Chapter 022: Found Us, Found You

Operation Kill This Love


 

“Hey, Joko, come here for a moment.” Himchan ordered, staring at the screen before him sternly.

 

“What’s up, Himchan?”

 

“It seems that the unwanted visitor is back on the prowl.”

 

Jokomoto looked at the screen, where a small red dot was blinking in and out, moving slowly yet surely around the area.

 

“And what do you want me to do about it? Play fetch?” The youngster asked jokingly.

 

“No no no, of course not. I just want you to grab your bat, and wait for my signal.”

 

"Huh?"

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex: Strike Three_______

 

It was the end of the first day of the new school week, students leaving their educational prisons and heading to their nice and comfortable homes. Some left with their neighbor friends, some went to their buses or cars, and the rest walked home, as they were only a short distance away from the school grounds.

 

Jaebum, however, didn’t even step into the grounds that day.

 

Instead, he was mindlessly wandering through the nearby woods, his navy blue backpack slung carelessly on his shoulder and a thoughtful expression on his usual stern face. He knew it was bad that he’d lied to his parents and skipped school, but then again, he didn’t really much care anymore; where was the fun in going when he knew his Jinyoung was out there somewhere, suffering with Youngjae in the hands of some creep?

 

Just thinking about it made Jaebum’s skin crawl from the discomfort it brought. Ever since they were but small elementary kids, there was never once a time that they would ever be separated, especially in a way such as that. Back then, though they never proclaimed themselves as ‘dating’ they were always the mother and father in each and every game of house they ever played; never without the other parent.

 

‘Well, I suppose there’s always been a reason why they say high school is the changing point in our lives.’

 

With a sigh, Jaebum began to kick the small pebbles beneath him aimlessly, like a small version of soccer, just by himself with no goal to seek and no prize to win. With every small kick, a pebble swooshed away to a farther location, only to be replaced by one of its brethren a short moment later. It was entertaining to the young male’s mind, however, as he soon grew competitive over the makeshift soccer game.

 

“Im Jaebum kicks left, now right, oh he loses the ball, but that’s okay, he’s got plenty more where that came from!” he narrated jokingly, looking at his feet in concentration.

 

If anyone were to see his actions at that moment- well, they wouldn’t. He never usually acted so childish unless he was with his Jinyoung, or around the elementary school kids that he passed by on his way from school; other than that, he was only known as the overtowering figure that was made of pure boredom. Knowing this though, Jinyoung would try at any given opportunity to make Jaebum act more playful around their and classmates.

 

He chuckled quietly, and said in a forlorn tone, “Even when you’re not around, you make me feel like a kid.”

 

He continued kicking random pebbles around the grassy terrain, until a shiny little metal caught his eye; something he almost mistook as an odd-shaped small rock. Confused, he bent down and picked it up, a sudden ‘ow’ leaving his lips as he pricked his finger on the small pin sticking out.

 

‘Wait- a pin?’

 

What he had in his hands was nothing but a small button pin covered in dirt, but was clean enough for him to read ‘World’s Okayest Mom’. The small and seemingly insignificant button looked strikingly familiar to him, but he just couldn't figure out how.

 

"Wait just a second...didn't I give this to Jirongie a couple years back?"

 

He couldn't tell for sure if that one belonged to the Umma figure, but whoever it belonged to, they wouldn't have been able to drop it or lose it on accident. Though buttons like that appeared weak, they were always able to hold a grip on the fabric they were placed on. But, it didn't answer to how this button, which may as well have been Jinyoung's, could've ended up here.

 

‘Could he have possibly...left a trail of his pins? In case that someone would go looking for him here?’

 

He hummed at this, looking behind him, at the trail he'd been walking on for the past several hours.

 

'I suppose that I could probably check around the area for any more of these.'

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

 

Another several hours had past, and he found more than fifty other button pins that were no doubt from Jinyoung's bag.

 

"Dear God, I didn't know he had this many buttons on that one little bag." He mumbled, as he picked up one that was labeled 'Musical Genius' from between two small rocks.

 

Throughout his small adventure, Jaebum was able to find an old trail hidden behind some bushes, though it did strike him as peculiar to find faded footprints. However, it was the only lead he had to Jinyoung's, and hopefully even Youngjae's whereabouts, so he couldn't complain. Through the many pins, he was beginning to also see small splatters of dried blood either around them or on them, creating a pit of fear in his abdomen.

 

'I really hope he's okay...'

 

Jaebum found about ten or so more of the small bloody pins until he noticed the lack of shadows darkening the ground around him. When he looked up, he found himself in a small clearing, which was strangely split in two by tire tracks. The woods were known as a good area to drive through, and gained many visits from happy campers over the weekends, but the tracks looked imprinted; the ground looked almost untouched except by those tracks. Stricken with curiosity, he quickly placed his newfound additions to the growing button collection in the extra pouch of his backpack, and began to follow the tire trail.

 

It was almost funny to see such indented prints on the earth's floor, especially with his accidental luck of finding it before the storm would come the next day. The small humor soon faded though, when the blood spots from before were beginning to follow the trail more and more as the makeshift road grew rougher and bumpier. It was almost scary for him to think of the droplets as, possibly, someone's blood; his waifu's blood.

 

'...Did I just think slash call him waifu? Oh god, I need to stop watching so much anime with him, because that itself is terrifying.'

 

Shaking the ridiculousness out of his head, he ventured further with the trail, until it came to an abrupt halt.

 

"What the? It just disappeared?" He wondered out loud.

 

He looked both ways, and was surprised to see a wall made of pure bush, neverending on either side; he probably shouldn’t have been that shocked, but he’d never been that far into the woods until that night.

 

‘If the tracks end here...then how the hell are they continuing under the wall? Is it some kind of weird magic trick or something? And why the hell am I hearing buzzing sounds!?’

 

Jaebum looked around the area for any signs of beehives, but felt perplexed as he saw no active hives in sight; he didn’t even see a hive at all in the area.

 

‘Weird...is it coming from the other side of the wall then?’

 

The male took a step towards the great wall, and cautiously reached his hand out to touch the small leaves. Much to his disturbance, the noise wasn't coming from the other side of the wall of bush; it was the wall of bush. He gasped and jerked back his hand in horror, as he felt the small tingles linger from the bare touch.

 

'Is this some kind of programmed allusion?!'

 

It was so unordinary that, in that situation, it sort of did make some sense; the tracks couldn't have just disappeared into thin air. If he went by those standards, that would've also meant that there was some sort of building hidden behind the hologram, which he was willing to find.

 

'Time to try and act as if I actually know what I'm doing!'

 

With no other sense of direction, Jaebum ran head-on into the holographic wall, regretting everything as he then tripped over his own feet and fell face-forward to the cold and dry earth.

 

'Well, at least I tried...'

 

As he was beginning to get up from his place on the earth's floor, Jaebum couldn't help but make awkward, grotesque faces as he was spitting out the clumps of dirt that flew into his mouth. Continuing to spit out the dirt, he brushed every part of his front and back from the leftover remains, to make sure he didn't look dirty as hell when he went back home. When he looked up, however, he didn't expect to come face-to-wall with a towering building.

 

“Holy balls batman!” He blurted out, quickly covering his mouth.

 

‘This is like a ing legit spy movie! Except I’m not a spy! And I would probably be fired on the first day...No time for negativity!!’

 

He felt the rush of adventure go through his veins, and began to run to where he thought would be the front of the building; fortunately, he headed towards the right direction.

 

‘Hey, I’m getting good at guessing. I can probably guess that Jinyoung and Youngjae are inside here and get it right!’

 

Jaebum looked around to see if the mystery vehicle was around the area, but strangely saw nothing more than the holographic wall and the actual greenery growing in the area.

 

‘Huh...but the tracks lead through here...I guess it was parked in the back? Ah well, that’s the least of my concerns now anyways.’

 

With a shrug and an unamused face, he walked towards the front door of the newfound building.The steel door before him looked very intimidating, with rusted stains in random areas, smeared blood on the panic bars, and a few scratch marks that must've been made by some of the wild animals. He silently gulped in slight fear from this, but moved his hands to the panic bars and pushed the door wide open.

 

What he saw inside the old and rusting building was, well, not as scary as he thought it would be. Sure, there were some old beeping computers and rusty areas here and there, but nothing to absolutely terrify him. As he went deeper and deeper however, things became more than cheery as there were bulletholes and knives stuck to the wall, and what Jaebum possibly thought was a dead body.

 

Then he saw the cells at the far back of the building, and had never felt more terrified.

 

There were two people; people that he knew and loved, unconscious and placed in separate cells, one of them with a bloodied leg and the other looking as sickly as a dying animal. Although, they both looked like death itself in their conditions.

 

“Jirongie! Youngjae!”

 

He ran towards Jinyoung’s small prison and slid on his knees to the boy’s level. They were separated by the bars, as if by cruel fate, and Jinyoung’s collapsed body was too far for Jaebum to reach.

 

‘So this is where they’ve been taken to...I have to get out before that ing criminal comes back and get the police!’

 

“Don’t worry, Jirongie, I’ll come back for you soon-”

“Oh, and what makes you believe you won’t join him?”

 

Jaebum turned around in shock, and saw a tall man with a strange rabbit mask before him, towering even his own shadow. The boy felt scared in place, unable to move, feeling like a caged animal staring into the eyes of their captor.

 

“A-are you the one behind this?!” He asked feverishly. “If you are, you-you’re not gonna get away with any of this!”

 

The older man only chuckled with a sickly-sweet smile, which only scared the latter more.

 

“You may have found us, but it was us, who found you. Ahe, Joko, take a swing at his head, will you?”

 

“Wha-Ah!”

 

Thwack!

 

Thu-dump.

 

_______xOperation Kill This Love: Strike Three: Jaebum_______


(Note: Within 6 days, I’ve posted 3 six page-long chapters…*accomplishment*! Okay, now seriously do not expect me to come out with another so quickly, because I think the writers’ block has finally gotten to me as of right now, so please be super patient! Poor Jaebum though...he had one job! And he was so close to accomplishing it! Ah well, there’s always Mark...hopefully. Lol, but anyways, I would also like to thank all 208 of you for subbing to this little story of mine, it really means a lot that you’re willing to sit through this thing that I do instead of the homework I’m given XD Now, I’ll talk to you later, my lovely pyschopaths~