Avoid Me NOT

Picking One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My feelings… are they from love or pity?

 

 

 

Kai POV
 
I laid in bed wide awake staring at the ceiling, the conversation I had earlier with Myungsoo kept on repeating inside my head.

 “Do you… like Yvonne?” Kai asked quietly.

Myungsoo looked at Kai in the eye and asked seriously, “What if I did?”

“She’s my fiancée… and until I find out a way to break the engagement that’s not going to change.”

“I know…” Myungsoo gave a sad smile, “She was yours from the start…don't worry hyung I know the rules... but-..."

CRASH!

And I was never able to figure out what Myungsoo had wanted to say.

But what?

But I'm never going to work for you again?

But I'm still going to fight for her?

But you hurt her and she hates you?

Even though Myungsoo didn’t answer me directly I’m pretty sure he did have some feelings for Yvonne… I’ve never seen Myungsoo taking so much interest in a girl before. Even before when he did have a girlfriend he would always put her third to me and work. Everybody says I’m a heartbreaker, but I think Myungsoo is worse than I am.

I groaned and turned to my side hoping sleep will come but a sudden image of Yvonne’s smile popped into my head. The smile she had given Myungsoo and it was really starting to bother me. Well it wasn’t her smile that bothered me it was the fact that I cared that she smile that bothered me. I was supposed to hate her wasn’t I? So then why did I care?

I got up annoyed and went to the kitchen hoping to find some sleeping pills when I noticed the beams of light leaking from cracks of Yvonne’s door. I looked at the clock: 3:30 am. What was she doing up so late at night? My curiosity got the better of me so I crept upstairs and peeked through the cracks.

I saw Yvonne sitting on her bed staring at her phone. Her long straight hair was tied into a messy bun with pieces lose around her face framing it perfectly. Her flawless white skin made her cherry red lips stand out even more. She would’ve been a beautiful piece of art… if only she didn’t look like she just lost her soul. I frowned and wondered what happened, I’m pretty sure whatever happened had something to do with her phone. Being a good fiancé I should go in and ask what’s wrong, but being the stubborn person I was I turned to leave only to accidentally crash into the broom, knocking it to the floor. I groaned, since when was there a broom here?

I heard the sound of  the door opening and not long afterwards Yvonne’s voice, “What are you doing here?”

“Um… I couldn’t sleep so I came out and saw that the lights were on in your room?” Kai shrugged like it was nothing while trying to sneak a peek at her phone but she had left it in the room.

“O-kay…” Yvonne looked around awkwardly, “Um… since you can’t sleep… can I… ask you something?”

Her questioned kind of surprised me, I expected her to dash away as fast as possible, “Yeah sure,” I leaned against the wall.

“What did you mean earlier? About the angry texts?” Yvonne raised her arm to scratch her head, causing her  shirt to lift up a bit, exposing her thigh.

She’s not wearing shorts! Wait what? Kai what the heck are you thinking. “Ahem, uh… the?” my mind went blank but lucky Yvonne didn’t seem to notice and kept on talking. “You said, don’t do stupid things the next time you get angered by a text or something.”

Ah… so that was what she was asking, I thought back to when I received Kimmie’s break up text, “I meant… just don’t hurt yourself…" and thought about what I did afterwards, I had vented all my anger on Yvonne "or... do things... that you don't mean... because that'll only give the sender satisfaction.”

 “Um… okay…” Yvonne nodded her head once and went quiet.

Wow. Are we really that awkward with each other? I thought.

“Sorry for keeping you here Kai…” she inched closer to the door, “I’ll see-…”

“Wait,” I didn’t even know why I stopped her but words just rushed out of my mouth, “What did the text say?”

Yvonne crocked her head to one side and looked at me confused.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter