Realization

Picking One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Krystal POV

Call it twin instinct if you want but something was terribly wrong with Jess and I felt like it was my fault since I was the one who dragged her to Unnie’s house in the first place.

I waited for what seemed like an eternity before Unnie finally came.

“Unnie!” I ran to her like a little kid and hugged her tightly not caring about how silly it looked, and before I knew it, I started crying.

“Shh…” Unnie smoothed my hair, “It’s alright Krystal, nothing will happen to Jess she’s too smart to get herself hurt.”

“W-why Unnie? W-why would Jess run away?” I really didn’t understand.

“Krystal,” Unnie backed up and held me at arm’s length, “Jessica did not run away. She’s just upset, and needs some time alone; she’ll come back when she’s ready.”

I managed a weak nod.

“Did you try tracking her phone?” Unnie asked and went to Jess’s room.

“She didn’t bring her phone with her,” I replied.

“The camera’s got a footage of her leaving the house, she left from the backdoor,” a male’s voice spoke and it was only then when I noticed that Kai had also came.

“Unnie, what’s he doing here?” my voice was cold.

“Krystal,” Unnie hushed me, “He’s here to help.”

Help? What help? I was almost 100% sure that whatever happened to Jess had something to do with him. She acted all… different around him. I knew that he was no good.

Kai thought that Krystal was just depressed over her twin he didn’t give it a second thought.

“I’ll start driving along the road from the back door and see if I can find her.”

Unnie nodded and Kai left.

“I’m going to visit some of the places Jess goes to often, want to come?” Unnie asked me.

I shook my head, “I’ll stay here in case she comes back.”

Unnie looked at me not sure if she should let me.

“I’ll be fine Unnie, I’ll have my phone with me so don’t worry.”

Unnie seemed convinced, she hugged me once more, before letting go and leaving.

I was left alone in Jessica’s room. I took out my soccer ball and started dribbling it around to distract myself. The more I thought about this, the more it didn’t make sense. Jess shares everything with me, her feelings, her thoughts, her school crushes, she tells me everything so then what happened? Why can’t I figure it out? I’m her twin, I’m supposed to know. I’m supposed to protect her.

But I failed…

I kicked the soccer ball with force not caring that I was inside a room.

BAM!

The impact was so hard that it made Jessica’s dresser shake and something from behind it dropped.

I sighed irritated and crouched down to pick out whatever it was that had fallen. My hands came in contact with a notebook I’ve never seen before. I sat back down on the carpet and f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter