Stop

Picking One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Narrator POV

“What do you mean Yvonne is missing?!” Mrs. Jung ran to Krystal panicking at the news.

Kai’s head also snapped up and he quickly rushed over.

“I-I went to look for Unnie in her room but she wasn’t there!” Krystal had something in her hands.

“All I found was this letter,” Krystal held out a white envelope with ‘Myungsoo’ scrawled on it.  

Mrs. Jung immediately took the envelope and was about to rip it open only to have it snatched away by Kai.

“It’s for Myungsoo,” he spoke sternly.

Mrs. Jung looked at him as if he had grown another head, “Are you insane?! My daughter- your fiancée is missing and has left nothing except a letter and now you’re telling me to not read it?!”

Kai nodded apologetically before breaking into a run to find Myungsoo. Kai assumed that the letter probably contained Yvonne’s destination and since it was for Myungsoo, she would want to meet him (and only him) there.

“YAH!” Kai found his best friend slumped against a table with a bottle of champagne in hand.

“Whyareyouhere?” Myungsoo slurred, the last time he had checked the clock Yvonne should’ve already been walking down the aisle.

“Oh god, are you drunk?” Kai shook his head, “Let’s see if this will wake you up,” he leaned in close to Myungsoo’s ear trying to not gag at the smell of alcohol.

“Yvonne. Disappeared.”

“Yvonne disappeared…” Myungsoo swirled his glass before the realization had hit him. He dumped the entire glass of wine onto Kai, “What do you mean she’s gone?”

“YO!!!” Kai jumped back and tried to dry his now soaked suit; “This was expensive!”

“I’ll pay for it! Now what do you mean that she disappeared?!” Myungsoo asked.

“Well the room was empty and the wedding dress plus jewelry were untouched, there was nothing there except for a letter to you,” Kai took it out, “And you’re lucky that I had kept it in my back pocket! Otherwise you would’ve just lost you last thread to Yvonne!” Kai gave the letter to Myungsoo, “Quickly read it before Yvonne’s sisters and mom finds us!”

Myungsoo forced his eyes to focus as he ripped open the letter.

Kai watched Myungsoo from the side expecting him to jump in joy and was shockingly stunned when Myungsoo threw the paper away while swearing. Kai silently picked it up and scanned through it as Myungsoo muttered over and over again.

“The place where the sun sets, the place where the sun sets, the place where the sun sets, the place where the sun sets.”

“What does this mean?! She’s going to the place where the sun sets?” Kai asked Myungsoo, “The East or something?”

“Busan!” Myungsoo suddenly remembered, “Yvonne and I watched the sunset when we were at Busan!”

“She said she’s going to rest in a place full of flowers?” Kai looked at Myungsoo, “There were flowers in the mountains? Just where were you guys watching the sunset?”

“We were at a cliff…” Myungsoo murmured and his eyes went wide at the realization, “The peaceful place, flowers, they were all metaphoric. Yvonne is going to suicide!”

“Why would my daughter want to die?” Mrs. Jung shirked from the doorway.

“Uh-oh,” Kai braced himself, “Myungsoo go out the back door, there’s a helicopter.”

The helicopter was originally a back up for Kai, in case Myungsoo and Yvonne suddenly decided that they did want to run away after all.

Without hesitation, Myungsoo made a run for it.

“Hey you!” Yvonne’s mother tried to go after Myungsoo but was held back by Kai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter