Alternatives

Picking One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yvonne POV

“JUNG YVONNE WHERE WERE YOU?” Umma yelled at me as soon as I reached the hospital.

“I’m sorry-…” I was still catching my breath. I ran to the hospital as soon as I saw the messages on my phone.

“Jess… what happened?” I asked.

“What happened?! Your STUPID FIANCE HAPPENED!” Krystal bursts out of a patience’s room.

“Krystal,” Umma hushed but Krystal ignored her.

“Kai fricken ran Jess over with his car!” tears were streaming down Krystal’s face like a waterfall.

My jaw dropped, in the text it did say something about a car accident but I didn’t finish reading the text before I left.

“How is Jess?” I heard my voice crack.

“She’s still unconscious, the doctors are with her,” Umma’s eyes were red from crying too, “Yvonne honey what happened? Jessica was always the happy go lucky kind, what did she do to deserve this.”

I wish I knew the answer to that, what happened, whatever upset Jess… it was my fault…

“Kai! KAI DID EVERYTHING! HE DID THIS TO JESS!” Krystal exploded again.

“Shh… Krystal sweetie, it’s no one’s fault, it was an accident,” Umma tried to smooth Krystal.

Krystal shook her head, “UNNIE I SWEAR IF YOU DON’T BREAK UP WITH HIM AFTER THIS I AM NEVER TALKING TO YOU AGAIN!” she then stormed away.

I watched as she left and again the thought echoed in my head. It was all my fault…

“Oh honey not you too… it’s not your fault,” Umma whipped a tear from my cheek.

I tried not to cry but umma’s comfort just made it worse, I finally couldn’t hold it in anymore, “Y-yes it’s my fault, everything is my fault. I should’ve taken b-better care of Jess. W-when she f-first started acting weird I s-should’ve talked to h-her but I didn’t.” I was crying so hard that I couldn’t even form my words properly.

Umma held me as I cried into her chest.

“What do I do Umma?” I asked after I had calmed down.

“Listen to me honey I want you to know that none of this is your fault. You tried your best. I don’t expect you to be perfect so don’t blame yourself for having human flaws.”

I nodded, “I want to wait here until Jessica wakes up.”

“I’m afraid I can’t let you do that honey. Have you seen yourself? You’re tired. You ran around for half the day searching for Jessica. You need to rest otherwise you’re going to collapse.”

“But-…”

“No Yvonne listen to me please. You’ve done enough, and I promise to call you as soon as Jessica wakes up but for tonight at least go back and rest. I don’t want anything to happen to you too…”

I sighed dejectedly and agreed.

Umma kissed my forehead, “That’s my good girl. Now the chauffeur is waiting at the entrance. He'll drive you home.”

I nodded.

“Oh and Yvonne?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter