Arranged...Why?!

Picking One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kai POV

“Arranged marriage?! Since when?” I fumed into my father’s office as soon as I heard the news from my personal secretary.

Slam

“KIM JONGIN IS THAT THE WAY YOU TALK TO YOUR FATHER?” my father slammed his fist on the desk and I bowed.

“I’m sorry father…”

“How do you expect me to give you the Chairman position when you can’t even control your temper over such little things?”

“I’m sorry father,” I repeated.

My father went on, “Your older brother Jongdae would’ve been a way better option… if only he didn’t run off with that useless girl…”

A flicker of hurt flew across my face but I quickly wiped it off. No matter how hard I tried, my father always viewed me inferior to my older brother until two years ago when my brother fell in love with our house maid and ran away with her. Even then father still often compares me to Jongdae. If I didn’t love Jongdae as much as I do then I would definitely hate him. 

“Anyways back to your engagement, we’re having dinner with your future wife, and mother-in-law tonight so be ready, I expect perfect behavior form you,” my dad stressed the word perfect.

Anger was boiling inside me again, “But I already have a girlfriend! And I was going to propose to her next week!” It was true, Kimie and I have been dating for four years already, and my father knew that. “Why didn’t you tell me when I first introduced Kimie to you?!”

“Kimie… she’s a nice girl with a good family background, but not as good as your fiancée. I didn’t know you were serious with Kimie, I thought you had broken up with her already, most of your relationships didn't last more than one month.”

I rolled my eyes, thanks for taking interest in my life father... “Well I am serious with Kimie, so cancel the engagement!”

“I’m sorry Jongin, I’m afraid I cannot do that.”

“Why not?!” I didn't understand, my father was the all mighty and powerful Chairman of course he can cancel it.

“Because it was a promise I made with my friend years ago, before you were born. Now that my friend has passed away and stated that he has left his daughter in your hands in his will... well I have to fulfill my side of the promise too.”

Yeah right, there are no friends when it concerns two powerful companies and money.

My father dismissed me with a wave of his finger, signalling that this was final and nothing I say will change his mind.

I stomped out of my father’s office, “Myungsoo!”

“Yes sir!” my personal secretary scrambled up beside me with a pen and paper in hand ready to take down my orders which usually came in a long list.

“Do a full scale background check on…” shoot I forgot to ask for her name… “Ah forget it. Send a bouquet of flowers to Kimie’s house and tell her that I'm sorry and I can’t make it to our date tonight… don’t mention about my engagement.”

“I don’t have to sir, your engagement is all over the papers,” Myungsoo held one up for me to see.

I groaned, “Great… this is just great…” I snatched the paper from Myungsoo and scanned it, “Jung Yvonne… the heiress to the Jung Corporation… If you must ru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter