Chapter 2

The Chasing Game

RIIING!

 

“Okay, I hope you took down notes because this will be included in the coming test. See you in the next meeting. Good bye class.” Miss Kim said as she left the room first.

 

“Damn.” That’s all Chaerin could say because she practically slept through the whole period and was just woken up by the bell. And even though she had more than an hour of sleep she still has a headache. Damn that Bacardi!

 

She stood up and walked out the room but before she could, a tall, slightly muscular body blocked the doorway. She looked up through her sunglasses and was faced with the man that ‘helped’ her earlier.

 

“Hi.” He casually said to her as if they know each other.

 

“Do I know you?” she was a bit annoyed because she just wanted to get to her car and sleep some more but the person in front of her is preventing her to do so.

 

Gasps were heard from behind her after she asked that question. She looked back and saw some girls who were probably about to go out the room too if not for this block in front of her.

 

“And can you be considerate and not block the way because I’m sure these girls would definitely want to get out of here as much as I do.” She said in the nicest voice she can muster. Her head is still killing her and standing there isn’t helping.

 

“I’m sure they’re okay with staying here for a bit more.” The guy said surely and smiled at the girls behind her. And again she heard snickers and giggles.

 

“Of course oppa.” Someone behind her said and that just added to her annoyance. They were all giggling and whispering behind her, which didn’t help her at all but she didn’t want to get into a fight. Not in the first week of school.

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

I don’t know what the fuss is about with this guy in front of me. He was good looking, I’ll give him that but the attention the ladies and even the instructor gave him was too much. His friend was better looking than him in my opinion even if his choice of hairstyle is a bit odd. But I like odd. I’ve worked with him in one of our activities and he seemed really cool and nice. Plus he really reminded me of someone.

 

“I’m Kwon Jiyong.” He reached out his hand while smiling widely.

 

“I’m sleepy.” I crossed my arms on my chest, hoping that he would get my disinterest.

 

But he just smiled at me again while he coolly ran his hand that I didn’t shake through his hair.

 

I heard his friend snicker at my response. I looked at his friend, Youngbae as I remember, who was sitting near us and smirked to which he just raised his eyebrow and smirked back. He was even more handsome up close. I have just seen him come into class for the past week and he was quiet. He seemed interesting enough.

 

“Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to the prettiest lady here.” this Jiyong guy said and that made me cringe.

 

‘Wow. I bet this guy is some playboy.’

 

I scoffed. “Now you have, so now can you get out of the way?” I said straightforward. If being nice isn’t gonna work on him then this should.

 

I expected that he still wouldn’t budge but surprisingly, he moved away and he even swooped his arms to the side, signalling me to go out first. “As you wish, milady.” He said.

 

I didn’t respond anymore and just made my way out, not looking back.

 

……

 

“What was that man?” Youngbae asked his friend as they were making their way to ‘their place’.

 

“What was what?”

 

“What was that a while ago with the new girl? You know her or something?”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me we’re classmates with her?” Jiyong looked at his friend accusingly.

 

“I didn’t know you knew her!” Youngbae said as defense while raising both hands up.

 

“I don’t.” Jiyong said, smiling at his friend. “Yet.”

 

 

“Hey man! How was class?” TOP asked as they approached them in their usual table in the cafeteria.

 

“Same as I remember. Boring.” Jiyong said as he sat down beside Seungri who was on his phone. He just came from the gym. He went there after the first class. He wasn’t in the mood for school anyway.

 

“But he was taking down notes! Imagine that!” Youngbae said proudly as if boasting to the others what he saw.

 

“Whoa, really hyung? You were taking down notes?” Daesung said as he chewed on his food, making some of it spill out.

 

“Ew! That’s gross Dae.” Jiyong said as he took a bite of Seungri’s burger. Seungri didn’t seem to mind because he was still busy with his phone.

 

“So, why’d you take down notes Ji? I thought you didn’t believe in school or something.” TOP asked, totally amused because this would be the first.

 

“I never said I didn’t believe in school and it was just for something.” Jiyong said, while chewing food.

 

“Or someone.” Seungri said.

 

“What? Who’re you talking about?” TOP said interested in whatever the maknae was getting at.

 

“Hyung, you two look good together.” Seungri said, now looking playfully at his hyung, making the others curious.

 

“What? Give me that.” Jiyong said as he snatched the phone from the younger’s hand.

 

He was a bit surprised by what he saw. It was a picture of him and Chaerin with his arm around her shoulder. ‘Of course, it just happened this morning and it’s already spreading.’ But he had to agree, they do look good together.

 

“Wow Ji, in just the first day you knew her and you already have your arm around her. Tsk tsk tsk.” TOP said mischievously.

 

They were still passing around the phone and teasing Jiyong when…

 

“Yo Ji, heads up.” TOP said, nodding his head to the entrance of the cafeteria. Jiyong looked and saw a certain someone he wouldn’t have wanted to see. She wasn’t alone though. As usual, she was with her posse.

 

He immediately looked away, not wanting her to see him looking.

 

Not long after, he felt a presence nearing them. He wanted to get out of there but it was too late. Before he could even stand…

 

“Hi boys… Hi Yongie” a sweet, soft voice said.

 

He looked up and immediately saw her eyes, the eyes he once adored. She was alone now. She was standing near their table, looking at him. He didn’t respond though. He couldn’t.

 

The atmosphere just suddenly turned awkward. For everyone. It felt like the whole cafeteria was quiet just waiting for his reaction.

 

“Sohee.”