"...Yes, sir..."

 

They did as they were instructed, then began to silently follow Daehyun; Daehyun was at the front, of course, then Zelo, Mark, and lastly Jackson. The quartet had put their backs against the wall, Daehyun slightly shifting himself near the door. There were no audible sounds to indicate anyone being inside as far as Dae heard, except for deep, echoing breaths.

 

"Someone's in there..." He whispered. “Let’s hope it’s just the boys...when I say go, run inside and keep your guns out.”

 

"Yes, sir." Junhong answered.

 

"3...2...1...and...! Go!"

 

The metal doors were kicked open and the boys ran straight in, pointing their guns in every direction. Thankfully, but awkwardly, they were greeted with only the faint breathing and the beeping of the technology. Daehyun, who was standing forward and point north, lowered his gun slightly.

 

"Alright boys, I think it's safe enough to walk through. But do not get distracted by anything here, understand?"

 

He took the many hums as a yes, and began to cautiously stroll onward, the soft footsteps of his colleagues following him. As they got further into the building, there was a growing soft and dingy light source, which then splitted into four separate lights.

 

"What do you want, now, you psychopathic apes!? Don't you think we've had enough?"

 

"That voice..." Zelo mumbled. "wait...that-that's Jinyoung! Jinyoung!!" The blond broke into a run to the glowing lights

 

"Junhong, wait!" Daehyun called out, running after him. Jackson and Mark looked at each other with worry, and followed the two. When they caught up, they were frightened by the sight before them; there were their friends, tied up in chairs and looking bloody and beaten. Their motherly friend was held tightly by Zelo, who sounded as if he was about to cry as he kept apologizing, and Daehyun was doing the same to Youngjae.

 

"Dae...Dae-hyung?" Youngjae whimpered. "What are you doing here? I thought..."

 

"Look, I'm so sorry for what I did to you, I never wanted to put you through this . Believe me when I say I regretted ever following those orders, and I don't ing care if you forgive me or not, I just want to help you get out of here."

 

"Dae..."

 

"The same goes for me." Zelo said quietly. "I'm really sorry for using you and your trust, Jinyoung-umma. Please, let us help you out-"

 

"Hey!"

 

Everyone looked over to Jaebum, who looked worse than the rest.

 

"Is anyone gonna give me and Yug some attention? We got to be part of the ty end too, ya know."

 

"Ahem, right." Dae said awkwardly. "We need to free you guys and get the hell outta here. Jackson, Mark, get Yug and Jaebum, Zelo and I will take care of Jinyoung and Youngjae."

 

Mark hummed and ran over to Yugyeom, Jackson to Jaebum, and they brought out their knives and were beginning to cut the thick ropes.

 

"Mark..." Yugyeom mumbled. "Where's...BamBam...?"

 

"He's resting in the van." Tuan replied. "He wasn't looking too good when we got here. I think he was afraid to come in to see the damage..."

 

"Really?"

 

Mark looked at the boy for a moment; Yugyeom looked and sounded awfully surprised.

 

"Why do you sound surprised?" Mark asked. "Did you not think he would be scared less? He's been this ball of anger and depression since you've been taken."

 

Yugyeom kept silence, his head down and his lips formed into a straight line.

 

"Did something happen when they kidnapped you?" By then, Mark had only a few more pieces of rope to cut through, but was too distracted by Yug's blank face to cut through them.

 

"...BamBam was there..."

 

"What...?"

 

"He was there..." Yug repeated. "He helped them..."

 

"He told me he found your room a mess!"

 

"And you believed him?"

 

Mark bit his lip and sighed defeatedly. "Yeah...I did...but, I think he feels just as guilty as Dae and Junhong do. How about we talk to him after we get you guys out, does that sound good? I'll be there for support."

 

Yugyeom looked to the side for the moment, possibly thinking it through. After a moment, he looked back at Mark and nodded slowly. "I'll try and listen...I won't forgive him that easily though."

 

Tuan hummed in understanding and continued to cut; he stopped when he heard sudden shuffling from behind. Everyone stiffened up, Mark, Jackson, Zelo and Daehyun standing up with their guns back in their hands. They dared not turn around, shifting a bit to act as a shield for their friends-in-distress.

 

"Mark..." Yugyeom whispered with fear. "I think someone's behind you, in the shadows."

 

"Shush." He replied.

 

There was more shuffling, causing Mark to grow a firmer grip on his beretta.

 

"I see you've gotten my tip, Daehyun."

 

Mark looked over to Daehyun, who seemed to slowly turn with his gun pointing outwards.

 

"...Himchan? Is that you?"

 

"Yes, it is. Now, tell your boys to turn themselves around now, I'm not here to cause any harm."

 

"...Boys. Do as he says. But, don't put your guns down."

 

The boys turned around, as they were instructed, as the 'Himchan' figure stepped into the light. The stranger looked around the same height as Junhong, possibly shorter, with his short, dark hair swept to the side, and a face that Mark couldn't read properly into. Himchan looked over to Mark and gave him a questionable smile.

 

"Hello, young Tuan. I'm glad to finally meet you face-to-face instead of face-to-bunny mask. And not stuck on a chair, of course."

 

"Um...nice to meet you too?" the redhead replied confusingly.

 

"Just a quick warning to you all; there's a surprise here just for you!"

 

"Himchan-hyung, what do you-"

 

A gun was suddenly fired from behind, wounding Mark on the back and causing him to fall fall on his knees from the pain. Jackson screamed from the sound, dropping his gun, and was ready to run to Mark, but another shot was fired, but at him and on the knee. A figure then ran from behind the tied individuals into the scene and pulled Wang by his collar to get him to sit straight up; the same person shot Zelo's foot, who also fell, but was sadly also sat on. Himchan soon invited himself into the fun, as he ran and wrapped an arm tightly around Daehyun's neck, choking his former friend and forcing him onto his own knees.

 

The boys on the chairs were stricken with fear, unable to move as everything before them went on; they were afraid to breathe, thinking they would also be taken down.

 

"Good job, Tatsmoto."

 

A figure came out from where Himchan once stood; the familiar face of Bang Yongguk, with a smirk that just oozed with spite.

 

"Oh, what a sight to see. Daehyun, Junhong, I'm so disappointed in seeing you actually trying to disobey my orders. You two should know how I am with people who think they have the nerve to not listen."

 

"How did you know we were coming here tonight?!" Daehyun yelled out, struggling for oxygen.

 

"The trainee told me, of course. How else?" Himchan then pulled BamBam into the light, who looked just as fearful as the others.

 

"BamBam? How could you-?"

 

"The poor boy was given no other choice." Himchan interrupted. "It was either this, or losing his innocent little sister. Quite a good bargain, if you ask me."

 

"Enough talk about that." Yongguk ordered. "Time to get to the real business." He looked over to Mark, who squirmed in Joko's grasp, despite the pain in his back. "My dear Mark, out of everyone here, I am the most disappointed in you. It must be sad to wonder how your father would react to seeing this, his own son, failing such an easy task. What a representation of the Tuan family."

 

Mark did nothing but glare back, which made Yongguk smile even wider. Continuing to stare at the aching redhead, Bang pulled out his very own gun, a M1911 pistol, and pointed it straight at Jackson.

 

“W-what- Hey! Don't point that ing gun at Wang!” Mark cried out, trying to lift himself from the floor, but was choked and pull back by his collar.

 

"Don't worry, Tuan," Yongguk reassured with a vicious smirk. "I'm only trying to do your ing job."

 

Jackson wearily looked up at the leader, stiffening when he felt the cold metal touch the side of his forehead. "His job? Wh...what do you mean by that?"

 

"Oh, Jackson...poor, idiotic, Jackson. How did you not realize this? The only reason that redhead over there came here was to do a job, a mission, and that was to, to put it nicely, execute you. But, much to my dismay, and my company's, he failed to do it."

 

Wang looked over to his friend. "Mark...is this true? They...sent you to...?"

 

Mark couldn't say much of anything; one, because he was afraid to get shot by the guy behind him, and because he didn't want to hear what Jackson would have to say to him. Instead, he nodded with a heavy heart and mentally shielded himself for what Wang would have to say. He would never have expected, however, for Jackson to laugh hysterically, small 'ow's mixing in from the continuing pain in his knee.

 

"What the- what's so funny?!"

 

"I-I'm sorry, I just- ahaha!! That should've been so obvious from when you had that bottle of ethylene glycol!"

 

"...what."

 

"You know, that bottle you had when I went to your house a few days ago? The one you broke and stuff? Aw, don't tell me you didn't know what you were holding!"

 

It was then Zelo's turn to be dumbstruck. "How did you know what it was?"

 

"Well, if it was hydrochloric acid, Mark's hand would've been burned instantly from contact with the liquid!"

 

Everyone, including Yongguk, stared at the boy with shocked faces, to which he replied with, "There's something called a science class. Maybe you guys should go there sometime; it would probably help you with your career."

 

"..." Jongup, who happened to hold Jackson and Zelo as his own hostages, lowered his gun leadenly and shot another bullet in Jackson's shin, earning a yelp of pain. "You're not funny."

 

"C-can you not be so trigger happy, Jongup-hyung?" BamBam whined. "You could've at least shot the bullet on the ground next to him..."

 

"Aww, but what fun would that be?" Dada replied with a smirk.

 

"How about you don't shoot at all, jackass?!" Jackson whined pathetically, nursing his abused leg.

 

"Oh, are you asking for another bullet to the leg, pretty boy?" Jongup threatened, pulling on the boy's collar.

 

Wang bit his lip to quiet his whimpers. "N-no..."

 

Mark growled with anger, squirming once more to try to get closer to Jackson, but to no avail. The more he wriggled and writhed, the more he seethed through teeth from his pain and the grip that Youngjae (Yoo) held on his collar.

 

“Aww, did Markie grow some feelings for the little fencer?” Joko taunted. “Is that why you’ve been slacking off?”

 

There was no reply, only the on-going task of inching away.

 

"Yongguk-hyung, why don't you just kill him off already? That's what this whole thing's been about, right?"

 

"You are very correct, Yoo, but I want to take this slow, you na mean? At least explain the truth to our real target before we get the job done." The way Yongguk stressed the word 'real' sent shivers down Mark's spine.

 

"What-what do you mean? Are you saying the Jackson was never the objective?"

 

"Of course he wasn't the objective; why would anyone want that kid gone, besides his smartass behavior and annoying personality. Sadly, he was the only way to lure you over here without raising any suspicion from your father."

 

"Me?"

 

"Yes, you. The only thing that had any importance to this ing trainwreck was you. How you would act, how you would socialize, and how you would inevitably die under my terms."

 

As Yongguk said this, he turned his gun towards Mark, with a vicious smile.

 

"Even the greatest of legacies must end so tragically, don't you think, Mark?"

 

The gun was fired, Mark flinching and closing his eyes, preparing for the insufferable pain; there was a light gasp, but he didn't recognize it as his own. He tilted his head upwards and peered through his locks of hair, a lump forming in his throat from the sight before him. In front of him, on his knees and letting out harsh and pained breaths, was Daehyun, his dark shirt shimmering dark reds in the light where the bullet was shyly poking out from his torso. He seemed to lift his head up, and looked straight at Yongguk, whose mouth was agape.

 

"Ha...aha...so you do care?" Daehyun, with a tiresome sigh, then fell to his side, hopefully just unconscious in Mark's mind.

 

"D...Daehyun!!" Youngjae (Choi) cried pitifully. "D-Dae!!"

 

Things fell disturbingly quiet in the isolated warehouse, besides the sobs from the overly-emotional Youngjae. Yongguk's group seemed to have loosened on BamBam's arm, as the boy was able to slip free and run towards Daehyun's body in fear.

 

"...No..." Mark could hear Junhong faintly mumble. "Dae...Dae-hyung...Daehyun!!"

 

Zelo rolled out from under Jongup's weight, who stumbled to the side and lost his grip on Jackson's shirt.

 

"Freedom!" Jackson smiled widely.

 

"Hold it right there!" Himchan hollered, but was then silenced by a hateful kick to the side by the red-faced Choi Youngjae.

 

" you!" He spat.

 

"Wow," Jaebum breathed out. "I think that's the first time I've ever heard you curse."

 

"I just wanna get the hell outta this!" Youngjae barked as he squirmed in his chair.

 

Zelo kicked Jongup in the stomach, who in turn curled into a ball from the pain. Junhong then took back his Walther and swiftly his heels and shot Joko on the shoulder before the other could have a chance to react, along with Yongguk. Jackson then smiled as he ran to Mark's spot, but not without delivering his own 'special' message; a punch straight in the jaw.

