Stop

Picking One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Sometimes you melt my heart.
Sometimes you crack my heart.
Exactly what are you trying to do to me?  

 

 

Yvonne POV

“Umma…” I called her on the phone, “I won’t be able to go today, can you get someone to send the files over?”

“Sure honey, what’s with the sudden change of plans?” my mom asked a question I didn’t want to answer.

“Um… nothing… just don’t feel like going out today…” I answered while pulling out a sweater and a pair of shorts.





“Honey, how is it going with Kai?” my mom asked and I rolled my eyes at the excitement in her voice.

“It’s… fine…”

“Fine? What’s fine? Yvonne I need a better answer than that…”

“I don’t know mom we’ve only met like what… two days ago,” if she had asked me the same question yesterday I would’ve said terrible without a doubt and ask to go home, but now… I wasn’t sure. I don’t mind Myungsoo’s company and Kai… well all I can say is that he’s extremely cute when he’s jealous. The previous dangerous ice prince turned into a cute dorky kid within one night, just which one is the real Kai?

“Hello?”

“Yvonne?”

“You there?”

“YVONNE!”

“Huh? Y-yeah…” I snapped my attention back to my phone, “Sorry mom I just… didn’t sleep that well last night…” which reminded me… “umma why did you agree to a ONE bedroom house?”

“Mwah? One bedroom? Mr. Kim never told us that…”

I rolled my eyes, “So you let your daughter live with a stranger without even knowing the details?”

“Honey I’m sorry I’ll talk to the Kim’s and-“

I cut her off, “It’s okay mom, Kai ordered another bed… I have my own room…”

“Well that’s good… isn’t Jongin sweet? He’s so thoughtful,” my umma cooed on the other end and I fake gagged, “Gotta go, bye Umma love you!” I quickly hung up before umma could ask any more questions.

I stripped from my current outfit and quickly pulled on the shorts. Just when I was about to pull my arms through the sweater my door was flung open.

“Yah! What took-…” Kai froze.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I screech while pulling the sweater down.

Kai quickly spun around, “S-sorry…”

“Kai…” I reached for a pillow.

“Hum?” he turned.

And I launched the pillow hitting him square in the face, “And that’s why you never go into a girl’s room without knocking.”

“Hey…” Kai frowned in annoyance, “you messed up my hair.”

“Your hair? You still have bed hair!” I exclaimed.

“Exactly,” Kai smirked, “Girls fall the hardest when they see me with bed hair.”

My eyes quickly traveled to him then back, Now that he mentioned it… NO! But it was too late.

Kai’s smirk got bigger, “I saw that…”

“Saw what?” I acted stupid.

“You were checking me out,” Kai smiled proudly.

“Pshhhh no… and just saying… but Myungsoo’s bed hair is way cuter.” I added in the last part just to irk him and it worked. His nose scrunched up almost immediately. And you say you weren’t jealous…

“Saying that to the guy who got hurt because of you… wow and I thought I was insensitive,” Kai scowled.

“Seriously Jongin, if you want to spend time with me just say so, don’t have to keep on piling guilt on me to make me stay,” I teased and ruffled his hair, it was surprisingly soft.

Kai shook his head away from my hand, “I’m hungry make me breakfast.”

“Hum… can you cook?” I asked out of curiosity.

“You!” Kai pointed at me, “Want an injured person to cook?”

I sighed, “You’re never going to drop that are you…”

He smirked in satisfactory, “Nope. Now go.” He shooed me to the kitchen.

“What do you want to eat?” I asked while opening the refrigerator door.

“Fried chicken!” Kai replied.

“For breakfast?”

“What breakfast? Look at the time, its brunch. Now go and make it!”

“Tisk, so bossy…” I took a pack of chicken legs from the freezer, ‘Any idea how to make fried chicken?” I asked totally clueless.

“Um… you fry it?” Kai took out the oil.

I rolled my eyes and sighed looks liked I’ll have to figure it out myself, how hard can it be? You just cover the chicken with bread crumbs and then put it in the oil right?

 

 

 

 

-15 minutes later-

Narrator POV

 *Cough*

*Cough*

“Kai, turn the fire alarm off and open the windows!” Yvonne coughed out while turning the stove off and rushing to open the doors.

Kai ran in with a fire extinguisher, “Where’s the fire?” he yelled over the sound of the alarm.

“There’s no fire,” Yvonne yelled back.

“What?! Then why is there smoke, and why is the alarm on?”

“Ughhh I can’t hear you. Turn it off Kai!” Yvonne shouted.

Kai quickly grabbed a chair and climbed on it before removing the batteries from the alarm. Yvonne went back to the k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter