Ignored

Picking One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Narrator POV

Kai sat on the couch with the flat screen TV switched on but his attention was on the clock hanging beside the TV. Every time the hour hand ticked a bit closer to 12 the frown on Kai’s forehead would deepen a little. He reached for his cell phone and dialed Myungsoo’s number for the tenth time that night.

I’m sorry but the person you’re trying to reach is not available please leave a-…

Kai ended the call and sunk into the couch exasperatedly. They’ve been gone for over 12 hours since this morning and the fact that Myungsoo is not picking up his phone is starting to worry Kai.

Worried about Myungsoo or Yvonne?

A quiet voice inside his head asked.

Myungsoo.

Kai replied stubbornly. Why would I be worried about her?

Admit it. After you eavesdropped their conversation you felt bad for the way you acted towards Yvonne.

Kai swear he could almost see the owner of that voice smirking.

Yeah Kai did eavesdrop and now he was regretting it. If he hadn’t eavesdrop then he wouldn’t feel bad and if he didn’t feel bad then he wouldn’t be staying up at night waiting for them.

“No. Not them. Myungsoo I’m waiting for Myungsoo…”

“Yo hyung, you didn’t see me for one day you’re missing me already?” Myungsoo teased as he came in with ten thousand bags in his arms. Yvonne trotted in with one bag in her hand.

“I can take it from here now...” Yvonne had offered to help with the bags earlier but Myungsoo had just brushed her hand away saying he’ll be her shopping cart today.

“Nah, I’m already here so why not just deliver them to your room,” Myungsoo started heading upstairs.

Kai looked back and forth between his best friend and his fiancée as the two continued to treat him as if he was air. “YAH!”

Myungsoo stopped at the middle of the stairs and Yvonne took this chance to grab the bags “Thanks for today Myungsoo it was a lot of fun!” and ran up the stairs. Whatever Kai had wanted to say was going to have to wait she was in too good of a mood for Kai to ruin it and Kai probably wanted to talk to Myungsoo anyways.

After they heard the door close Myungsoo spoke “Hey what was that? You totally scared her away,” and frowned at Kai.

“Me?! More like she was purposely avoiding me,” Kai retorted.

“Hum… I wonder why…” Myungsoo rolled his eyes, “and if there’s nothing else I’m going to sleep.”

“Wait,” Kai took out a wad of bills and threw them on the table towards Myungsoo.

Myungsoo looked at Kai confused, “What’s that for?”

“For the all the stuff you bought her… and for spending the day with her… I know you did it for me-…” Kai was cut off by Myungsoo’s snort, “Seriously Kai? I can’t believe those words just came out of your mouth…” Myungsoo was disgusted.

Kai was dumbfounded, “What…”

“Okay first,” Myungsoo sled the money back to Kai, “take your money back. Just so you know, Yvonne didn’t even let me pay a single dime she's not the type of girl who spoils other people's money, and even if she was, I still wouldn’t take your money. I have enough money, and I don’t mind spending it on her.”

“O-kay…” Kai had no idea where this conversation was going.

“And as for spending the day with her… it was my pleasure. I can’t believe you thought of paying me for doing that Kai…” Myungsoo stared at his friend in disbelief.

“You did what? But you hate shopping, I thought you only went because I had ditched her and you felt bad…” Kai confessed.

Myungsoo shook his head, “Wake up Kai this world doesn’t revolve around you. And yeah I hate shopping… but with her… she’s different…” he smiled inwardly thinking back to the day they’ve spent together.

Kai stared at his friend and secretly wondered if an alien took over his body.

“Do you… like Yvonne?” Kai asked quietly.

Myungsoo looked at Kai in the eye and asked seriously, “What if I did?”

 

*          *          *



Upstairs Yvonne’s heart hammered out of control. If it beat any harder she swore it’ll beat out of her chest.

She moved away from the door and buried her head inside her pillows. She was yarning for an answer but she wasn’t sure if she could handle it. She still remembers the times he had confessed to her. She rejected him once, twice, thrice, until she finally couldn’t anymore and accept

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter