Chapter 010: Good Morning!

Operation Kill This Love


 

The new morning sun was shining through the curtains in the bedroom. The small birds were chirping, the wind was blowing the falling leaves, there was chatter out in the neighborhood; yet none of this made the young Mark Tuan stir. The sounds were more calm in his ears, only causing him to slip deeper into his already relaxing slumber. The sun, thankfully not in his face, was shining a light on a navy blue folder on his bedside table; the folder contained all of his old casualties and the strategies that he used against them.

 

Tuan wasn't able to sleep much at first that night, so he was looking through his old hit list to see if he can pass out from thinking too much. And by the sound of his light snores, it seemed to have worked in his favor.

 

Though reading or remembering such morbid things would scar a person, giving them horrific nightmares from the event, it wasn't exactly the case for the boy who's done this since he was 13. It would bother him in the past, this was true, but the fear sort of faded away throughout the years. If anything, it would just bore him from the same old routine that he would have to do: Find the person, befriend them, gain their trust, lure them to somewhere quiet and alone, kill them.

 

The young assassin snuggled into the soft white pillows below his head with a small and much pleased yawn. Mornings like this were his favorites; peace and quiet in the air, no schedule for him to follow for two whole days, and no need to even get out of his comfy pajamas. Nothing could get him out of the familiar cocoon of warmth that morning, but even the tapping sound coming from outside.

 

Wait, tapping?

 

Mark opened one of his hazel eyes to see a familiar male figure tapping at his window. How he was able to climb the tree to reach the second floor, Tuan most certainly didn't know, nor did he know how the idiot knew where his bedroom was.

 

And by the term 'idiot', you probably already know who it exactly was.

 

With an angry grumble, Mark unwillingly shoved the fluffy sheets off his person, the cool air meeting his bare torso. He looked over at his side table, and quickly swiped the folder out of sight before becoming visible to his monkey-like 'friend'.

 

"Jackson, what the everloving is wrong with you?!" He yelled as he stomped to his window and slid it open with his tired arms.

 

Said Jackson jumped inside, nearly tripping and getting caught of course by Mark before he would fall on his face. Wang pushed himself on his feet gently and looked over the sleepy child, biting his lip to hold the blush down.

 

"Damn," he exclaimed, "for someone scrawny-looking, you sure do look easy on the eyes, even with the whole Care Bear thing going on." He used his hand to gesture towards the baggy pajamas pants that was held by Mark's waist.

 

A blush crept onto the elder's cheeks, either out of embarrassment or anger; Mark couldn't really decide. Either way, he would use it as a reason to 'accidentally' knock the youngster down a stairwell into a boiling pit of lava. Well, ya know, if he could afford to have a stairwell that lead to a large river of the melted volcanic rock.

 

But, he can still dream, right?

 

...Note to self: Call up dad later on to see if I can get some lava.

 

"I-is there a reason why you climbed a tree and knocked on my window at..." He looked behind him, more specifically at his alarm clock, to check the time. "...8:36 am? If there is, couldn't it wait until Monday or some ?" He crossed his arms and glared at Jackson, much like an angry girl deprived of her beauty sleep would.

 

Wang looked to the side, avoiding Mark's angry gaze, and replied, "I was kind of wondering if there was a way to make up for that stupid pick up line I made yesterday? I mean, it was pretty bad, even for someone as smooth as me." He turned his head enough to show his cocky grin, possibly a sign to show he was joking around.

 

Mark quietly chuckled, hoping the idiot didn't hear, and shook his head.

 

He then asked in a teasing tone, "How exactly are you gonna make up for something as godawful as ‘now do you see how much I’ve fallin’ for ya, good-looking’?”

 

Jackson hummed, his pursed lips and knitted brows showing a sign of thinking. A grin then sprouted on his face as a certain local area came in mind; the best part about this certain place, was the fact that he knew one of his hyung's little friends worked there, so he could easily get Mark to forgive him and also thank him with maybe a hug!

 

Or maybe a kiss- yeah, Jackson’s mind shouldn’t go that far.

 

"How about going to the Coffee Shop for breakfast?"

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

 

The soft 'ting' of the bell was hidden by the sounds of multiple keyboards and fresh brewing coffee. The aroma that was hitting him as they walked in was very delightful, a mixture of pumpkin spice and homemade cakes hanging in the air; a smell that Mark wouldn't mind waking up to every morning. The small cafe was a also a wondrous place to admire, with its shining hardwood floor and the ceramic spring green lamps placed on each little table in the main area.

 

Yeah, this would make up for the incident real well. Tuan thought musingly.

 

The main thing sticking out to him, however, was the barista working at the front counter. Through the many bobbing heads that were the customers, a familiar smile gleamed from the small temporary gaps.

 

“Come on, let’s get in line before anymore people show up.” Jackson said as he grabbed the other’s hand, pulling him by his side.

 

The line thankfully wasn’t as long as it seemed to be from the front door, only three or four ahead of them, as they quickly got to the front, to only see the oh-so familiar Choi Youngjae.

 

“Ah, Mark-hyung, Jackson-hyung, good morning!” He announced in his usual cheerful tone.

 

Mark smiled. "Good morning, Youngjae-Ah! I didn't know you worked here, or at all really."

 

"Oh yeah, I've been working here ever since it opened! Which, by the way, was about two months ago."

 

The boy seemed to enjoy working behind the counter of a cozy little cafe, and who could blame him? The building itself felt homey, the fresh baked goodies looked and smelled divine, nothing seemed to be at all wrong working there; then again, Mark had yet to see the owner of the establishment.

 

“Enough about work, can we talk about the goods you have here? They’re making my belly rumble just by lookin’ at ‘em!” Jackson interrupted, behaving like a child at a candy store.

 

"I would recommend some of my fresh baked cheesecake!"

 

All three looked at the back to see a not-so tall male, holding said cheesecake with plain looking oven mitts. The man himself looked nearly beautiful, with pretty plumped lips that formed a smile, and fluffy dirty blond hair protected by a hairnet.

 

What caught Mark's attention the most, however, were the eyes.

 

Since he's been in the business for some odd years, he'd been trained to look over any details on a person from the most unnoticeable scars to the tiniest of twitches; and eyes were definitely in the mix.The almond shaped orbs held two emotions, one much stronger than the other: happiness, and mischief. It was common for those two emotions to clash, but what exactly did it mean in this man's case?

 

"Hey, Earth to Mark, can you hear me?" Jackson snapped his fingers in front of Tuan's face, successfully bringing him out of his thoughts.

 

"Huh? What happened, what did I miss?"

 

The elder chuckled in amusement, causing Mark's cheeks to turn a light pink.

 

"As I was saying, my name is Daehyun, but you two may call me Hyung or Dae-hyung. Is there something you would like this early in the morning?" He looked at the two with those 'kind' eyes, but seemed to be eyeing more on the redhead.

 

Jackson's gaze was stuck on the small pastries trapped in the glass countertop.

 

"Can I just have it all?" He whined, pawing lightly on the case like a puppy.

 

Daehyun looked at him questionably, a small smile coming out.

 

"How about a slice of coffee cake and, well, coffee, just to start?"

 

Mark nodded in agreement, mainly because his stomach was beginning to growl up a storm; strange baker or not, food was turning more important than anything else.

 

"Alrighty, just tell me what flavors and I'll get straight to it!"

 

With that, he grabbed his mitts once more and headed back to his beloved little room.

 

“He’s really adorable for being a grown man.” Jackson remarked as the figure disappeared.

 

“Once you work with a boss like him, you’ll get used to it.”

 

“Wait, he’s your boss!?”

 

Youngjae only laughed at the faces of Mark and Jackson, both with the expression of disbelief.

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______


(Note: Yeah, so I think I’m just gonna put UT (my other story) on hold for the sake of my sanity, or possibly update it when I can't think of anything or want to take my mind off of this fanfic. Just like a chapter before this one, I wanted to make this one longer, but I'm saving all the 'major' stuff for the next chapter!!! Please be patient with me!! And as always, talk to you later, my lovely pyschopaths~