 

"No er hurts my Mark like that." He growled, but turned sweeter as he kneeled down next to Mark and gently began to pick him up.

 

"BamBam, is the van outside the building?"

 

"Mhmm."

 

"Good. I'll go and put Mark in the van then, and I'll come back to grab Dae. In the meantime, grab a knife and cut the ropes the rest of the way."

 

"Sir, yes, sir!"

 

"Oh, by the way, be careful with Youngjae; he seems to be a bit of a kicker."

 

With a chuckle, BamBam grabbed the closest knife and went for Yugyeom; at the same time, Jackson limped out, holding a thankful Mark tightly in his arms.

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

 

BamBam was sitting impatiently in the waiting room of the hospital; the person sitting next to him was none other than Papa Tuan, who was more anxious than he.

 

It was a great coincidence that, as Jackson was setting Mark down comfortably in the back of the van, Mark's phone happened to ring. The person on the other side, his father, seemed to be screaming and telling him things like ‘it was all a trap’ or ‘don’t do anything, I’m coming over’; all things that were told a bit too late. Mark, who was still in pain, was given the honor to tell Papa Tuan that everything already went down, and that he should probably find the closest hospital for Mark and his friends to go to.

 

Needless to say, Papa Tuan took care of his son, along with his friends and, of course, the gang that was found unconscious in the warehouse. The man had endless connections in the heart of Seoul, so there was no issue to find a hospital to hide his son and their identities in, along with only a handful to even see them as patients. Along with that, he made sure that, under Mark’s orders, the team would check BamBam’s house to see if Baby was left unharmed, and that she would be watched over by Mark’s older sisters to make sure nothing happens while they were there. After all that was cleared out, Papa Tuan and another unit from their company drove over to take the B.A.P boys to the base in Korea, as well as to investigate the warehouse to see if anything else happened to be afoot.

 

Then there the duo were, waiting to hear any sort of news from the doctors or nurses that were taking care of the wounded members. During the time they were sitting there, they were randomly talking about things, and it even got to the point where Papa Tuan was actually talking about hiring BamBam, but not as a hitman, but as an ‘assistant’.

 

“After what I've heard from Mark over the phone, I wanted to at least help you out." he had said.

 

A doctor, after a long while, walked out out the room with a clipboard in his arms and a familiar smile on his face. Papa Tuan and BamBam stood from their chairs and surrounded him.

 

"What can you tell us, Minseok?" Papa Tuan asked. "Are the boys alright?"

 

"How about Dae-hyung?" BamBam added.

 

"They're all fine!" Dr. Kim reassured. "Just some minor bullet wounds, which we already wrapped up and took care of. As for him, however, he's going to have to stay here for a bit longer."

 

"W-why!?"

 

"Though the bullet didn't hit anything vital, it did hit the kidney pretty badly. We're gonna have to do some surgery for him to take care of that problem. Other than that, and a bit of blood loss, I can assure you that he'll be perfectly fine with the next month or two."

 

"And Mark?" The father pleaded.

 

"He's healing right as we speak. Would you three like to visit for a bit?"

 

"Yes please." Papa thanked.

 

"Alright, then follow me if you please."

 

They followed in haste to the large hospital room, to find the seven beds lined up across the massive area. They seemed to be doing okay, mostly just tired from the painkillers the doctor gave them beforehand. All of them were hidden by bandages in one way or another, or have one of their limbs stuck on a hanging sling.

 

"I'll leave you all to talk." Minseok said sweetly, shutting the door behind him quietly to not disturb the patients as much.

 

BamBam, of course, ran straight to Yugyeom's bed, while Papa Tuan went to Mark and Jackson's. Yugyeom looked very beaten and tired, the cuts he had on his face bandaged up and the bruises most likely iced before. Jackson had his [left] leg bandaged from slightly above the knee to his ankle and trapped in a sling; Mark looked almost annoyed by the discomfort of having to be shirtless to not have the wound get 'infected'.

 

"You two okay?" Papa asked.

 

"Meh, but we could've been in worse condition." Jackson replied, trying to lift the mood to a slightly less dreary one.

 

"Hey!" Jaebum yelled out. "They would've probably just made your face look uglier than it does now!"

 

"Don't take your anger out on me, man! I was just saying! At least we're able to get better after this!"

 

"How about you, my little ? How're you holding up?" Papa Tuan looked at his son, ignoring the screaming nearby.

 

"Really, Dad? You better be lucky I'm stuck in this damn bed, or else I would've-!"

 

"Okay, I think you're fine."

 

The redhead sent a glare at his father, but couldn't keep the smile from coming out. However, the ongoing screamfest next to him was starting to get on his nerves pretty quickly.

 

"Will you two shut the hell up!?" He yelled.

 

"...Sorry, Mark-hyung." Jackson whispered. "Are you okay though?"

 

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm going to have an aching pain in my back for a while, but i don't think I can compete for what you're gonna have to do for your leg." Mark looked up to the sling with a guilty face.

 

"Oh, don't worry hyung, I'll be fine. I'm going to have to explain a whole lot to my dad though..."

 

"Don't worry, I'll take care of that." Papa Tuan comforted with a smile.

 

"Thank you, sir."

 

"Anytime, kid. After what you had to go through, which was probably not fun, I don't think you'll be getting in too much trouble."

 

"So, and this is probably random, does this mean I can keep Mark here in Korea for a bit longer?"

 

"Um...why?"

 

"Well, before we went in, I told him I was gonna take him out camping if we 'won'. And since we're still alive, and will probably heal soon, I'm keeping my word."

 

"Only if Mark would like to."

 

The two looked at Mark who, within a few minutes, somehow dozed off as the two were small talking.

 

Papa then chuckled and said, "I think we should ask him tomorrow, don't you think?"

 

Jackson chuckled and nodded his head in reply.

 

Meanwhile, BamBam had to keep himself from hugging Yugyeom to death, as to not cause anymore pain to his friend.

 

"Yugi...?"

 

"Hm?"

 

"Are you mad at me still?" He asked shyly. "You have every right to, but...I just wanna know..."

 

"BamBam..."

 

"Aw, wait, don't even answer. It's probably the words that you're-"

 

"I forgive you."

 

BamBam lifted his head up to stare at Yug in shock.

 

"What do you mean?! How could you?! After I befriended you and then used your trust against you and lied to you, an-and betrayed you, you somehow forgive me? Did you get your head thrown against a wall while you were in there or something like that-!"

 

BamBam was suddenly tugged by the arm into Yugyeom's embrace. The sudden move made him turn a dark red, and almost got him to try and squirm away; but instead, he hugged the youngster right back, gently of course.

 

"Mark told me how you were acting after I was gone." Yugyeom admitted. "And, believe me, at first, I didn't think you actually had any sort of feelings towards me after what you did. I still don't trust you to a certain extent, but I'm willing to let it go, and let you prove you actually want to be forgiven. Okay?

 

He had let go of Bambam loosely and pushed him away a bit to look at his eyes; BamBam's comforting orbs looked teary. The boy nodded and hugged Yugyeom even tighter.

 

"I'll b-be good...I-I promise..."

 

"I know." The boy replied with a smile, as he nuzzled into his elder's neck.

 

The door suddenly opened, and Dr. Kim entered the room once more.

 

"Visiting hours are over, gentlemen. I'll call you two tomorrow to let you know when you can come back over, okay?"

 

Papa Tuan and BamBam nodded, and got up from their chairs. BamBam gave Yugyeom a quick kiss on the cheek before running off in embarrassment; Papa Tuan gave Jackson a gentle hug, and his sleeping son a kiss on the forehead, before following the doctor out of the room.

 

"Good night, boys, I'll see you in the morning." The doctor said, giving one last smile before shutting off the lights, and closing the door behind him.

 

_______xOperation Kill this Lovex_______

 

(Note: Wow...I'm actually sad that I finished this so quickly...14 pages written in under 3 days...but, nevertheless, here is the conclusion for OKTL, finally completed after months worth of blood, sweat, tears and many pages of words. Thank you to all the people who have read this since the very beginning, and to the people that followed soon after. This was an amazing story that I'm pleased to say is the first multi-chaptered story that was completed. If it wasn't for all of you reading this, I would have never continued on with this, so I also give credit to you, dear readers, who made this possible.


Now, this isn't a final goodbye, as I may start another story (that will probably not be Until Then, which was already explained), so I hope you all look forward to that! Now, this is my last goodbye in this story, but I will hopefully talk to you all later, my lovely Pyschopaths~ ☆〜(ゝ。∂)