Chapter 012: Monday Surprises

Operation Kill This Love


 

Mondays weren't usually the most pleasurable of days to, well, everyone. On that day, kids would have to start waking up in the ungodly hours of the day, adults had to begin their nine-to-five work shift in the office; to make it simple, Mondays drained people of their happiness. Because of this fact, Mark felt that it was okay to blame Monday for how he felt, which was whiny and achy.

 

Ever since he came to on Sunday afternoon, he was sore almost everywhere on his body, especially where the ropes met his delicate skin. Thankfully, but also strangely, he found the marks bandaged up and some pain medication on his bedside table. To add to that, he found a McDonald's burger neatly wrapped in it's paper in his fridge, with a note that said, 'Heard you liked McDonald's, so I grabbed you some for when you finally woke up! Don't worry, I didn't put anything in it!! XD'. He felt oddly grateful for the gesture, but it made him curious as to who done it.

 

And thoughts like that were still bothering him that coming Monday morning.

 

Not only the question of who done it, but also how they knew he liked those mouth-watering burgers. His mind automatically guessed that a B.A.P member was the culprit, but why would they be nice enough to grab him a bite while he was unconscious in the back of their vehicle, and after that little ‘discussion’? He sure as hell didn’t know, but then again, he didn’t much care about that. His mission was the main cause of his deep hatred of that Monday, mainly for the fact that it was the second day of the two weeks he was given; the second day of his terrifying threat from Bang Yongguk.

 

Though he was expected to be killed during that ‘talk’, he didn’t realize he would wish for death instead; and he would never have realized that his worst fear would involve losing the companions that he had gained throughout his failure of an assassination. They didn’t deserve to be pulled into this, nor did they deserve to be even touched because of his lack of courage to just end Jackson’s life right then and there. What Mark deserved, however, was a big slap in the face for a reality check-up.

 

As far as Tuan knew, he was all up for ending this imperious boy’s life since he walked into their first class, but there was something inside him that was putting it off; he couldn’t tell what it exactly was though. Mark never experienced much involving his emotions on the job, nor would he be as involved with his target like he was right now, so none of that would really help solve his internal predicament. While walking through the grey front doors of the Educational Hell, he began to mentally list any possible reasons of his lack of interest in offing Jackson, but could only think of the many cons.

 

That was, until he spotted Jackson from where he stopped.

 

Jackson Wang, one of the known cool kids in the school, was in the presence of Mark's close and not-that-known group of friends, laughing like the complete idiot that he was; Yugyeom must've tried speaking English if Wang was laughing that hard. The Chinese boy couldn't help but chuckle himself, but then began to blush profusely as the god awful smile he was supposed to cut off was looking in his direction, causing their eyes to meet once more. The strange tingling in his chest area was reoccurring; this seemed to always betide whenever they would connect, directly or indirectly. Whether it was a brush of their hands, one of Jackson's stupid but noteworthy pickup lines, or even being in his presence in general, Mark would feel knots forming inside his stomach. Now before that day, he just thought he was piggin' out too much on Micky D's, but since he hasn't really had any in a 12-hour time period, he was going to the point where he may as well talk to a doctor about this.

 

"Good morning, Mark-hyung!!" BamBam happily hollered at the advancing figure. He smiled and waved at the younger, his heart twitching at the thought of the innocent-faced High School student getting pulled into the cruel game. BamBam didn't deserve that; none of them did.

 

Jinyoung seemed to notice the masked pain, when he placed a hand on Tuan's shoulder and asked in a concerned motherly tone, "Is everything alright?"

 

"Yeah, I'm fine; I think I should stop eating frozen foods though. It's really killin' me." Mark lied with terrible ease, wrapping his arms around his own torso for good measure; though his motherly instincts were telling him otherwise, Jinyoung only grinned and nodded at the answer.

 

“I think you should also add ‘no more McDonald’s’ to that sentence as well.” Jaebum teased, as he slung an arm around his boyfriend’s shoulder, causing the other to blush. The Chinese boy sent a playful glare the leader’s way, along with a childish move of sticking out his tongue. Another reason why he was so protective: they were his family.

 

He indeed loved his mother, sisters, brother and father back home, but they were a family that worked; their home was their company building. There wouldn't be time to hang out as a whole like they used to, with everyone always out doing something every hour of everyday. Hell, even sleeping under the same roof was rare; Either one or both of his sisters would be shipped out, he himself shipped out, his father gone to a meeting, or on a rare occasion his mother. This caused a gap in their ‘strong’ bond over the years; even his eldest sisters agreed.

 

This group, however, made him feel at home, like he was really a part of something that didn’t revolve around working and traveling. Though it was an all-male group, Jinyoung made a good but annoying mother, Jaebum made a great, not to mention reliable father, and Youngjae, BamBam and Yugyeom made amazing little brothers. He didn’t know where to exactly place Jackson family-wise, but though he was annoying and supposed to be ing dead by now, he was indeed important; of course, Mark couldn’t deem how.

 

"So, another new guy is coming to school." BamBam announced. The group looked at him questionably.

 

"Really now?" Yugyeom asked. "How did you find out about that?"

 

“I heard these girls giggling about it when I was coming in. They were saying something about the new guy being freakishly tall, blond, and cute.”

 

Jackson seemed more intrigued than the rest at this, as he tried to ask in a suave tone, “Any idea where I could locate this gentleman?” It, however, sounded more like an innocent fangirl trying to crawl out his throat to find this stranger; for some reason, this angered Mark.

 

He could feel a small boil starting in his chest, but he didn’t know why this would occur over Wang’s semi-usual behavior. There were many times where Tuan would catch the other flirting with any and all living beings around him, mainly in the school of course, which would then either blow up in his face, or having the person turn into putty in his hands. Jackson was indeed a flirtatious and manipulative male, but that also didn’t mean he was a heartless one. He would sweeten the person in all the right places, with a few small touches here and there; not that Mark noticed. Nor how he would notice that Jackson always seemed to know when he was there, as he would get closer to the poor boy or girl's face.

 

The young Wang was trying to pull something, but Tuan couldn't tell exactly what it was.

 

"Considering that your homeroom class is most likely the smallest, you may as well see him next period." BamBam replied, disturbing Mark's train of thought.  

 

“Sweet!”

 

As if God somehow heard the boy’s squeal of excitement, the first bell roared through the room, ringing in the many vacant ears of the students to get up and head to class.

 

“Now I’m off to meet the new boy!!” And just like that, he left everyone in his dust, including Mark; such an unpredictable human he was. Strangely, the unfamiliar boil started to bubble inside again, causing Mark to grunt from the sudden pain.

 

“Mark? Are you sure you’re alright?” Jinyoung mewled, hugging the older’s shoulders with a pout. Tuan didn’t really know how to exactly get out of the awkward situation, but a thought kept him from thinking any further.

 

‘Maybe he can help me find out what’s wrong with me!’

 

“Well,” he began with a straight face, “I’ve been feeling this weird sort of feeling in my chest- and no, I did not get heartburn from all the Big Macs I eat on a daily basis!”

 

Mama Jr looked at him quizzically, lips puckered, but then pulled him to the side of the hallway to keep away from the waves of students.

 

“What’re the symptoms?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Jinyoung looked at him with an ‘are you serious?’ expression and asked, “What do you occasionally feel? Like, do you feel like you’re about to explode? About to cry? And I know it’s probably gonna be weird to try to explain it, but do it in the best way you possibly can.”

 

Mark, of course, pursed his lips and furrowed his brows in concentration, no proper words coming to his processing mind. There were so many ways for him to explain the weird emotion, but his small tongue couldn’t quite grasp it; but he took an initial shot at it nonetheless.

 

“I feel like...I feel like a weird volcano is growing inside me. Like, I’m about to just explode into a million pieces out of unexplained anger; and I truly don’t know what the hell I get angry over.” He hoped that that could be able to help his ‘Mother’ figure out what was exactly wrong with him.

 

"When does this feeling start?" Jr then asked, a small spark coming to his deep brown eyes.

 

"When I...um..." Mark bit his lip; should he tell him? He didn't know what he was feeling, but he also didn't know how his friend would react as well to the fact that Mark was like this around Jackson. He took a deep breath, and said in a soft tone, "Whenever I...see Jackson flirting, or act like did earlier about someone else..."

 

Jinyoung was incredibly silent, shocking Tuan, and making him fear for the absolute worst. The spark in his eyes suddenly was shining brightly, as a creepy smile got plastered on his face that released a terrifying squeal.

 

“Someone’s a Mr. Jealous-pants!” he announced proudly, skipping around.

 

‘...Mr. Jealous-Pants? What?’

 

“What do you mean by that?” Mark asked, mainly fearing for his life in the hands of the skippy mom.

 

“I mean you’re feeling jealousy! you’re jealous because you want him all for yourself, jealous from the lack of attention you get from him, jealous-”

“What’s jealousy?”

 

The happy Korean stopped in his tracks, frozen in his place, which was in the middle of the now vacant hallway. He was twitching a bit, mainly on his face, as he slowly turned his neck towards his smaller hyung.

 

“You...don’t know...what jealousy is…?” Jinyoung asked through his strained smile. He couldn’t fathom what he just heard; everyone should know what jealousy is! It’s an emotion that we all come across when we’re little and maybe have some siblings and friends that are, in our young eyes, treated better than us, meaning that we were jealous. Yet Mark Tuan, the boy that’s as expressionless as Jaebum, and even mentioned something about having three siblings, truly didn’t know what jealousy was like? Now that was a discovery worth knowing; and one the motherly friend was able to fix.

 

Mark’s lips formed a straight line as he nodded shyly and looked down at the ground, the twitching smile beginning to really creep him out. He then felt some weight being placed on his shoulders, and looked up to see that Jinyoung was staring back at him.

 

“Mark, jealousy is when you feel angered and believe that a person you like has feelings for someone else, or maybe a person you know or don’t know likes them. And do you know what that means?”

 

Mark shook his head.

 

“It means that you may have grown some romantic feelings for Jackson.”

 

‘No...no, that most certainly can’t be it.’

 

“You’re joking, right? That-that should not be a thing- I don’t agree!” Mark sputtered out, his eyes becoming wide. There was no need for that in his mission; how could that happen? He wasn’t supposed to feel that, never could he feel such a thing for this idiot; his victim; the boy he’s supposed to ing kill! Jinyoung, on the other hand, looked shocked at Mark’s behavior. Yes, there would always be a sense of denial, but he never saw a reaction like this before.

 

“Is there a problem? Are your parents homophobes or something?” He asked worriedly.

 

Tuan couldn’t even form any words to answer such an easy question.

 

“How about this,” Jr began, “how about we talk about this later? We’re already late for class, and I don’t think you want to hear my dad yell at us if we are any later.”

 

Wordlessly, Mark agreed and started pacing away to his homeroom, where the ‘new kid’ was probably already turning into Jackson’s new emotional toy; or perhaps the other way around, if the dude played his cards right.

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

 

(Note: YES. GOT THIS DONE. But it seems too short...Ah well, I’ll add all of what I wanted to write on the next chappie :3 Anyways, here’s the next update for you~ I hope you enjoy reading this! As always, I’ll talk to you later, my lovely pyschopaths~


(P.S Does anyone really know what the hell is going on with all the J-Hope hate? I’ve heard and seen some twitter posts, but when did this ish start? Please message me if you know, because I’m really confused and worried; there’s some unneeded BTS hate going on, and I do not approve.