Chapter 031: Mornings, Man

Operation Kill This Love


 

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep-

 

The annoying sound of the alarm clock went silent as Daehyun smashed the snooze button. He groaned and lifted a heavy eyelid, to check the time; it was around five-thirty in the morning, the time where he had set the alarm at. With a heavy and deep sigh, he kicked the warm covers off his body to get himself up, regretting it seconds later as the cold touched his bare skin. In haste, Dae felt around his feet and pulled the blanket back around him as he sat up. He really hated the cold mornings, especially if they were because of the upcoming seasons.

 

‘I don't want to get out of bed...but its time to begin the preparations...’

 

Daehyun sadly wasn't able to sleep all that well throughout the night, as when he would begin to drift off, one of the first things that would see was his precious Youngjae's face. Now, Dae had never personally seen Choi whenever he was feeling down or angry, but there it would be nonetheless staring straight at him; the look of betrayal in Youngjae's teary eyes. Just the thought of that face made Dae cringe with guilt, as no one in the world could take the blame but himself.

 

'I'm sorry, Youngjae...I hope you'll at least look at me when we free you from that hellhole...'

 

He twisted his body to the side and slipped his feet in to his rabbit slippers, getting up from the bed and slowly moving towards his closet. With the blanket still wrapped around him, Daehyun started to look through the multitude of shirts that were hanging neatly side-by-side, in the end going for the black turtleneck; comfy, simple, and something good to wear for the fall weather. He then grabbed some dark jeans and shrugged the blanket off to get dressed. As he was dressing, his mind started to wake up and run by on what exactly he had to do before waking the boys up.

 

"I wonder which guns I should pack..." He mumbled to no one in particular. "It's a no-brainer to not pack in the large ones, since I don't think those are needed for something simple like this." Daehyun pulled his pants up and buttoned and zipped them. "Maybe I could grab the boys some of those holsters, in case I decide to grab some of the knives. I think I left them in a chest somewhere in the bathroom...Eh, I'll check there later."

 

He continued to plan quietly to himself as he snuck out of his room and headed over to the basement, a few mumbled words slipping out of his fleshy lips. He had put himself at a halt, however, as he saw a figure sitting on the couch and spinning what looked like a gun around his hand. From his tired eyes and lack of light, it wasn't very easy to tell it who it was, but nevertheless, it was bothering him that they were up at the ungodly hours.

 

"Um, young man? Why aren't you in bed?"

 

"Couldn't sleep."

 

'Kunpimook? Ah, the size of the figure should've hinted this...'

 

"Couldn't sleep? Was the bed not comfortable? You could've asked to have my bed if you needed to-"

 

"The bed was fine, Dae-hyung." BamBam interrupted with a small chuckle. "Thank you, but it was comfy. I just wasn't able to sleep well is all. My mind was just...having one of those moments of over thinking about today's upcoming mission. Like, what would happen if we failed, if we succeeded, if...just a lot of 'if's came to mind."

 

"I see...then I guess we're kind of on the same boat, Kunpi. I didn't get much sleep myself last night."

 

"Oh...I'm sorry."

 

"There's no need for you to be sorry, my dear boy. Today's a really important day, so it's normal to stress over such a thing."

 

"Hm..."

 

They both stayed quiet for a moment, a small yawn leaving BamBam's mouth.

 

"You know, while we drive there, you can take a nap at the back of the van. I'll grab you a few pillows and blankets before we head off." Dae offered with a kind smile.

 

"I'll be fine, hyung. Besides, I don't want to shoot with drowsy eyes. Who knows what the bullet would hit if I did that."

 

BamBam laughed quietly to himself, and looked up at Daehyun with a small smile.

 

"Hey hyung?"

 

“Hm?”

 

“What kept you up last night? I mean, if you’re okay with talking about it with me.”

 

Daehyun bit his lip, a little uncomfortable with bringing it up, but decided to anyways; BamBam needed to know he wasn’t the only one a little scared.

 

He sighed, and admitted with a somewhat saddened tone, “It was mostly about Youngjae...not Yoo, of course, but Choi."

 

"Ahh...What was he doing?"

 

"Nothing."

 

"Nothing?"

 

"Nothing." Dae repeated. "He just...kept looking at me, with such sad eyes…It was as if he was disappointed in me. To be honest though, it would be understandable if he was. After what I had done, there's no doubt that he despises me now, and will possibly never trust me again."

 

BamBam felt his heart jerk with pity at the gloom that crossed his elder's soft and tired face. There was indeed that moment they would both have to face; seeing Yugyeom and Youngjae in their cells, glaring back at them with built-up hatred, would be painful. It would be the hardest thing for the both of them, and that could also be said by Zelo with Jinyoung, who also seemed to have formed a sort of bond. Sometimes, BamBam wished someone told him beforehand the disadvantages to the life of an assassin.

 

“Ehe...Oh yeah. I almost forgot about that...” BamBam mumbled.

 

“Really? Did you not want to remember? Oh God, I’m sorry Kunpi, I didn’t mean for you to get sad again! I shouldn’t have let that slip out-”

 

“Hyung!” BamBam got up and hugged Daehyun reassuringly. “It’s fine. I know you didn’t mean to. There’s no need to ramble on with apologies, okay?”

 

"You sure, BamBam?” Daehyun pouted as he looked down at his younger friend.

 

BamBam nodded and smiled up at him. “It’s something that would happen eventually anyways, so don’t worry about it.”

 

Daehyun hummed and smiled back, patting the boy's head gently. He then took his eyes off the boys to look over at the wallclock to check the time, and had nearly let out a string of cuss words at the time.

 

“Crap!” he yelled out. “It’s nearly six-thirty and I have yet to get our stuff together!" Dae pulled his arms away from BamBam and tangled his fingers in his hair. "I need to get down the basement and start packing!”

 

“Do you need some help, Mr. Worry-Wart?”

 

“If you don’t mind! Then we can make a quick breakfast before we head out the door.”

 

“That sounds like a plan to me!”

 

They quickly disbanded from the living room area and dashed over to the hallway, where the basement was waiting patiently for the door to be opened.

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

 

The other three were up and getting dressed at around eight in the morning, the sleep still visible in their eyes. They were anything but ready to start training again, or do anything else except going back to bed; well, except for Mark.

 

When he was first awoken by BamBam's morning calls, he mumbled angrily and started cuddling into something that he didn't quite think was there before. Confused on what was giving him the extra warmth and comfort, he opened his eyes slowly, and nearly screamed as he was only inches away from Jackson's peaceful face. He began to squirm around to escape the the arms that were completely wrapped around him and holding him hostage, but to no possible avail. It wasn't until Mark had to knee his 'cuddle buddy' in the stomach that he was able to free himself, with the cost of Jackson's lower abdomen of course. Needless to say, Jackson was still in pain, and Mark surely did not want to remind himself of the sleeping incident.

 

"Do you think Jackson'll be alright?" Junhong asked quietly.

 

Mark looked over at the boy in question, and from the look of it, he seemed to look more tired than in pain.

 

"He'll be fine" Mark replied soothingly. "He's a strong guy."

 

Junhong hummed in some agreement, cautiously looking over at Wang with concern. "If you say so. We should have the first-aid kit next to us during the drive, just in case."

 

"That sounds like a plan."

 

The two grabbed the extra combs that BamBam had left for them in a bag on the nearby dresser and started brushing lightly through their curly, matted hairs. Jackson, who apparently had come prepared, pulled out a hairbrush from his own bag and brushed his own hair before putting on his cap.

 

"Let's go, boys!" Jackson sang as he headed straight for the door.

 

'Wait...didn't Daehyun say we were starting the training as soon as we woke up?' Mark thought worriedly as he watched Jackson pull the door wide open.

 

"Good morning world-ahhhh!" A sudden bang echoed from the outside, Jackson fortunately hopping with fear into Mark's open arms before the unexpected bullet could hit him.

 

"Whatthewhatthewhatthewhatthe?!" He screamed.

 

Junhong had put himself to action and ran to the door to slam it shut, which stopped the next bullet from entering the room.

 

"Mark!" Zelo called. "Check if there's anything else in the bag."

 

The eldest in the room nodded and, with Jackson still holding on tightly to his form, slowly dragged them both back over to the dresser. With his free arm, he was able to dig his hand into the bag, and felt something metal and familiar: guns. Mark grabbed the handle of the one he had felt and pulled it out, nearly screeching with joy to see the most familiar of guns, which was his own.

 

"Baby Beretta!!" Mark cheered as he kissed the gun's grip. The hunk of weaponry he was holding was was a Beretta 92fs, or, as he named it, Baby Beretta. It was his very first gun when he was in training, and had been shooting with it/her for the past three-and-a-half years.

 

"Baby Beretta...?" Jackson questioned. "Wait, is that your gun?!"

 

"Huh? O-oh! Well, uh, yeah. My uh...dad got it for me when I was younger. But, I'm confused on how it's here when I could've sworn that I had left it at home."

 

"Maybe Daehyun went to your house and looked through your stuff." Zelo replied nonchalantly, earning an almost surprised like from Jackson.

 

Mark hummed and shrugged. “That could be the case. Now, did he leave my bullets untouched?” He took his other arm off of Jackson (much to the other's dismay) and cautiously looked in the barrel. "Sweet, they're all still in here."

 

"Hey, could you check to see if there's anything Jackson and I could use?"

 

"Mhmm." Mark turned his full attention to the bag and started digging through the bag again, pulling out what he quickly identified as a Walther.

 

"I have a feeling this one is for you, Zelo." Mark announced as stretched the gun out to Junhong, who happily walked over and grabbed the gun.

 

"Ahh, my Walther PK380...so many memories with this one. Some unpleasant, but still memories."

 

"Oh, is there one in there for me, Mark?" Jackson asked, suddenly excited and jealous with the cool guns the others required.

 

"I don't know, lemme see." Mark went through the bag once more and, much to his nervous delight, felt another gun hiding at the bottom. When he pulled it out to show it off, he had to try and stifle his laughter; poor Jackson was stuck with a Springfield XD, one of the most noobiest of guns.

 

"Mark, are you alright? You seem a bit red."

 

"H-uh? Oh yeah, I'm just dandy, Jackson." a small but loud chuckle escaped his lips. "It's just...you got one of the most- most coolest guns ever, right Junhong?"

 

They duo looked at the tall blond, who seemed to have just as hard of a time keeping his laughter to himself. When the blond saw them staring, he stood up straight and cleared his throat.

 

"Yeah. Like, such a totally radical gun. I'm...totally jealous." He lied, his smile wavering from the amount of laughter he was keeping down.

 

It got Jackson to be a little egotistical about though, as he grabbed the Springfield and attempted to spin it around like a cool kid; sadly, he accidentally pulled the trigger and one of the bullets went straight into the ceiling. Mark and Zelo weren’t able to hold in their laughter any longer after that, and ended up falling on their knees from lack of proper oxygen.

 

“Where's the safety thing on this stupid thing?!" Jackson panicked.

 

"You don't need it on safety right now." Zelo managed to say as his giggle factor died down. "We have some training to do with these babies."

 

"Wait, we're going to shoot them?! Aren't they on our side?!"

 

"Oh relax, Jackson, this is only practice." Mark reassured as he grabbed a pillow. "We can at least use these to protect ourselves."

 

"But-but they're just pillows!"

 

"That doesn't mean they're not useful! Now let's go!"

 

In a flash, Mark was at the door, pillow in one hand and his makeshift shield in the other; Zelo grabbed his own pillow and followed in suit. Jackson, though shocked to see the seriousness on their faces from this measly 'practice', grabbed a pillow with a nervous hand and stood behind Zelo.

 

"Alright boys, just follow my lead." Mark ordered. "The shooter is using the couch as their defense, so when his head pops out the next time he shoots and, on my mark, we throw the pillows at him as a distraction. Do I make myself clear?"

 

"Yes sir!" The younger two said in unison, though Wang was more quiet.

 

"Okay, then keep your guns out and be ready to run in 3..." He placed his hand on the doorknob. "2..." He twisted it to the side. "...1! Let's go, go, go!!"

 

As soon as the door swung open, all three ran out, Jackson running more frantically and hiding his face behind the pillow. Bullets began to get fired at them, each one thankfully hitting the wall instead of them.

 

"Hide!" Mark hollered. The two followed him and ducked behind the other couch, Jackson screeching as a bullet zoomed past his head before he crouched down.

 

"Is this what it's really like, Zelo?!" Jackson asked.

 

"Oh no, it's a lot more intense and deadly." Zelo replied, laughing at the sudden shock that crossed the Wang's face. "You'll see when we're doing the real deal tonight."

 

"W-what?!"

 

"Boys!" Mark interrupted. "On the count of three, throw the pillows and run to the kitchen! 1!!"

 

"But the kitchen's all the way over there!"

 

"2!"

 

"But Mark-!!"

 

"3!! Run, ers, run!!"

 

There was an explosion of war cries, gunshots and objects of fluffy proportions, as the trio escaped to the kitchen. When the slid in, Jackson pathetically falling to his knees and thanking God he was safe, they were also met with the smell of a gourmet breakfast, and a patient Daehyun.

 

"Took you boys long enough." The elder joked as he took a sip of his coffee. "You should probably sit down and eat before your breakfast gets cold. And you too, BamBam!!"

 

BamBam then walked into the kitchen, his gun (identified as a Colt), and answered happily, "Ready to eat, sir!!"

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

 

(Note: ...so...this is possibly the second to last chapter...or the third, depending on how I'm gonna write 032. To be honest, I'm going to take a while on writing this so I can be emotionally ready to finish this story off...If the next one happens to be the last chapter, then I wanna say that I've enjoyed not only writing this, but also reading the nice comments some of you left me, and the fact that a whole BUNCH of you were willing to stick around to the end. So, to you, my subscribers, I want to say thank you, and this in general has been real amazing. (つД`)ノ Until the last chapter, my Psychopaths~


(Long Author's note is long)