Chapter 021: Well Then

Operation Kill This Love


 

The sun was beaming through the small living room window that Sunday morning, blinding the sleeping redhead. It was clearly too early for him to be awake, so he tried turning to his other side, where the couch met the wall, to sleep just a bit more. Although, it was proven to be futile as he groaned in anger to his back.

 

'At least I didn't wake up to any banging this time.'

 

Mark sat up from his previous comfortable position and stretched his arms out, yawning and smacking his lips lazily. He looked around the room and was almost surprised at seeing the living room, until he remembered last night’s guest.

 

"Wait...Dae?"

 

He got up and started circling the room, hoping to see any signs of the brunette, but sadly did not. The elder's apron was still there, so he probably didn't leave yet, but the figure himself was nowhere to be found. Well, until he found a note left next to the empty brown bag.

 

'Hey Tuan, I hope you don't mind if I take a shower here before heading off! :) oh, and in case you're hungry, I took the liberty to make you some muffins for breakfast! Enjoy! :D

 

                         ~Daehyun'

 

Now that the note mentioned it, there was a unfamiliar and appetizing smell coming from his kitchen. Mark, for some reason, felt that it was necessary for him to sneak into his own kitchen, to check and see if Daehyun was in there instead. He did not meet the male, but there was indeed a platter of scrumptious looking chocolate-chip muffins on the counter, just begging to be eaten.

 

And you know how Mark was; he wasn't one to disappoint others.

 

He practically pounced inside the area, but was careful on picking up one of the muffins, just in case they were still hot. When his fingers felt nothing but warmth and fluff, Mark didn't hesitate to take a bite of his breakfast, a small moan of approval leaving his lips.

 

"So ing good!" He yelled, having no thoughts of being proper and not talking with his mouth full; it was that good.

 

'I have to remember to thank Dae-hyung when he gets out.'

 

After finishing his first one, Mark greedily took the whole batch off the countertop, and went back to the living room with a satisfied smile. There, he sat himself comfortably on his couch, placing his muffins on the table and grabbing the remote to switch on the tv. Once situated, having a blanket wrapped around his shoulders and a muffin in his hand, the redhead felt completely at peace; there was nothing to distract him from the television, or his precious muffins of course.

 

Well, until there was a sudden knock at the door.

 

"You've got to be ing kidding me." Mark muttered angrily, "I swear, if it is who I think it is, so help me I'll-!"

 

"Mark-hyung! Are you home?"

 

'Of course it's Jackson. Who else could it be? Gandhi?'

 

With a growl, Mark got up from his comfortable spot and dragged his feet to the front door. He would like to just sit and ignore the door, but Jackson would probably try and sneak into his house through his bedroom window if he had to wait any longer; and dear God, Mark didn't want anyone else popping through a window! He grabbed the door handle and twisted it tights, pulling it back with force to see the face that was all but appealing in the morning.

 

"Good morning, Mark! I didn't see you in your room, so I thought you were already down here." Jackson said as he walked inside.

 

"...Of course you would go to the window first."

 

The door was slammed shut, to show Mark's annoyance, but it seemed that Jackson didn't much pay attention.

 

"What're you doing at my house?" Mark asked, not turning around and crossing his arms angrily.

 

"Well," Jackson began, taking one of the muffins from the platter, "I was coming to see if you-...Mark."

 

"What now?"

 

"Why is Dae-hyung here? In your house? In front of me? In only a towel?"

 

"Huh?"

 

When Tuan turned around, he felt himself turn fifty shades of red at the sight before him. Daehyun was indeed in the room, his usually fluffy hair laying flat on his forehead with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. Though it was surprising...he did look hot; in Jackson’s eyes, of course.

 

"Um...I didn’t know you would have any company over…”

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______

 

It was lunch time, and instead of raiding the kitchen, Mark and Jackson were sitting awkwardly in the living room, each on the other side of the couch. Their hyung Daehyun had already left possibly an hour before, but the strange air just wouldn’t leave the duo alone. For Mark, it was almost embarrassing to talk about why Daehyun, of all people, was there, taking a shower and accidentally walking around Tuan’s home in nothing but a towel; Jackson just wanted to know why the guy was there in general.

 

It was plaguing the young Wang’s mind on who this man thought he was, just going into Mark’s house like that and taking showers there; like he was the man of the house. Then again, he himself had a habit of inviting himself over, but at least he never took a shower there!

 

Well, not yet anyways.

 

After a few moments of more awkward silence, Mark was the first to speak.

 

“So...why’d you stop by, Wang?”

 

“Well, it wasn’t to see a man roaming around your home, that’s for sure.” Jackson replied grudgingly, crossing his arms like a small child.

 

Mark stared at his ‘friend’ with an annoyed expression.

 

“Really? Come on, I know it looked bad, but you have no reason to act so whiney over this. Daehyun came over last night so he didn’t have to-”

“Woah woah woah; he was here all last night?!”

 

“Oh my ing god- Jackson, can you not be so irrational about this? It’s completely unnecessary.”

 

“Well, tell me why he was here, in your house, using your kitchen, possibly sleeping beside you, and using your bathroom like he lives here? Huh?”

 

“Oh don’t act as if you don’t act the same way!” Mark snapped, “You’ve visited me how many times? You’ve messed in my kitchen and used my bathroom how many times? Hell, he even had the decency to knock on the door on his first time visiting, unlike you!”

 

Yes, Mark knew the last part was a small lie, but he didn’t care much; right now, Jackson was just being too y for Tuan to stand. However, he felt guilt forming in the pit of his stomach when the latter went silent.

 

"...Sorry..." Wang muttered.

 

"No, I should be the one apologizing...I shouldn't have snapped at you."

 

'Although I had every right to.' Mark thought

 

"But I was acting all jealous and stuff for you having someone over...you had every right to snap..." The younger replied.

 

'At least he knows that too.'

 

"...although I do accept your apology."

 

'...really?'

 

"But anyways," Jackson began, "I came here to talk to you about something, or should I say someone."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Have you heard anything from Jaebum since we left Jinyoung's place yesterday?"

 

"Um...no, I don't think so. Why? Have you?"

 

Jackson shook his head, his lips forming a thin straight line.

 

"BamBam and Yugyeom haven't been so lucky either. Although, when I went to his house earlier, his parents told me he went out to the woods or something. I'm thinking that he's going around and looking for Jinyoung and Youngjae."

 

"Why the woods though? Aren't there some empty buildings around here they could be hidden in?"

 

"That's what I would think, but I guess he wanted to find their...bodies, if that ends up to be the case."

 

"...Oh."

 

Mark didn't know what to think about that sort of scenario, though he had done something similar a few missions ago. During that mission, he had hid a young adult's body in the deepest parts of the forest, which was found almost a whole month later. Now that he was on the other end of the line, however, it had proven itself as something to be terrified of.

 

"Do you...think he could find them- a-alive, to say the least- in there?" Mark implored.

 

“Well of course! I mean, why would they be found dead? The dude may have just kidnapped them and hid them somewhere in there.”

 

In Jackson’s mind, what he just said made absolutely no sense, but it was better than scaring Mark more than he already was. He couldn’t just say ‘oh yeah, they’re bodies are probably decaying or something by now.’ and act like it was no big deal! Hell, the only reason Wang even said that was to not only reassure his Mark, but also himself as well about it. How would you react if, in a matter of probably four days, two of your close friends were taken hostage in god-knows where? And the fact that Mark was breaking down a lot more than Jackson thought he would during that time, anything was better than just saying they were just dead and left to rot.

 

Mark, however, saw straight through the other’s words; he did thank him quietly for trying though.

 

“Ah...I see…”

 

Silence fell upon the room again, but they were a bit closer together than they were before; it wasn’t as awkward as before either. Neither of them could think of anything good to say, or something that could be a good transition from the talk of possible death.

 

“...Hm…say...you don’t happen to have any plans tonight, do you Tuan?” Jackson asked, after moments of thoughtful thinking.

 

“Uhm, no, I suppose not, why?”

 

Jackson scooted closer towards the older male and wrapped his arm around Mark’s shoulder slowly, to make sure he wouldn’t end up getting hit for pulling a move.

 

“How about you and I go visit Jaebum then, maybe around 8, to make sure he doesn’t stay all by his lonesome? I mean, without his Jinyoung, he’s just a sad, single dad.”

 

What Wang was saying did make sense, and Mark didn’t think he would be able to sleep without knowing if Jaebum was back at home safe and sound that night. So, with a hum of consideration, he nodded at the proposal.

 

“Great! I can come over and pick you up around 7:45, ‘cause, you know, his place is just fifteen minutes away from here. Oh, and we can bring him some of the leftover muffins!”

 

Mark chuckled at this, but smiled and agreed nonetheless.

 

_______xOperation Kill This Lovex_______


(Note: Well then…I got this one done much faster than I thought I would; I was thinking I would be done with this by around Wednesday or Thursday. Oh, but don’t expect the next one early, because I have a benchmark coming up, and I need to get all prepared for it! Sorry if this one seems like more of a filler, but hey, at least you got something to read XD! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I got some work to do! And, as always, I’ll talk to you later, my lovely pyschopaths~