Chapter 005: Not Worth the Long Way 'Round

Operation Kill This Love

 

“Bye guys!” Mark yelled as he waved at the distant figures that were his friends.

Due to the fact that they were all on the other side of the school- or had to take a bus or car home- Mark sadly, yet fortunately, had to walk home alone. It’s not that he didn’t like having his newfound friends with him, in fact, it was the complete opposite. He loved having the goofs around him, they would get him to laugh much more than he usually would during a mission.

It’s just that he didn’t want them to try to get in his house and find something they shouldn’t. Although he is a very organized person when it comes to being undercover, people somehow tend to see things that were well hidden.

And plus, he just wanted to forget about the rest of the day.

After lunch, it turned out that he had every class after lunch with Jackson, and no one else that he knew. Now, it wouldn’t have been such an issue if it wasn’t for the fact that Jackson kept using stupid pickup lines on him every time the teacher looked away.If that wasn’t enough, Wang would continuously stare at him, even if they were on completely different sides of the room.

Wouldn’t you get annoyed by that? Well, if you actually liked guys like him you probably wouldn't mind as much.

But this is Mark we’re talking about here; he doesn’t like having a lot of attention. He’d like to be more of a wallflower than a toy for an idiotic rich kid that’s about to get his head shot.

“Oh hey there Tuan!”

And speak of the ing devil.

Jackson ran beside the redhead and slung his arm around the his shoulders.

“I didn’t know you lived around my part of the hood.” the idiot Wang remarked, a small grin forming on his face. “Maybe you and I should walk home together from now on eh?"

Mark rolled his eyes and sighed, keeping his attention towards the way home; but it didn't help much when Jackson began to repeatedly poke his cheek.

"Hyung~," Jackson whined, "stop ignoring me! It's not very nice to ignore people like this!"

'Such a child' Mark thought, trying to block the sound of Mr. Attention Lover. But even though he was trying to block it out, a small part of his brain said to talk to him. 

‘Shut up brain, you have no say in this!’

"Mmmmmmaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrkkkk-"

"What?!" Mark snapped, giving a death glare towards Jackson.

They both stopped in their tracks when their eyes met for the second time, as if they were having a staring contest. The duo didn't mean to stop so abruptly, but their minds said otherwise. To the passersby, it looked as if they were determined yet entranced by the other, but it was still unknown to both parties.

Light blush was present on both cheeks, but it seemed difficult for them to look away.

Well, until Mark started running for his life. Jackson, who finally snapped out, called out, "Mark!! Mark, come back here!"

The hyung didn't listen however, and continued to run home.

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

The young and heavily breathing Mark Tuan was laying in his plush tan couch, relaxing himself after that long run he forced himself to do. He knew that he would have to get up to make himself something to eat, but his body was feeling a bit too heavy to carry, so he instead just stared at the ceiling. 

As the small sound of the fan above would mix in with the show on the television screen, his body started to relax, his heart rate going back to normal and his hunger growing stronger. However, the brain was doing the complete opposite; it went into major overdrive with the image of Jackson’s eyes blocking everything else that happened that day.

Mark didn’t know why the eyes of a player would entrance him, but he knew that there was something inside them that caught his full attention. But right now, he wanted to not feel flustered over the incompetent idiot, or the weird feeling that was clawing at him like nails on a chalkboard.

“...I don't know why I'm acting like this, but I can’t wait to finally behead that guy-!” he was interrupted by a loud rumble, most likely coming from the bottomless pit he calls his stomach. “...after I order a burger or two.” he sighed, getting up from his comfortable position and heading towards the home phone to call McDonalds.

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

(Note: Eeyup...another update…and a short one as well…ah well ^^ but yeah, here’s a cute little Markson moment. I know it seems rushed, but yeah, stuff happens~ I hope you enjoy this, please let me know in a private message or maybe a comment if you did or if I had made an error, and I shall talk to you later, my lovely pyschopaths~