Chapter 011: Cookie Encounter

Operation Kill This Love


 

The duo stayed at the Coffee Shop all morning long, talking with Youngjae and Daehyun while eating almost everything on the menu; well, Jackson was. If it wasn't for the fact that Daehyun was a Baking God, the spoiled brat wouldn't be able to have all the muffins, cakes and other baked goods served to him on the white platters he was given. He would go as far as to ask for more with the last huge bites he took in his mouth, with an unflattering amount of crumbs spilling out of his chubby cheeks.

 

Mark, however, only took little bits and pieces off his food, eyeing his hyung every time he took a bite. The food was delicious, to say the least, but the strange feeling he got from this 'Dae' character wasn't helping his appetite much. But, it would brush off every now and again as he saw how Youngjae and Daehyun would put their arms around each other constantly, one always touching the other at all times, but clearly thinking nothing of it. Youngjae was a loving person, and would sometimes be the one left out of the group whenever Jackson started eating with them (beginning on the third week since Mark's arrival), so Youngjae must've felt attached to this man for giving him the much needed attention.

 

"So Mark, are you enjoying your breakfast?" Youngjae asked with his cute little smile.

 

Mark nodded in reply and started downing his food a little faster and taking bigger bites, as to emphasize it.

 

Jackson, of course, didn't even have to answer it verbally; the many empty plates surrounding him and him chowing down on a slice of coffee cake was enough evidence for them.

 

Daehyun chuckled and said with his abnormally cheerful tone, "I'm glad you boys are liking it! Now, besides hanging around here, what are you boys planning on doing the rest of the day?"

 

Jackson wiped his mouth clean of the sticky crumbs, and replied, "I'm gonna hang around here a bit longer, then as soon as I get home, I'm taking a long freaking nap."

 

Dae hummed at Wang's answer, then turned his attention to Mark.

 

"And what about you, young man?"

 

The Tuan pursed his small plump lips, looking at the table with furrowed brows while deep in thought. He was originally planning on sleeping in 'till one thirty and maybe get some target practice done with his Baby Beretta (yes, that is what he calls his gun), but since he was awoken by an annoying Jackson, he could possibly continue with his brainstorming involving his mission.

 

"I think I'm gonna head home now, I got some work to do...like the essay for our project." He pointed over at Jackson, who was yet again stuffing his face.

 

Youngjae pouted at this, but smiled shortly after when he said, "Alright I guess. I wish you could stay a little bit longer, but I wouldn't want to be the person to effect your grade."

 

Mark grinned as he patted the young boy's hand, before getting up from the small chair and heading out the door.

 

"Oh, wait a moment!"

 

Tuan looked over his shoulder with a puzzled expression, only to see a cheeky Daehyun, who seemed to be holding something small in his hands.

 

"Since you seemed to not be that hungry, I took the liberty of getting you a small take out box filled with little snacks for later."

 

"Um...thanks, I guess."

 

With caution and maybe uneasiness, he took the box out of his hyung's hands and walked out the door to face the fall breeze once more.

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

 

The weather seemed to grow more chilly as the clocks deemed the time to be mid-afternoon. By now, Jackson would be at his 'luxurious' abode sleeping, Youngjae and Daehyun would still be working in the warmth of their little cafe, and Mark?

 

He was in the lounge area of his home, staring at the snack box.

 

It was placed in the dead center of Mark's desk, just so that he could see the small details, like the dent in the right corner, or the squashed tip on the top left corner of the lid. He already checked the inside of the box, and saw only little cookies that he had yet to touch. Although nothing seemed wrong, there was one thing that kept bothering him.

 

The rabbits.

 

There was no other design except for the six little rabbit heads that were scattered across the lid, each a different color and a different style. There was a blue one that was robotic-looking, a green angry one with spikes on its cheeks, a white and yellow one with a mask that reminded Mark of a clown, a black and white one, one with a plain pink mask, and finally, a red one with a gasmask in the center of them all. Something seemed familiar about the small logos, but he had yet to place is specifically where he'd seen them before. With a huff, he flipped the lid to see the interior of the box again.

 

There were many kinds of cookies; snickerdoodles, chocolate chips, sugar cookies, but they were all shaped like the rabbit heads on the lid. He picked up one, a sugar cookie, and looked at it more closely, more specifically at the small clusters of sugar.

 

'There seems to be nothing wrong with it...I still can’t help but feel weary...'

 

Mark felt hesitant, but began to bring the cookie to his lips. The small bite fell into his mouth with no problem, save for the small crumbs, and it wasn't half bad.

 

"I should ask him for the recipe for this, it's pretty...pretty..."

 

Thud.

 

'When did the ground get here? And why do I feel so...'

 

Yawn. Thu-dump.

 

Two figures slipped in shortly after the auditory signal in the household, their main way of entrance unknown. They looked at the unconscious older male, who had the cookie only centimeters away from his hand, then at the y-trapped box of sweets.

 

"So he couldn't resist the temptation after all...I guess I owe Keke some cash."

 

The younger one chuckled in response, his usual figure looking dark.

 

"Grab the guy, I'll call the Hyungs." The taller one ordered.

 

"Yes sir."

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

 

There was a groan of unexplained pain in the dim and large room. Mark Tuan, who was on the verge of awakening, was tied down to an old wooden chair, small splinters pricking at his numb skin. He opened his eyes, but only just a bit, as his body was still lacking energy. Mark looked at his surroundings tiredly, and thought to himself angrily, 'I knew that was gonna be a bad cookie!'.

 

He wished to just thrash about the rope in anger, but he knew better; it's not like he wasn't in that sort of situation before. It was only a couple years ago, but the rope burns from then still stung.

 

"Hey, is anyone in here?" He yelled into the empy space, hearing nothing more than the chatter of mice and his echo.

 

"Helloo!! Is this the way you treat your guests? Just leaving them alone, tied to a chair, and without something to snack on?"

 

"Ugh, you're already annoying me. Keke, can you shove another one of those cookies down his throat?"

 

Mark looked around for the stranger, and instead found seven shadows standing a few feet away from his left. They all seemed tall, the one on the far end towering over all of them, and had...rabbit ears?

 

'What the ...'

 

"Now Dada, that's not very nice. But even if I would do so, Toto already threw the box into the incinerator."

 

From what light he had, Mark could see one of the males crossing his arms and let out a strong huff, which led him to guess that that was Dada; which meant the guy next to him was probably Keke. He was a little confused on the 'Dada', 'Keke' and 'Toto' nicknames, but then again, he's heard some that were worse, like the nickname bestowed upon him by his father. The robotic voices didn't surprise him very much either; they most likely didn't want to be unmasked so easily.

 

One of the other males, that was in the middle of the line, took a visible step out and cleared his throat. The whiner straightened up quickly, which led Mark to believe that the guy up front must've been the leader.

 

"Mark Tuan, it's about time that we met, hm?" The stranger's voice was deep, insinuating, and staticky, which frightened the Chinese-American; but of course, he didn't show any signs of it. This being an old-fashioned interrogation, or as Mark believed it was, it was best to show no signs of vulnerability, even if the man doing the interrogating sounded scary as hell.

 

"Tatsmato, mind turning the lights on for me?"

 

A sudden flash took over Tuan's vision, blinding him for maybe a few short minutes. As everything dimmed down, he slowly opened his eyes and nearly gasped at the sight before him. There were seven males where the dark figures once were, and they indeed had big rabbit ears.

 

But it was a part of their mask.

 

Each of them were wearing a huge rabbit-looking visor that were nearly identical to the designs that were on Mark’s little cookie box. The robot-looking rabbit was the tallest of the six, towering over the others in the line, including the empowering red leader. The clown rabbit didn't seem all that funny or amused, what with his stern pose; nor did the white one look classy and sophisticated, but instead very cynical and bouncy. The pink one, standing next to the blue, read nothing but pure business with his stature, sending an uncomfortable vibe. There was also a green one that was near the white male with arms at his sides and a slouching figure, leading Tuan to believe that that one was indeed the whining Dada. The last one, however, wasn’t much like the other six; his mask was dark ebony with a gold accent, not as designed, and was physically much smaller.

 

'I don't think his mask was on the box.' Tuan noted.

 

The red rabbit in the center was still eyeing Mark, even though his eyes were not clearly visible; the boy could feel it. The instinct to squirm was trying to take over, but he wouldn't have any of it; there was no need for him to be weak in a time like this.

 

Unless they were planning on killing him; then that would be the time to panic.

 

"Are you done looking around?" The frontman asked teasingly, earning a face from the young lad.

 

"Good. Now, I think I should introduce myself before I go into the main subject of why you were brought here." He placed his large hands on both sides of his false face, slowly sliding it off to reveal a true face of power.

 

The smooth face of the leader looked anything but friendly, the snide smile that was carved into it adding to the effect. His dark eyes, small but open, held a fire of authority and self-righteousness that also reflected in his stance and strong-looking build. His hair was a deep reddish-auburn and had a spiked style to it, which actually looked very nice in Tuan's opinion. Nonetheless, he was the head of this surprise operation; and not to mention the man who must have hired Mark in the first place.

 

"I'm Bang Yongguk, head of the B.A.P Division of TS Enterprise." He stated as he placed the rabbit head on an empty crate. "I'm known as a man of good virtue; a man that stays true to his word, no matter what's at hand. There's nothing I won't do for the rest of society, even if it was just for one small person. At least...if there is a price, for me to do so."

 

Mark didn't even realize the man was walking towards him until his face met the elder's chest, forcing him to look up into the man's eyes.

 

"And what does all that have to do with me, sir?" Tuan asked solemnly.

 

"I'm glad you asked!" The elder exclaimed, "Since you've been going to the school, a little helper of mine has been keeping an eye on you and your progress and, well...barely has anything to say. Except, of course, for the fact that Wang is still breathing and roaming the halls. Now, he wouldn't be doing so if I had sent one of my boys out to get him," He gestured to the five behind him in a courteous manner.

 

"But I decided to throw a bone to you and your father's company, see if you're just as good as people say you are." He bent down to Mark's fixed height, his smile turning into a cruel smirk. "I see now that I have to...persuade you to get it done."

 

There was something boiling in Yongguk's mind, Mark suspected, and he didn't like where it would lead to.

 

"You have two weeks to get this done, Tuan.Now, I realize I'm being a bit too nice with that amount of time, but I think you'll get the job done much quicker once you know the repercussion of this little negotiation."

 

"What do you mean by that?" Mark growled.

 

The man chuckled at this, and said nonchalantly, "Oh, what I mean is, the longer it takes for you to finish Jackson, the faster each one of your friends will disappear from-"

 

"Don't you dare with them, Bang!! They have nothing to with this." The boy began to squirm in his place, the rope rubbing against his bare arms. This seemed amusing to the men in the background, as they all laughed at the kid's wimpy behavior; well, except for two.

 

"As I was saying," Yongguk announced snidely, "Your friends will be disappearing from the city and on the last day of the two weeks, they'll be taken out. Okay, now that we got that all finished up, knock him out." He turned around and walked away, two of his goons walking towards the captive.

 

Mark began to spit out profanities at the walking figure, going so far as to try and stand from his seat with what movement he was able to do. Sadly, he fell with this attempt, but tried to wriggle out instead.

 

"I swear to God if you touch them, I'll-!!"

 

He then fell silent, his eyes feeling heavy as the cloth of chloroform covered his nostrils. Toto sighed as he pulled the cloth off the unconscious Mark's face, while Keke looked down and the poor boy with disappointment in his hidden eyes.

 

"Toto, put the kid in my truck; I'll take him home."

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______


(Note: YUS, I GOT THE COOL SCENE OUT!! God, it took me forever to figure out how to write this ish...oh well!! This is, I think, the longest page I've written for OKTL so far, so I'm sort of proud of this. Now Imma shut up and continue with my work.