Chapter 013: Jealousy comes with Warning

Operation Kill This Love


 

The lunch period was drawing nearer for the third period class, the clocks beginning to be slower than humanly possible to the students. The rumbling in Mark’s stomach was also continuing to roar, but instead of it being by his so-called ‘jealousy’, it was because of how hungry he grew during the morning hours of the school day. Although, from the sight that sat before him, he wasn't able to know for sure.

 

The new kid, or should he say giant, introduced himself as Choi Junhong or 'Zelo' during their first period class. He was a literal giant compared to all of the students in the class, and even the teacher was almost smaller than him! On his head was a mess of curly dirty blond hair, which failed to hide his deemed 'cute' face. From what Mark even cared to look over, Zelo had a cute but defined nose, along with big brown eyes and the most childlike smile Mark had ever seen; and he was friends with Kunpimook!

 

That same male was chattering happily with Mark's friends, Jinyoung and Jaebum, acting completely oblivious to the ice-cold stare he was receiving from the other side of the room. No, it wasn't the fact that the two were talking with him that he was jealous; from what he experienced, they were friendly to the new kids. What was bothering Tuan, and was bothering him since he walked into his first period, was how Zelo was acting towards Jackson. Instead of falling for the Wang's cliché charms, he completely ignored his presence, to the point where the latter seemed like a lost child with how unaware Junhong acted.

 

Now, at least Tuan was nice enough to talk to him; hatefully, yes, but still talked to him.

 

Along with that, there was the strange staring contest they held so silently in the class. As Jackson was yapping his life away, Zelo looked up and stared back at Mark, but not with the sweetness that Junhong had portrayed. There was a strange familiarity with that look, the sense of forewarning swirling in the male's orbs, making Tuan feel uncomfortable, but also highly curious of the new boy's intentions.

 

The very same feeling came back, as Zelo looked over to Mark with those same chocolate eyes; the forewarning, strangely, turned more into a plea. Mark couldn't think of anything to make those two mix, not completely anyways. The ringing of the school's clock then seemed to both shock and excite Mark's thinking, along with his growling stomach, as the students ran out towards the cafeteria.

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

 

Plops, stomps and thumps echoed from the enormous cafeteria; the musical but annoying sound of lunchtime. There was no such thing as silence as everyone chatted away with their friends, whether it was bad talking about the teacher or about the fashion choice of the other. The group of seven young boys was at their table, smiles and bits of laughter leaving the small area and unknowingly wooing the girls passing by or neighboring the table.

 

Jinyoung and Jaebum were sitting close together, cuddling and holding hands as they usually did. BamBam and Yugyeom talked quietly amongst themselves in their childish and bubbly tones. Youngjae was texting away on his phone, to who was of course unknown, and his characteristic grin was of no help. Mark was silently eating as he would let his eyes drift over towards Jackson, who seemed to be glaring at something as he chewed up some of his rice.

 

"Jackson?" Tuan asked, "Are you okay? Is Junhong ignoring you getting you angry?"

 

Of course he would tease the younger about that part; it was still funny, despite the fact that Mark was...jealous? Yeah, he still couldn't wrap his head around that.

 

Wang ignored his questions, along with him general, and kept looking over Mark with furrowed brows. Mark decided to follow the boys line of sight, only for his to land on Zelo's dangerous eyes once more. He felt the presence behind him move closer, wrapping his arms around Mark's torso protectively, looking over his hyung's shoulder. Jackson looked over at Junhong with an almost possessive look, which seemed to catch the attention of the other members at the table.

 

"Um...Mark-hyung, what is Jackson staring at?" BamBam questioned.

 

Youngjae, who was sitting next to the duo, looked over the direction their attention was and started to chuckle.

 

"It seems that Jackson got territorial over Mark."

 

The others looked at the staring Zelo and started to grin.

 

"What happened to you fangirling over the newbie, Wang?" Jaebum taunted.

 

Jackson only held the smaller male closer to him, making Mark feel confused, uncomfortable, and a little warm inside. Instead of him protecting himself, Tuan was being protected by another person, for a stupid and unknown reason; a rare feeling was coming over him. It was a nice feeling really, but very unfamiliar as well. After a short moment, Jackson finally spoke, in an growling tone.

 

"He's been staring at Mark since lunch started, and I don't like it."

 

"You did the same thing to Mark when he first came to school!" Jr claimed, but it sounded more like he was just struggling with his laughter.

 

"I only took glances, there's a difference."

 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes in response, his -eating grin showing he was clearly amused by Jackson's actions. There was no doubt that it was adorable, but it was also strange; why did he go from fangirl to hater? Mark's head couldn't comprehend this, nor the fact that he wasn't even struggling to get out of Wang's grasp. He suddenly had some hard time breathing when the younger was starting to squeeze the life out of him, as Zelo's long figure was beginning to come towards the group's table.

 

There was a long silence between the giant and the cool kid, Mark awkwardly stuck in the middle of the unannounced staring contest. The other five just watched with small grins on their faces.

 

"I would like to talk with Mark-hyung please."

 

Zelo's voice was very pleasant to hear from the quiet area that seemed to be only trapped around them; everyone in the large room minded their own business, but a handful was still listening on. Tuan finally decided to try and writhe out of the latter's grasp, but sadly no to avail. He had to admit, all that fencing may have done some strange miracles to the Wang child, but it may as well be because Jackson was part python with how strong of a hold he was in.

 

"Why do you wanna talk with him?" Jackson inquired.

 

"Why do you wanna know?"

 

"Why do you ask for him?"

 

"Why do you need to act whiny?"

 

"Why do you-"

 

"Can't he just talk with Mark?"

 

All heads turned to the third voice, who was none other than an annoyed Yugyeom, his arms crossed and his dark eyes focusing on the two knuckleheads before him. His intimidating face seemed to be a trigger to Wang, as Mark suddenly felt weight literally lifted off of him. Jackson grumbled to himself with arms crossed on his chest, his suspicious eyes still on Junhong.

 

"I guess you can talk to my Mark..." He mumbled angrily.

 

Zelo seemed to find this funny, letting out a low and quiet chuckle.

 

“It'll only take a moment, Wang."

 

His smile only grew bigger as Mark got up from his part of the bench, suddenly growing anxious. There was something behind that face that triggered Tuan's instincts to be wary, and as the two stepped out the lunchroom doors, he saw the sudden change; the once cute smile couldn't be deemed as the innocence for Choi Junhong.

 

It was even a smile anymore; there was only dullness, which reflected with the tall boy's eyes and stature. Mark didn't even realize that he was backed up against a wall until he felt something solid on his clothed back, and Zelo trapping him in the front. There was almost no space between the two, and the smaller one didn't like it, especially with a now visible knife poking at his leg.

 

"You need to save you and your friends the trouble and get it over with." The blond warned sternly. "If you need some help, I'm willing to, but you first need to stop acting like a pansy and discard any and all emotions you've put into him."

 

"A pansy? How am I-"

 

"Don't act as if I didn't see you pouting and angry when Jackson was 'getting friendly' with me."

 

Tuan looked down at the remark, his heart threatening to beat into oblivion. Being called out wasn't exactly comforting, nor the fact that he could taste the fear on his tongue. He felt a hand cupping his chin, and forcing him to look up and into eyes that were burning with fury, but held compassion as well.

 

"You're new to these emotions, aren't you? Romance, jealousy, all happening to you right now?"

 

Mark nodded with what head mobility he had. Zelo hummed.

 

"Every one of us go through these, and there are times that they should not matter; this time is an example. Because of your stupidity and your newfound emotions, those boys can very well get killed in a matter of minutes- your first strike is tomorrow for God's sake! You need to step up your game, Mark, and get this done. I don't want me or my team to go through so much just so that you can finally pull the trigger on that guy's head before we pull it on them."

 

The male backed off with a long sigh, his arms once more on his sides and shoulders slack. Though free and able to stand his ground, Mark felt trapped in that area, weak and shocked with thought after thought rummaging through his mind.

 

'They're not supposed to be pawns in this game.'

 

'Those innocent lives should not be taken.'

 

'Then again...that's my job, isn't it?'

 

"Your first strike is tomorrow," Junhong reminded joylessly, "be prepared for how the abductions will occur; and be prepared for how they will be planned."

 

He grabbed the smaller one by the arm and gently, with some force to get Tuan to respond of course, and lead him back into the the roaring cafeteria.

 

Zelo began to smirk at the sight of the angry Jackson, and wrapped his arm around his hyung's waist in spite.

 

"Now see, was that so hard?" He teased.

 

The latter only grumbled as he looked over at Mark, who was now out of his shock, but blushing from the unfamiliar arm around him. There was nothing that was more infuriating than the fact that his Tuan was being touched by someone else; there was a boundary, and Zelo was stupid enough to try and cross it.

 

Jackson growled through smiling teeth, "Now that you're done with him, can I have him back?"

 

"Oh, yeah, okay. Talk to you tomorrow, Mark-hyung." With a pat on the back, Junhong went his way, but not without whispering something into Mark's ear; a message vague, but also a distinct sign.

 

"The Sweet-tooth is about to be pulled out."


 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______


(Note: ...Yeah. Zelo is a badass and loving maknae, and he has every right to be. Lol, anyways, here's the next one, and I actually enjoy making Zelo a major badass (as I have mentioned before). I hope you enjoy this chapter, and I might let out the other one, since I've been planning too far ahead of myself lately. Soooooo I'll talk to you soon pyschopaths~