Chapter 023: Three Trapped Teens

Operation Kill This Love


 

Everything felt cold around Jaebum's figure.

 

He was beginning to gain consciousness again, but he didn't have any sort of strength to get up yet. He twisted and turned senselessly instead, hoping for some sort of comfort; any sort of comfort, but it was only in vain. With each turn, his head would throb and bring more pain to his dormant mind.

 

'Ah...my everything hurts...why does it hurt...?'

 

After laying mindlessly for an eternity, Jaebum slowly moved his arm to the side, to test if he had regained any strength in his numbed body. Thankfully, the arm moved with ease, leading him to believe he was alright; it was a lie. When he lifted up his upper body, his head began to pulsate profusely, causing him to clench his teeth in pain.

 

"!" He growled, his hands going straight towards the throbbing area, but froze I in place.

 

'What...what's in my hair?'

 

He slowly brought his hands back to his field of vision, staring wide-eyed and frightened at the sight before him. Both of his hands were stained a dark red, with dried blood stuck to the more moist areas.

 

'Why is my head- wait...'

 

Jaebum turned his attention to the surroundings around him cautiously, and was just as baffled to see he was stuck in a cell; a familiar-looking cell at that.

 

'Holy . I'm stuck inside the ing building!'

 

"Dammit! Ouch..."

 

He gently patted the back of his head, weary of the possible blister growing there.

 

'I guess this is what happens whenever your ego gets the best of you...you get yourself knocked out and thrown into a cell.’

 

With a sigh, he pulled his aching legs up to his chest and curled himself up into a sitting ball formation. Jaebum felt trapped, which could be more of a literal meaning at that point; but he also felt emotionally and mentally trapped. He failed to be the one to help save his baby Jirongie and Youngjae, and ended up joining their predicament, but could not see or feel them nearby.

 

“I’m sorry, guys…” He whimpered, “I should’ve just ran for help when I was able to…”

 

He frowned at his statement, but he felt like it was true; he was a bad excuse of a father figure, and that exact moment proved it. To make matters worse, his backpack was nowhere to be found, which meant that he didn't have his phone; no phone, no way to call for help. There was no way he could make it better, nor was there a way he could see himself and the others escape safely.

 

To put in simple terms, it was the Worst Day Ever, if it was even still Monday.

 

There were sudden groans that echoed from the cells nearby, sounding as if they were on the left of him, giving him a fright.

 

'Are one of the boys coming to?'

 

"Ugh...you were right Youngjae...that was the most uncomfortable sleep I've ever had." One mumbled, sounding sorely like Jinyoung.

 

"Told you so," The other, Younjae, replied, "although, I think they're finally starting give me those verbal hallucinations."

 

"Wait, do they not usually do that?"

 

"Not from my experiences from the past few days...why? Did you hear something too?"

 

"Mhmm...I swear, I thought I heard Jaebongi's voice while I was knocked out..."

 

There was a gasp.

 

"So I wasn't the only one to hear him?" Youngjae asked baffled.

 

"Oh my gosh!" Jr. exclaimed "Could he have been here?! Oh no, oh no, oh no, my poor Jaebongi! They must've found him and brought him here while we were sleeping!"

 

Another few groans, and some shuffling sounds growing closer.

 

"Jaebongi, are the next cell?! Jaebongi, please tell me you're okay! Oh God, please answer!

 

Jaebum saw a hand struggling to get close to the cell bars, to which he responded by crawling over quietly and grabbing the shaking hand.

 

"Jirongie...please calm down...I'm right here, baby."

 

A soft cry escaped his neighbor's lips, squeezing the fatherly male's hand tighter, to which the latter replied with the sorrowful umma's pale hand.

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

 

"Oh...so, that's what happened to you guys..."

 

It was maybe thirty minutes later, or maybe more- Jaebum couldn't tell -when Jinyoung and Youngjae finished explaining what had happened to them. From what he had heard, it was almost too far-fetched to believe that such trusted people, especially Daehyun, would do such things.

 

With how soft spoken Youngjae was of the subject, it was easy to tell he still couldn’t wrap it around his head.

 

“We haven’t seen either of the boys since then,” Jinyoung mumbled, “not that I’m in dire need to see their lying faces...”

 

Youngjae stayed silent at that, his hiding expression causing wondering thoughts on Jaebum’s end. It almost made the father figure wonder if Happy Face still had hopes to know why Daehyun did what he did. He struggled to get his head at least partly through the bars to see the youngster, but to no avail; the bars didn’t give him much space to look through.

 

“Youngjae…” He called out, “are you okay over there?”

 

“H-huh? O-oh yeah, I’m fine! I’m just...confused…”

 

“Why would you be confused?” Jinyoung pondered.

 

“Well...if you really think about it, we aren’t the most known kids around, besides Jinyoung and his father, right? Then why would we be the major targets out of everyone else in the community, especially with all the big shots roaming around Seoul too? And, not to try and protect Dae-hyung or anything, but we all know that if he wanted something or needed to do something, he would do it ASAP. So, why would he all of a sudden see me as a target, if he would've been able to kidnap me while I’ve been working there for the past few months?”

 

He did indeed have a point there.

 

“Okay...so, what do you think that means?” Jaebum asked.

 

“Well…” Happy Face murmured, “I’m not completely sure, but there must be a reason they’re just now acting like this, something probably involving the ‘T.A.C’ those two talk about.”

 

“T.A.C? What’s that?”

 

“Again, I don’t really know, but whatever it is, one of the ‘employees’ working under them is not doing their job correctly, or something like that.”

 

It was weird, to say the least; why would they be involved if there was something wrong with an employee?

 

Jaebum couldn’t see the clear picture, but he could see where it would all make sense.

 

“So, you’re basically saying that we’re in some sort of really cool spy movie, except we’re the damsels in distress and this ‘mysterious’ employee is going to be our savior?” He stated plainly.

 

“Basically- wait, I didn’t say anything about spies.”

 

“I know,” JB admitted, “but from what I’m hearing, it sounds like one of those cliché shows or movies where someone is failing to do something, and this enemy person doesn’t like it, so he makes others suffer in order for the person to do their job. Kind of like Taken, but no slavery is involved.”

 

Jinyoung seemed to shiver in disgust at the thought.

 

"Now that's making me wonder..." The Umma murmured.

 

"Hm? About what?"

 

"The fact that...Youngjae, didn't they say they had two more people to get after me?"

 

"Yeah, so?" The youngest questioned.

 

"Well, they got one of them, which turned out to be Jaebongi...who's the last one? And after that...what would happen to us?"

 

The room fell silent, idea after idea flying in and out of their minds at the possibilities; each possibility looking worse than the last.

 

“W-we shouldn’t try and think like that!” Jaebum announced, “That never helped anyone in this sort of situation!”

 

“How can we not? Isn’t it some sort of human instinct to think of the worse case scenario?” Jinyoung countered.

 

“Well, yeah, but we shouldn’t bother worrying! If this is really like one of those old spy movies, we’re bound to be saved last minute!”

 

“But we’re not in a spy movie; this is something called real life! You know, the thing that is outside the fictional universe! God Jaebum, you sound like one of those girls that read too much fanfiction!”

 

“Will you guys stop ing arguing!?”

 

Jaebum and Jinyoung both turned their attention towards the first cell, Youngjae’s cell, in surprise. Never in their life, or since they’ve known the happy child, did they ever think they would hear a single curse word come out of his curvy lips.

 

“Sorry…” the parents muttered in unison.

 

“You better be. This is no time to start picking miniscule fights on each other; it won’t help anyone at this rate!”

 

The hyungs sighed, and looked down in embarrassment. Though the youngster had a good point, they felt that they were only scaring him more with their bickering. As the parents of their group of friends, they were always the mature ones that everyone could look up to; until this whole incident occurred.

 

“I’m sorry, Jaebongi...I didn’t mean to snap at you like that…” Jr. pouted.

 

“It’s okay,” the latter replied, “I’m sorry for acting so biased to the whole fictional universe…”

 

“No no, it’s understandable! I mean, you were only looking at the bright side of things, and I was focusing on the negativity. I’m really sorry.”

 

The umma squeezed his boyfriend’s hand lovingly, to which the older responded with a tightened grip. Youngjae seemed content with the ending feud, as he sighed in such a relaxed tone. However, Jaebum wasn’t a fool; there was still a tense air, which only grew denser when the sudden sound of a vehicle echoed from the front.

 

‘Ah...those guys are back.’

 

With his hand still wrapped around his lover’s, he stared straight at the rusty entryway, waiting for their ‘guards’.

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______


(Note: Huh. It seems that my writers’ block wasn’t as bad as I thought it was it only made my writing look my ty in my opinion. But anyways, poor little Youngjae, missing his Daehyun-hyung ;-; I just wanna write a one-shot of them just cuddling the hell out of each other <3 But hey, that can wait for another day! So, as always, I’ll talk to you later, my lovely pyschopaths~