Sweet Bitter

Picking One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe if we had met at a different time, in a different place... 

 

 

?POV

“Did you see how many empty seats there were?”

I sighed thinking not this again… “It was snowing/hailing you can’t blame the fans for not wanting to come, blame Canada’s weather.”

“Oh yeah? Then how do you explain the barely half sold out tickets in France?”

“Um… I’m more famous in Asia? Hey, half sold out… considering that it was a hug stadium is pretty good.”

“You’re just stubborn. Why won’t you just use her?! How do you know she’s happier this way? Maybe she wants to be used-…”

“SHUT UP!” I slammed my fist on the table, “I said I don’t want anything to do with her anymore…”

My manager narrowed his eyes at me and spoke in a low tone, “Her fiancé Kai, treats her like dirt, do you really think she’s happy?”

“You’re lying,” I couldn’t believe my manager, every guy falls for her, how can her fiancé treat her like that.

“You don’t believe me…” my manager crossed his arms.

“…”

“If she is being treated badly, then you’ll be helping her by bringing her out of that place.”

“No… no she’s not weak, Yvonne won’t allow herself to be treated that way,” my angel is always strong… that is how I know she’ll be okay after our break up…

“Still don’t believe me? Then go back to Korea and see for yourself,” he challenged.

 I will… and if her fiancé is really a jerk then… I’ll protect you my angel.

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo POV

“Mhmmmm ma sit sso yo!!!”

I watched in amusement as the girl in front of me gobbled down her odeng in two seconds.

“Slow down no one is going to steal them from you,” I handed Yvonne a napkin biting my lip to keep my laugh in. With stuffed with fish cakes she looked like one of those emoticons with puffy cheeks.

“Ah mianhae Myungsoo…” she spoke once she finished chewing, “It’s just I’ve never had street food before,” she grabbed another rice cake skewer.

My jaw fell open, “What?! You’ve never had street food before?” I practically lived on street food.

“Nope. I’ve only seen them on TV, my parents never let me eat them because they’re unhealthy and oily and blahblahblah…”

I bit into my own hot bar and chewed thoughtfully, “Are your parents really strict?”

“They’re just hard on me because I’m oldest which means I’m the heiress. Krystal and Jessica gets freedom and street food,” she pouted.

“What does being the heiress have to do with not eating street food? Kai’s the CEO and he eats street food with me all the time.”

Yvonne shrugged, “I don’t know,” then went back to her rice cake.

I chuckled as I wiped off a crumb from her lip making her choke on her rice cake as her cheeks flushed red. “I know you love street food but we have to get groceries remember?” I reminded her.

“Right…” she swallowed her bite, “we’ll go… after we get ddukbokki?” she asked cutely with big wide pleading eyes.

“Alright…” I chuckled and her sudden aegyo popped an idea in my head, I smirked, “Only if you… call me oppa.”

“Op- why?! I didn’t even call my ex-boyfriend oppa!” she whined.

“Well then maybe I won’t buy you ddukbokki…”  I teased.

“Ughhh fine… Op-pa (chokes) please buy me ddukbokki?” she managed to get out and I frowned it really didn’t turn out as how I imagined inside my head, “Wow, you really never called anyone oppa before have you…” I asked frowning.

“No, so you should be honoured…” Yvonne dragged me to the food stand, “Now buy me ddukbokki, I would buy it myself… but I left my wallet at home…”

“Fine… I’ll buy you your ddukbokki…” I sighed and ordered one cup, “but we’re going to have to work on your oppa’s.”

“Merong~ In your dreams maybe, I’m NEVER calling you oppa again,” Yvonne grabbed the cup of ddukbokki and ran away before I could confiscate it.

“Hey you-… aish!,” I “Meronged” her back then turned to the ajumma to pay.

“Aigoo son your girlfriend is so cute, it’s hard to see such loving couples nowadays have the ddukbokki for free,” she waved away my hand with the money.

“But she’s not-…we’re not-…” I tried to explain but the ajumma just shook her head and kept on pushing my hand further. “Aigoo, young people these days… they’re so shy. I told you I’m giving this as a gift to you guys. Now go chase after her, do not ever lose a girl like that.”

Seeing that the ajumma won’t change her mind I bowed and thanked her before running off to find Yvonne.
 

 

 

 

Narrator POV

“Unnie!!! You’re home!” Jessica greeted Yvonne once she stepped foot inside the house.

“Hey Jess and Krystal, why are you guys here?” Yvonne asked as Krystal silently helped her with the groceries.

“Krystal and I came with the butler to drop off your stuff…” Jessica replied half heartily while scanning behind Yvonne, “Unnie why did you go shopping alone?” Jessica asked.

“Ahem,” Myungsoo cleared his throat and waved one of his hands, “So I guess that I don’t count as a living being then?”

Yvonne ducked her head to hide her smile while Jessica just pretended to look innocent, “Mianhae… I meant why isn’t Kai oppa with her?”

Hum… maybe her sister can help Yvonne? Myungsoo thought before he spoke, “Kai is-…”

“At work,” Yvonne finished sending Myungsoo a warning look.

“Oh…” Jessica nodded then turned to Myungsoo, “and who are you? The butler?”

“She’s Kai’s PA  Jess,” Krysta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter